Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

g_SaberRealisticCombat??

Page: 1 of 1
 Maillard55
06-19-2002, 3:25 AM
Hey JKII'ers:

I'm in love with this game, and I'm about halfway through it, slicing and dicing Reborn with utmost precision. However, I'm reading some stuff about cheats and they say you can put in the "devmapall" and "g_SaberRealisticCombat" cheat to make the dismemberment even better. I find that simply having it on doesn't do justice. I cut down Stormtroopers and others and barely see a thing fall off. Lame.

Anyway, after I went ahead and set the SaberRealisticCombat to a "20" (g_SaberRealisticCombat "20"), everything was cut into nice tidy pieces. However, it was almost too much. So, I turned it down to "10," and still the same problem. Basically, I walk into an enemy, and his arm falls off. Also, Reborn battles are too easy now, as one swing usually separates hooded head from neck.

Any thoughts on making the combat as realistic as possible without sacrificing difficulty? I like long, drawn-out battles with other Jedi, and this is getting too easy. But now it's simply boring, as no limbs are severed!! What to do, my fellow Jedi?

Thanks!
 teleguy
06-19-2002, 3:47 AM
Add g_dismemberProbabilities 0 and g_dismemberment 1 ( if you don't have it already)
 Maillard55
06-19-2002, 12:04 PM
Wow. There's more? I don't have them. I'll do so. Where do you get this info??

And thanks!!
 GrnRaptor
06-19-2002, 2:08 PM
I recommend g_saberrealisticcombat 2 ,personally. I find that it gives a good chance to slice stuff up without touching killing, and it requires some skill to kill. Check it out.
 Methedrine
06-22-2002, 3:05 AM
JESUS!
g_SaberRealisticCombat 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No wonder it's a bit easy. I bet you just look at them and they drop to bits!

Try this to save time...

Bring down the console and type-

bind o helpusobi 1 (this saves time enabling cheats when a new level loads, just press o).

then-

bind i g_SaberRealisticCombat 1

Happy sabre chopping!
Page: 1 of 1