Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Star Wars Gamer magazine on SWGB...

Page: 1 of 1
 Lord JayVizIon
09-02-2001, 8:32 PM
lucky me, i saw an opened computer gaming world mag at the local barnes and noble and decided to peep it out before buying it. unfortunately, i couldn't find any preview whatsoever of swgb (this is the one with aliens vs predator II on the front cover).

however, i did get the latest issue of star wars gamer and looked at a very brief recap on swgb. here's some info in a listed fashion:

- Asst. producer nate schaumberg

- Theed environment will be in the game

- the what if scenario has stormtroopers attacking battle droids

- LEC is shooting for a 200 mhz windows pc as the minimum requirement.

- demo includes the scenario editor, you can play AT-At's, at-st's, and other imperial units against a well defended rebel base;
gungan subs can sneak attack the TF

can someone tell me which issue of CGW has the new preview? the one i checked out was the one with "aliens vs. predator II" on the front...
 Darth_Rommel
09-02-2001, 8:42 PM
Yay! Sounds like my kinda demo! Thanks for the update, Jay! :D
 Lord JayVizIon
09-02-2001, 8:45 PM
yeah, but does anyone know the CGW issue with the new preview. good thing i didn't buy the one i looked at:eek:
 Lord JayVizIon
09-02-2001, 9:03 PM
dang, i found another page on this issue about swgb and here goes more:

- gaber spends about 12-14 hours a day with his team for 5 days/week, so don't be worried if he doesn't come on so often...

- they're looking at a thanksgiving launch. rite now, about 75% of the game is complete. 95% of the bugs are fixed, and artwork for 4 civs are complete (he didn't mention which two are leftover, but i'm willing to bet the gungans b/c jar jar is so ugly and the naboo b/c of their intricate architecture).

- gaber said in the interview w/ SW Gamer that the shield generators look awesome, plus there is an aura like look that surrounds buildings that are powered.

- there is a credible low cable attack for snowspeeders (that should answer those questions of whether or not snowspeeders have cables - so no spamming people:D )

-apparently gaber and co. has added a lot of cool interface stuff

- gaber's favorite civs are the alliance and the empire (:confused: ) and he predicts the faamba generators will be the most popular units (hmm, i wonder why)...

hope this helps.....

jay
 Darth_Rommel
09-02-2001, 9:05 PM
Do snowspeeders have towcables? j/k :) They must be working pretty hard- I mean 12-14 hours a day... Maybe they'll finish+ release sooner... ;)
 Lord JayVizIon
09-02-2001, 9:08 PM
all i have to say rom is "see above"...:cool:
 Compa_Mighty
09-02-2001, 9:10 PM
Thanks for the update Jay!!!
 AoErat
09-02-2001, 9:34 PM
New CGW editon has Vader's helmet on the front.
 Master Yoda
09-02-2001, 9:53 PM
Star Wars Gamer magazine? I never heard of that, I normally dont pay much attention to gaming magazines but this sounds like its worth getting!!!
 Tie Guy
09-02-2001, 10:31 PM
Thanks Jay.

Man, Gabers working 60-70 hour weaks, thats alot. I'm glad he;s working hard, now i understand why he hasn't visited. But hey. if they get the game finished sooner then we can answer questions for ourselves.

About the tow cablw, does it only work on the ATAT or do you think you can use it on other units too?
 Lord JayVizIon
09-02-2001, 10:38 PM
no problem tie:cool:

i hope you can use the tow cable for other enemy units as well. you can bet that'll be the no. 1 question i have for mr. gaber when he comes back here...
 Booya2020
09-02-2001, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the post! Lazy bums like me would never be able to find the time to post that (even though i have more free time than most dogs). Good work!
 Paladin
09-03-2001, 10:56 AM
Cant wait CanT Wait Cant WaiT!:D :D
 Droideka
09-03-2001, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Master Yoda
Star Wars Gamer magazine? I never heard of that, I normally dont pay much attention to gaming magazines but this sounds like its worth getting!!!
it is an enteresting magazine it talks about event that take place later in time and has some sweet artwork to
 Kuma
09-04-2001, 1:41 AM
Thanks for the info LordJay:cool:
Page: 1 of 1