Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Broken CD

Page: 1 of 1
 Arthur_0
04-20-2000, 8:42 PM
My CD for FC will no longer read in the drive because of a pretty nasty scratch. Now the game wont load. I borrowed my friend's CD and loaded all of the media onto my hard drive, but I don't know how to get the game to start without the CD. If anyone can help, it would be great because I just bought the game and thought it was spectacular. My Email is rwisme@hotmail.com. (I have loaded the patch)

[This message has been edited by Arthur_0 (edited April 20, 2000).]
 Elemist
04-20-2000, 10:19 PM
Since you did buy the game, I don't think it would be illegal to duplicate (burn) your friends CD onto a blank one. Of cource you'll need a CD burner. Check to see though, because I think it's legal but I'm not sure.
 SuperGumby
04-21-2000, 1:50 AM
if you got to gamecopyworld.com you can find a helper/ hack for your cd off of your friends, they might have a no-cd one or a cd copy one...that would fix your problems.
 WildMustang
04-22-2000, 12:50 AM
i have copied the cd and only use the copied cd so i don't get my master cd destroyed i have had the same problem with other games too. good luck

------------------
May The Force Be With You
 Chunks
04-22-2000, 1:55 AM
Originally posted by SuperGumby:
if you got to gamecopyworld.com you can find a helper/ hack for your cd off of your friends, they might have a no-cd one or a cd copy one...that would fix your problems.

------------------
umm, yeah
 Chunks
04-22-2000, 1:57 AM
The same thing happened to me (sorta, me and my friend didnt have enough to buy one copy ea. so we split the price for one copy) anyway so i went to gamecopyworld.com got the crack and it got me passed the intro but when i click on nethign else it tells me to put in the cd so the crack didnt help much. maybe i installed the crack wrong or something i guess , can ne1 help me?

------------------
umm, yeah
 Arthur_0
04-22-2000, 3:10 AM
I went and got the crack, and now I can play! Thanks. (To use it, you have to run the game from the .exe in the resource dir.)
Page: 1 of 1