Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

EVERYONE READ THIS!!! REALLY COOL!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Krownis
04-28-2000, 8:12 PM
Okay, so I beat the game and had to try out the cheats such as 'TheGalaxyIsYours' and here's what I found. This was what I've been looking for (and as I've read some of you out there wanted it too). I won't take credit for finding this out, some of you may have stumbled across it, but since I didn't see it posted, I had to put it up.

Play the regular game or Skirmish and hit the '0' number key. Above your BHCI, you'll see a 0 with the word stormtrooper next to it. This opens all the available troops, vehicles, bases, extra characters, etc. that were playable and even non-playable. To search through the available stuff, hit the UP or DOWN arrow keys. When you see what you want, such as Darth Vader, Luke, Imperial Royal Guard, pod racer, Wampa, etc. hit the LEFT arrow key to select it and it will appear where ever your cursor is on screen. Now some things were flawed such as Vader only could use is secondary ability of choking victims, but couldn't out right attack them. Regular vehicles were fine - the AT-AT still attacked and defended using primary and secondary weapons. However, you could put Vader in a bunker and he'd protect it - so it wasn't a total loss.

The best of all, the units never cost points, and they never effect how many units you have on the ground. I had 50 AT-AT's, 3 Vader's, 4 Luke's, 7 Royal Guards, a sandcrawler, 2 pod-racers, a tauntaun and a landspeeder and it still said I only had 1/60 units on the field.

***I don't know if this works with the patch, I never felt like installing it.

Trust me, this is the greatest thing I came across since I happened to read an article that Lucasarts was making a game called Force Commander so many years ago.

[This message has been edited by Krownis (edited April 28, 2000).]
 Elemist
04-28-2000, 9:22 PM
WOW AWESOME. I tried it and it DOES work. And I have the patch so now we know that that works and it is SOOOO AWESOME THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
 Krownis
04-30-2000, 8:30 PM
If I can help out but one person, than it was worth it.

Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design.
 FCDude
04-30-2000, 11:52 PM
Cool!!!!!! Hey Krownis,think you could post something on each of those characters you found in that cheat and their purpose and abilities,etc....?

------------------
"Fear leads to anger,anger leads to hate,hate leads to suffering.................. I sense much fear in you"-Yoda
 The Baron
05-04-2000, 8:29 PM
How do you enable this exactly? I tried pressing 0 without doing anything else and nothing happened obviously. What do you have to do before this? It sounds really cool thanks.
 Krownis
05-05-2000, 1:07 PM
Sorry, I can't explain all the secondary abilities due to lack of time while I'm at work, but believe me most of them are worth it - besides they're all free with this cheat so choose one of each and test it out.

As for how to get this cheat to work, you must type the name TheGalaxyIsYours and double click on it as opposed to clicking once and clicking the blue arrow. When you get in the regular game or skirmish, hit the number 0 key. I normally hit the 0 key on the top row above the letters as opposed to the one on the number pad, but it shouldn't make a difference. You should see 0:Stormtrooper appear. Then use the up and down arrow keys to scroll through the vehicles, buildings, or people. Use the left arrow key to select the particular item. OR when you find what you want, hit SHIFT+UP or DOWN to choose what side the unit will be on. You'll see the 0:Stormtrooper change to 1:Stormtrooper or 2:Stormtrooper, etc. - that is, of course, depending if you want a Trooper... If you want AT-AT or a Y-wing you'll see 0:AT-AT, 1:AT-AT or 0:Y Wing, 1:Y Wing and so on.

I hope this helps, I can't think of any other reasons besides these as to why you don't get visibility for the number 0 key. But if this still doesn't work, let me know and I'll try to think of other solutions. Hope you can get this to work, because it's really great - I only use it now in Skirmish FOR THE OTHER TEAM because now I'm unbeatable against the computer so I use this cheat to help THEM OUT. Good Luck and have fun.

[This message has been edited by Krownis (edited May 05, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Krownis (edited May 05, 2000).]
 tiger61378
05-05-2000, 4:28 PM
One glitch I found with this is that if you use it in a mission, then save and come back later, it won't work again. Also, if you do this, if you later need troops or something you can't get them because your unit limit will be maxed if you're using the ver. 1.1. Otherwise, this cheat is just cool...Even if it does make the game slightly unbalanced.

------------------
"If there's a bright center to the universe, I'm on the planet its farthest from...."
 FCDude
05-06-2000, 2:58 PM
Hey do you think it'd work if you put the mouse in an unexplored area and then spawned it there?Like maybe you could put a tie or y-wing in the area around a suspected enemy base and then just use it to uncover all the enemy base.Sorry I sound like I don't have the game,I do. It's just that I got Diamond Stealth 2 video card and it doesn't work with the game. It only lets me play a few minutes/seconds into the game then locks up. I've only managed to get to level 3 by saving the game every few seconds and then playing and saving and so on,till it freezes and then I get back on the play till I beat it.Does anyone know what the best video card to use with Force Commander is?Cuz I wanna buy a new one,but I want one that makes Force Commander look smooth and uninterrupted.Someone please tell me what video card Force Commander looks best on,that way I'll be able to play it like the rest of you.

------------------
"Fear leads to anger,anger leads to hate,hate leads to suffering.................. I sense much fear in you"-Yoda

[This message has been edited by FCDude (edited May 09, 2000).]
 Nute Gunray
05-07-2000, 3:32 PM
Two questions about the placing units cheat:
is it possible to place the Millennium Falcon and is there a way to get the A-Wings to do something?

------------------
Still no real sig.
 Krownis
05-08-2000, 3:07 PM
Good news and Bad news...
The good news - you can spawn anything* anywhere. Your base doesn't count for much anymore, nor do your command points or units on the field. So feel free to drop something right on an enemy base. Or just put something way out to clear the 'fog of war'.

* - Not everything is usable as I thought. This brings me to the bad news.

The bad news - I wasn't able to spawn the Falcon, nor was I able to get the A-wings to take flight - I even went so far as to spawn a few A-wing pilots and did a Shift+Right Click to see if they'd jump in. Needless to say they didn't and the fighter never left the ground. I also couldn't get the SandCrawler to move anywhere, and there was no use for the Ion Cannon since we aren't fighting out of the atmosphere. But no one asked of these so it doesn't matter.

Warning: Extensive use of these cheats makes this game boring so use with caution. Yesterday was the first time in a week that I played again - not using anymore cheats. Actually let me restate that - I did cheat, but in the sense I gave the enemy a mass supply just so they'd be a challenge. I didn't use the cheat in my favor. So be forwarned - don't make this cheat be a waste of $40.00!
 tiger61378
05-10-2000, 6:47 PM
I really hate to say it, but everyone who's saying don't use the cheats is dead on right...I beat all of the Imperial missions before I even knew about the TheGalaxyIsYours cheat, but when I got stuck on Return to Ruul 1, I heard about the code, & went back to beat it w/ the M cheat enabled. then I heard about the 0 cheat, and started using that on Alliance Strikes Back, & proceeded to beat the crap out of the game, and also lock my computer up routinely (when I got too many units on screen, it locked, and I had to start all over again)....The point is, the cheat can be useful & even fun, just if you are dead set on usin it, try to win w/ 60 or less units.....It is possible, and it can make the game much more interesting......Esp if you only drop units where your transports can drop, instead of just finding the enemy base & dropping 60 walkers in to blow it up instantly. Well, to make a long story short, the cheat is fun if you basically use it as a fast transport (and can really save yr ass if you're being overrun), but it is horrible if you overdo it with too many units at once.

------------------
"If there's a bright center to the universe, I'm on the planet its farthest from...."
Page: 1 of 1