Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ewok Trees

Page: 1 of 1
 Davee
04-05-2000, 10:09 PM
How do i attack the trees on the frist level at Endor; "Ewok Traps"
 ynot01
04-05-2000, 10:49 PM
First select the units you want to attack by left clicking on them. then position your curser either on or between the trees with the trap and right click on it. Your units will attack the trap untill it's destoyed.

------------------
"I will show you the true nature of the Force"
 Krownis
04-06-2000, 12:44 PM
The thing that makes this level kind of helpful is you can foresee most of the traps before you trip them. Just move your mouse around the screen and you'll get a pale yellow spinning circle. I would suggest splitting your team up and sending them to the two furthest sites and meet in the middle - Originally I would take two bases and then they told me I failed (time limit they don't tell you about or something). But when I split up my units everything was fine. So just send one trooper out to scout the terrain (for each group) then play around with the mouse to see the trap. Finally have your AT-ST's attack the target. (My troops always had the urge to take too many steps forward and got the tree dropped on them.)
 StS_Maryjane
04-08-2000, 5:10 PM
how do you avoid the falling tree's i destryed everything else 2 villages bottom and middle, but i was out of troops by the time i got to the top they all were crushed, can you destroy the falling tree's without losing men?
 WildMustang
04-09-2000, 12:00 AM
i found out that if you walk with storm troopers on the brown ground or dirt you can walk next to the tree and destroy it i suggest to save the game often i havent completed the mission im still working on it i keep depleating my forces and end up with 3 at-st's and well that don't cut it he he
well good luck

------------------
May The Force Be With You
 Zen Master Yoda
04-09-2000, 4:38 PM
I've already beaten this level and I found that it is possible to go through this level and encounter only one falling tree. As long as you avoid these trees, this level is rather simple. Good luck, and may the Force be with you.
 psyduck78
04-10-2000, 1:38 AM
A cool thing about this level is that you can use the AT-ST's to step on the Ewoks. It's so much faster than using the guns on them.
 Obi-wan Shinobi
04-10-2000, 8:19 PM
Sorry gang, but I am still unable to target Ewok traps, Could someone please go through it one more time, I think i am missing something.

------------------
"I saw...I saw a city in the clouds..."
 General Zhukov
04-11-2000, 12:31 AM
Try to turn your resolution down and then zoom in close to target the trees. This is what worked for me.

------------------
The past will not be repeated.
 WildMustang
04-11-2000, 9:43 PM
to see the yellow you have to be close enough for the tree to turn from black to gray and then both the trees and inbetween them will turn yellow

------------------
May The Force Be With You
 Obi-wan Shinobi
04-13-2000, 5:00 PM
It is still not letting me target, I dont know what in the hell to do, I have been on this mission for a week....AAAAARggh!!!

------------------
"I saw...I saw a city in the clouds..."
 A_Dodger
04-22-2000, 8:27 PM
I too can not get the stinking trees to target. I also can not get the treetop villages to target. Is there a bug in this level? I have yet to try the drop resolution thing, but will no doubt be back here writing after I try it...
 Czariel
04-23-2000, 3:15 PM
I was never able to target the trees, but i was still able to beat the level, so it is possible. I used one stormtrooper at a time to scout all three locations. Stay on the brown areas as much as possible. Then i moved my whole force to the correct area. I moved all of my AT-STs through the traps at one time, so only one gets wasted. I was not able to target the tree villages until i changed the camera angle, moving it down so that you look straight at the village.
Page: 1 of 1