Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Musik

Page: 1 of 1
 GendoTheGreat
06-23-2002, 12:14 AM
My favourite part of GF is without a doubt the music. The music simply blew me away, I have never in my gaming life seen game music that expresses such a wide range of feeling and emotion. Frankly a PC game really doesn't deserve such music, especially when you consider the fact that games are these days a bigger source of violence and mayhem than anything else (though I enjoy those kind as well. GTA3, anyone? :D ). GF is an exception of course. GF is an exception to just about everything. Anyhoo, I have a question to put to the more technically minded folks out there. You know, the nerds. In-game each music piece was set to loop after the intro played. After I ripped the music (using SCUMMrev) I found each piece played once from the intro and trailed off where the game would make it loop. Is there anything that will emulate the game's looping process? I would love to capture the essence of the game in each piece. Can anybody help me? Does anybody want to help me? (Hmm, better not ask that!)

Cheers mates!:)
 CHAOSMAN
06-23-2002, 4:34 PM
dunno about looping them but when i bought the game on the first day it came out it came with the official soundtrack so all the songs are full length and i dont need them to loop if your looking for the soundtrack try lucas store but they may not have it, its pretty hard to find
 GendoTheGreat
06-23-2002, 4:41 PM
Would you consider selling your copy, or do you know someone who would sell theirs?
 MeddlingMonk
06-24-2002, 12:00 AM
I think the soundtrack CD is no longer available.

There's nothing that will emulate the looping that I know of. If you play around with SR some you will find that there is looping info along with the music. If you expand a music entry you see an iMUS folder and under that a MAP folder, and if you expand that you'll see a lot of information. In that you'll find things for hooks, jumps, and regions. The trouble is interpreting what it all means. I'm pretty sure that it's not related to time. I suspect looping is governed by bytes--the jump is to a particular byte and not a position on a time index. It looks to me like looping is scripted. Whether that's useful or not I don't know. The Scumm Hacking forum is probably a better place for this question.
 GendoTheGreat
06-26-2002, 2:41 AM
I really don't know much (read: "anything") about SCUMM hacking. I think I'll go with trying to find the soundtrack for now. I mean, what sort of GF fanatic would I be if I didn't have the soundtrack, eh? A pretty damned poor one, thats what. Pretty damned poor indeed.
Page: 1 of 1