Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Need saved game

Page: 1 of 1
 ricepatty
06-26-2002, 8:43 AM
I got to the part in year 2 with charlie where I am supposed to get a VIP pass, but I must have said the wrong thing and the game won't let me talk to him anymore and I have no pass. So if anyone knows another way or has beginning of year 2 saved it would help.
 Metallus
06-26-2002, 9:53 AM
There's no part in Grim Fandango where you can "die" or get stuck so that you'd have to go to an earlier save to get unstuck. The LucasArts adventures are generally the same, and you just have to try some other options. I haven't played the game in awhile, so I can't remember how to get the pass, but I'm sure there are some people here who know what to do.
 MeddlingMonk
06-26-2002, 11:06 AM
What we have here is a perfect example of the evils of walkthroughs.

The reason you can't get the pass from Charlie yet is that Manny doesn't yet have a reason to start the conversation that leads to it. What you want to do is to go down to the docks and have a long talk with Velasco.
 ricepatty
06-26-2002, 11:29 AM
I've already talked to him at length and recieved the ticket dispensor. Along with several toher missions in the town
 Black_Sheep
07-15-2002, 8:35 PM
same problem...
seebees are already arrested and velasco (that s the captain right?) is already occupied with is bottle boat.

Charlie is still sitting in Manny s Cafe but u can t start another conversation with him... i am stucked and really pissed off
 Black_Sheep
07-15-2002, 8:49 PM
go to velasco (he is the captain !! ^^) then try to open the gate behind him... after that u can talk to him and get more hints...
Page: 1 of 1