Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Wheres The !@#$%*! cheats?

Page: 1 of 1
 TheDagoJedi
03-28-2000, 4:01 PM
Man the cheats for this game seem to be harder to find than a dependable Yugo! I cant seem to find the cheats, and you cant Alt-tab out of the game without it crashing, so a editor like game hack or cheat o matic cant really be used, if it could changing the command points, etc. would be easy.
 Darth Kurgan
03-28-2000, 10:36 PM
Man, why can't cheating at games be easier? Damn shame if you ask me, LucasArts just isn't being FAIR! : (

Kurgan
"Want to see the rest? Stop by and see at undergrounds.com" (Ya know you want some ya horny little buggers!)
 Atrus
04-01-2000, 9:48 PM
I alt + tab out of it all the time without it crashing...
 Beech
04-02-2000, 9:17 PM
go to www.jediknight.net) (http://www.jediknight.net) and then click on F. commander on the left toolbar. then scroll down untill you see CHEATS. you can then download a zip file that gives you all levels in the game.
 SuperGumby
04-03-2000, 12:09 AM
whats the reason for cheating in this game that rules from galaxys far, far away?

why cheat, you want an easy war game...thats no fun.

thats all ihave to say about that.
 Krownis
04-03-2000, 1:27 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing a few cheats let out... It's not a matter of making the game easier, but rather more realistic. In SW the Imperials always had an abundance of vehicles and i'd love to see that here. I grant you that some people cheat just to waste the game, but after I beat Rebellion (which I think is another cool Strat game) they came out with a cheat to make vehicles such as the Star Destroyer and Mon Cal Cruisers cost cheaper points to build. All of the SW novels talk about fleets of Destroyers and it was just nice to see them out there pummeling the rebels. But in the case of Rebellion the AI cheated as well so it was an even trade off. My opinion - and every one has the right to disagree - is that it would be cool over all to lower the value of the command points the vehicles cost and see 20 or so AT-AT's crush the rebels and vice versa... Plus increase the amount of units you can have on the field to a # greater than 60. That kills me, I find myself allowing troopers to run head first into battle just to make room for a new vehicle or weapon emplacement.
 SuperGumby
04-03-2000, 8:37 PM
on the cheat thingy, you think 60 is to low...60 is the right amount...heck its almost high...you can just delete selected units by hitting delete key, when playing, i have about 2 troop cars full of storm troops 3 maybe but mostly 2, one just sits there with dellis and 5 troops, the other sits in waiting behind the front line of at ats and personal carriers, then i have them storm the complex after all big treats are dealt with. after ever mission i have about 10 new at ats under my control, and only like 5 new troops, so it has its pluses and minuses.

still cheating is lowering the game in my mind, unless it was to change what the strom troops looked like, change um to like the crimson red troops, something like that. oh if there is one i would love to see battle of Naboo, its got to be hidden, or they best make an update or add-on for it. thats all i have to say about that.

04-04-2000, 8:24 PM
Force Commander is a great game, but I do think that a couple of cheats should be in it. I'd love to see a way to maybe make it a little easier for the Rebels to get vehicles out, since they really don't have anything with the low deploy and fast reaction of AT-PTs (don't get me started on heavy troops, they arn't worth it). Maybe a way to increase the number of CPs for the Rebels as opposed to the imps, since it is possible to crunch just about any Rebel force after only capturing like 2 or 3 bunkers. It just kinda burns me that when you're against the Rebels, they're dropping like 20 heavy tanks or torpedo platforms, but when you use the rebels, you're lucky if you can afford 2 or 3. (I play a LOT of skirmishes).

A code for more CPs or more units on the field would be perfect, and so would a few mission add-ons, like Naboo (that would just be cool. KILL THE GUNGANS!). I like the idea of putting out a code to give Royal Guards instead of Stormies too, since all that white gets pretty boring after a while http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/smile.gif)

------------------
"If there's a bright center to the universe, I'm on the planet its farthest from...."
 Krownis
04-05-2000, 7:11 PM
Naboo would be a sweet cheat or add-on for that matter. And if they are going to go that far, let's push the game 5 years after Jedi, I'd love to see Thrawn commanding the field.
Going back to the 60 units on the field, in the regular game I understand 60 is a decent amount, but in the skirmish I want an all-out war. And I prefer not to use the delete key to kill my Stormtroopers, because they would rather die in battle rather than suicide. As for the Emperor's Royal Guards... I don't think LucasArts would be so kind (hopefully they'll prove me wrong), but the Royal Guard have more important things than to fight in a ground battle - maybe if they make a skirmish add-on that takes place on Coruscant they'll give us Royal Guards to protect the Emperor.
Maybe I haven't looked close enough yet, but are the Troopers on speederbike ScoutTroopers? And are the Troopers in snow SnowTroopers? - I mean are they dressed correctly?
 Darth Timmtime
04-09-2000, 4:44 PM
The "cheat" file on jediknight.net doesn't work once the patch from LA is applied. It's worth patching though, no more lagging for minutes at a time.

------------------
I find your lack of faith disturbing
 fish4
04-14-2000, 4:11 AM
When you start a mission, press the 0 key. It should display something that says 0: Stormtrooper.
For all guys, press crtl + 8.
For buildings, press crtl + alt + 8
For 999999 life for a unit, press NumLock + * on the keypad.
To win the mission, press crtl + w
 Krownis
04-17-2000, 1:23 PM
I wasn't able to use the cheats fish4 listed. Is there a special time to put them in? Ctrl+w just moves the camera forward. As for the other ones, nothing happened, just that the screen would select the items. If you happen to know what I'm doing wrong please tell me. Thanks.

As for TheGalaxyIsYours, that is sweet. For those of you who may have stumbled using it in skirmish, what you have to do is enter a new skirmish mission and after choosing which side you want to fight for and changing the other options, make sure to leave command points at LOW. It's pretty cool.
Page: 1 of 1