Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

figure head

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord Helmet
06-19-2002, 9:05 AM
should a politician in the PA be the figure head for it...you know not running but kinda like an ambassador do transactions, meeting, and decisions with the skills of the politician....with the PA's conscent of course
 setsuko
06-19-2002, 9:19 AM
Wasn't the idea right now that Gaalgoth would be the 'benevolent dictator trainee'? Though, sure, if he is away all the time doing other things ("what diplomat meeting? I was busy fishing!") or sнmply gets tired of it we might have to find some other. But now, things seems great. Especially if someone else takes care of the future town, and that becomes a separate issue. Then Gaalgoth work would be easier, and it would be clearer who to talk to if you have some important warning/message/question.

On the issue whether the leader should play a politician char.. hmm.. that's pretty much up to him. Sure, it would be fitting, but isn't Han Solo, the least diplomatic of them all, a good leader? As long as he can talk the talk and walk the walk, things should be fine. Perhaps a politician player could be advisor, if government will be heavily skill based, which I doubt?
 Gaalgoth
06-19-2002, 10:00 AM
I think initially I was going to be the figure head, like the royal family is to parliament. I don't really make the decisions, I'm just there to look pretty. But then again I'm planning on being a gun bad-ass, so if someone looks at the guild funny I'm sure I'll be able to "walk the walk".
 setsuko
06-19-2002, 10:23 AM
Yeah... these things usually turn into an issue firstly when a guild/PA/clan get so big that everyone has no chance to know each other. And well, with the board here for all importand discussions, and with so avid posters, that will not be a problem for a while!
 Lord Helmet
06-19-2002, 11:04 AM
sorry if i was giving you a misunderstanding..i meant like seeting up business arrangements with other PAs or private businesses

fpr example with my post about the srevice part of the Pa...you know ssetting up appointments...griddy work!
 JekRendar
06-19-2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Gaalgoth
I'm just there to look pretty.

I thought that was MY job!?!

Geez!
 Wraith 8
06-19-2002, 2:48 PM
Welll Greg..

I already did talk to 2 Rebel PA's... i asked if i could transport some goods for them in the future.. and i offered them some ore if they need it (cause we have 2 miners in our PA) all offcourse against a price :D.. and a large percentage goes into the Association...

Now.. im trying to talk to that dark jedi PA... you know the one that got that interview on SWGalaxies.net.... i saw they needed Neutral or imp PA's for transports.... so im thinking of offering my services.

I hope Zendjir and Jan Gaarni agree with me we have to make money somewhere :D
Oh by the by......uhm Jan Gaarni and Zendjir.... are you online tonight on MSN? late? cause i wanted to talk to you about the smuggling business...
 Zendjir
06-19-2002, 4:05 PM
Yep, I agree Wraith, but....alot can change in 6 months. Its really too early to make detailed contracts right now. We could make some global trade agreement with some PA's though.

And what do you mean by ''late''? :D I got a (tentamen) tomorrow, so.
 Wraith 8
06-19-2002, 4:44 PM
like in the evening.. past 8 at least.. make it 9.

i have dinner with my work... you know a work dinner :D
 Zendjir
06-19-2002, 9:43 PM
Maybe, but maybe I'm studying...you just have to wait and see :D
 Wraith 8
06-25-2002, 3:00 PM
well i missed you didnt i ?? :D

maybe ill see you later on MSN
 Zendjir
06-25-2002, 5:51 PM
Yeah, I was studying. Has anything special been discussed, that I should know of?
 Wraith 8
06-25-2002, 7:04 PM
Just for you, me and Jan Gaarni (hey that rimes :D)

we should see the factions that are there alone. Like:
I like the rebels. so whenever there is a job from the rebels. they will contact me about it.

Jan likes the Hutts.. so whenever there is a job from the Hutts... he will be the one to contact..

and i hope you like the imps..so you can be the contact for the imps.

(dutch)
Als een soort vertegenwoordiger begrijp je? ik doe wat met de rebellen.. ze vertrouwen mijn gezicht bijvoorbeeld.. ze kennen me. dus ik ben hun aanspreekpunt.

Jan wil niks te maken hebben met de rebellen en de imps. dus hij is het aanspreekpunt voor de Hutts.

en jij wordt dan het aanspreekpunt als de imps ons nodig hebben.

Dit is natuurlijk ver in de toekomst.. voor als we meer baantjes krijgen... opdrachten bedoel ik.

kijk we kunnen natuurlijk elkander wel helpen als we een opdracht doen voor 1 van de groeperingen, maar het is volgens mij wel makkelijk om 1 gezicht te geven aan de verschillende groeperingen..... mee eens?
(/dutch)
 Jan Gaarni
06-26-2002, 12:48 AM
I agree to the splitting of contractors we chose from, Wraith.

But I don't think we'll start to fight over contracts, do you? I mean, it's a large galaxy ... even here. lol (ps! I think I got that part right)

And about helping eachother out, I will be there ... if it's not to emosionell pressure on me that is. :D

Basically, as you said Wraith, I will not have anything to do with the rebels or imps, as everyone that have read the short story on Jan Gaarni's life will know. :D
Not in the beginning anyway. ;)
 Zendjir
06-26-2002, 2:10 AM
Yeah, that sounds good, but I don't think it will work that way. I see it like this: We walk around in the game, meet people, and then (with some luck) we make a deal. If we restrict someone to just imps/ rebs/ hutts/ ferocious monkey's the number of deals overall will be lower than what we could have gained by just scraping them together from everywhere. We could devide our territories of dealership however, I think that will work better.
 Wraith 8
06-26-2002, 2:23 AM
well.. i agree with you .....

BUT.. (oh no.. there is a but :D)

i think if you talk to one guy that is imp... and the next day you talk to a rebel and he saw you with the imp before.. he will not trust you.. or with hutss..... you get my idea. that is why i think it is a better idea to make one contact person per faction.. and if more members of the associates atrt smuggling.. we can devide them over th afctions...

but this is my idea :D
 Zendjir
06-26-2002, 2:35 AM
That is a possibility, but....yeah, I also have a butt..ehh but:

What if these players know that you are a member of a neutral faction; you deal with everyone. If you are a rebel, dealing with imps, that would be a bit odd..but a neutral deals with everyone.

And, on top of that, how would we be able to sort out all the imp/ hutt/ reb customers? It would be very bureaucratic to say: ''you are an imp that wants a blaster? Sorry, but I am the one who deals with rebs, you should contact (...), where he is? I don't know...he usually gets out of bed (is online) on that time, but I don't know for sure though!'' That costumer thinks''...hey! F*** it! I'll just buy this shipload of blasters, from that guy over there, the quality is not that good, but at least I don't have to seek someone out.''

That's how I would respond, and I think most ppl will.
Page: 1 of 1