Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hints and Tips section?

Page: 1 of 1
 MJ
06-13-2002, 2:01 AM
Hey there, guys.

Just a question about the hints and tips section. Is it going to cover the old games as well as recent ones? And is it going to be limited only to PC titles?

Not that I really care about the second question, just curious. :)

Also, as an idea...

I hate finding out something in a walkthrough I didn't need to know. To limit that, it might be an idea to have something like this:

How to do this

Then underneath it you have the solution, but in the same colour as the background, so that you don't accidently read something you didn't want to know, which I manage to do all the time and is a complete and utter heap of bollocks when it happens...
 Huz
06-13-2002, 2:20 PM
But then the heading would catch your eye even more than a bunch of prose, and you might not even realise you need to do "x" thing yet. ;)

Have you seen UHS Hints (http://www.uhs-hints.com)?) Those pretty much cover what you're looking for, although the above problem is still an issue if you *really* only want a *tiny* hint. :)
 Spaff
06-14-2002, 12:56 PM
yeah, we will cover all the older games :)
we are going to first of all just have the old skool walkthroughs up there, but we are devsing a hint system, which i tihnk will be pretty good, but will require a lengthy process to create.

i've unfortunatley lost the test for this format.. but ill try and find it and post it here for coments.

The first one done in this style wil be grim fandango.

as for non pc games, yes there will be hints tips and cheats for those too :)
 Dalixam
06-14-2002, 2:36 PM
www.worldofmi.com) has a similar hint system for the four Monkey Island games :)
 Jake
06-14-2002, 4:46 PM
don't tell anyone but i think that section is also to be renamed "games & tips" and will be containing some massive database type thing. djg loves the idea becaues it means he has to program himself to death
Page: 1 of 1