Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

set phasers to stun

Page: 1 of 1
 Cracker Jackson
04-03-2000, 8:27 PM
does anyone use the stun setting? and if so why? and when? are the specific messions where its beter to stunpeople then kill? i know in the second mission where you capture the sandcrawler they saw that you should use the stunsetting but by the time i heard that id already killed the jawas so i really didnt care and id rather have a dead rebel then a stuned one.
 ynot01
04-03-2000, 10:30 PM
The stun setting is a good idea done bad. It would have been nice to easily stun or disable units, but unfortunately it is not easy at all. You have to pick a single trooper, select the stun setting then pick the target. This is extremely difficult when faced with several units. It would have been nice to set a whole squad to stun other than a single unit at a time.

------------------
 early24
04-04-2000, 11:22 PM
apparently stun is necessary for Abridon 2, (which I just started), 'cuz you need to capture 6 rebel dignitaries alive and return them to your base (actually some mission-specific "prison platform" building) You're right about the nuisance of not being able to arm the whole squad with secondary weapons- it sucks. I'll let you all know if I encounter problems...
 Cracker Jackson
04-06-2000, 10:05 AM
i didnt use stun for that mission i just killed every rebel and then took the dignataries to the prison platform.
kinda od who you capture at the end though.
 Zen Master Yoda
04-09-2000, 4:51 PM
For those who think it is impossible to have a whole squad stun at the same time...it can be done! Just select a group of Stormtroopers and hit T. Then, right-click on your target and BOOM!, they'll stun 'em.

------------------
Zen Master Yoda
Trainer of Zen Jedi
"Wars make not one great."
Page: 1 of 1