Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

This is war. This is Force Commander!

Page: 1 of 1
 Xeus
03-21-2000, 4:06 AM
The Battle Has Begun!
Force Commander is now available wherever fine gaming software is sold.
You may also purchase online from the LucasArts Company Store or by calling
1-888-LEC-GAMES.
Still another three week wait for the Australians.
 ObiWan
03-23-2000, 1:31 AM
Sucks to be an Aussie then eh?
http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/smile.gif)
 Xeus
03-24-2000, 6:01 AM
Yeah I guess we're the last to get Force Commander but also the last to get Nuclear fallout should ever such a disaster happen.

Man FoCom is getting some bad reviews I hope its not a bad as some people say it is. Lucasarts really need to start making good games and not money.

------------------
 WeedSmoker
03-24-2000, 10:31 AM
Yeah, right on! They need to stop making money and start making games! er.. uh.. something like that. Just try it yourself, reviewers can be wrong.

"the grass is always greener"
 Luke Jennings
08-28-2005, 10:27 AM
Hi.
I know that no one who posted on this forum is still watching this thread, but I just thought I'd close the book on Star Wars, Force Commander.

The game has been of the shelves of retailers for quite some time now, and the last few copies are being traded about on eBay and other goods-bartering sites.

ForceCom was not a great game, we can all agree on that, but it left its mark.

It showed us all the miistakes you shouldn't make when you are developing an RTS game, which may be better than making a great game that set a new benchmark.

It changed the genre. Real Time Strategy games were a growing child at that time, and ForceCom, by showing gamers and developers alike how an RTS game should not be made, prevented other games from reaching the same fate.

It was a necessary evil.

Besides, how bad really was it? It's a damn sight better than some of the crap on the market today.

I hope I set the record straight on Star Wars, Force Commander.
Let's remember it for what it did for the RTS genre, not for what it failed to achieve. It refined RTS games, and prevented more games like itself from appearing on the shelves.

Thankyou for reading,

Luke
 AT-ATNemesis
09-06-2005, 4:13 PM
Oh come on
Force Commander wasn't that bad
I still play it and I love it!!!
The camera isn't a problem for me
all you have to do is get used to using the mouse
I never use the keyboard for camera
It isnt hard once u get used to it
but i wish they had implemented a savegame feature for skirmishes
other than that its cool

Read my post
wich is
"""""""Force Commander Rox""""""""""
 Jakexxx
02-25-2006, 9:25 PM
talk about reviving a dead thread.. this post is like 5 years old guys lol
 gr0mas
03-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Long live FOCOM! It's fun as heck once you give it a chance, and the music is boss.
 Reclaimer
04-09-2006, 9:58 PM
Anyone here still play FOCOM? They still have it on GameSpy Arcade.

I wouldn't mind taking someone on in FOCOM multiplayer.
Page: 1 of 1