Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Non reponsive controls on Grim Fandango

Page: 1 of 1
 Andi Wan
06-24-2002, 11:51 PM
When I play Grim Fandango, every few minutes the controls, apart from movement, just don't respond, and I have to exit the game to make them work again. Anyone else had this problem, any solutions?
 MrManager
06-25-2002, 2:36 AM
Never had the problem myself, but have you downloaded the patch from http://www.lucasarts.com?)
 MeddlingMonk
06-26-2002, 10:50 AM
I've never even heard of this problem. I kinda doubt the patch will help (certainly won't hurt, though).
 Andi Wan
06-26-2002, 4:39 PM
Yeah, the patch doesn't make a difference. thanks anyway though.
 GendoTheGreat
06-26-2002, 8:36 PM
I don't remember that specific problem. If I did have it, it can't have been that often. A problem I did have a few times was the entire game would freeze with the music and ambient sound playing over and over, though that I suspect was more a windows problem than the fault of the game. Your only hope may be to uninstall the game, wipe all traces from your HDD and re-install. It may work or it may not.
 MeddlingMonk
06-27-2002, 11:30 AM
That might work. Worth a shot, anyway. I wonder, though, about the 'health' of the system. Even if GF is the only program that seems to be behaving strangely, I might suspect that it might be a Windows problem IF it's an old installation (a year or so). On the other hand, maybe the keyboard cord is just a little loose.
Page: 1 of 1