Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jerec's Ship

Page: 1 of 1
 Markenobi
07-21-2000, 12:08 PM
What, exactly, was Jerec's ship? I have heard a suggestion that it was a "modified Star Destroyer".
Does anybody know what class of ship it was? I couldn't get a good screenshot of it.
Are there any screenshots of it out there?

------------------
Feel free to visit my Fan Site:
http://fan.starwars.com/MarkenobisSite/HomeScreen.html)
 Kurgan
07-21-2000, 4:11 PM
At least from the cutscenes, it looks like a Super Star Destroyer... that would be my guess. Not sure if it says anything specific in the books (I read them but it was awhile back).

Kurgan
 BeastMaster
07-21-2000, 4:55 PM
It's not a Super Star Destroyer. The Vengeance is a (AFAIK) unique ship with about the length of an SSD, but not as much mass (rather than having a diamond-shaped cross-section, the Vengeance is basically just an "upper hull")

I think some confusion stems from the fact that Jerec, during the Empire, commanded an Impstar also called the Vengeance. He apparently named the new ship after his old Star Destroyer.

I can extrapolate from the design that the (newer) Vengeance came from KDY, and may have started life as a Super Star Destroyer design that was modified during construction. After Endor, it wouldn't have been too hard for Jerec to step in and assume control over a starship design, changeing the plans to get the ship out quicker.

------------------
"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb
 Markenobi
07-21-2000, 6:19 PM
I thought that the Vengeance looked too long to be a SSD in the cutscene, but oh well, I guess I was wrong.
I assume that Jerec's taking control of its construction also explains other features, such as:
1. It looks like the Vengance has wings back by its engines.
2. The bridge is sort of a box shape rather than being the "classic" SD bridge shape.

You said you think that KDY built it, right? Did KDY build all of the SDs?
P.S. Yes, I know what KDY stands for (from The Mandalorian Armor, to be exact).

------------------
Feel free to visit my Fan Site:
http://fan.starwars.com/MarkenobisSite/HomeScreen.html)
 Dragon
07-25-2000, 3:11 AM
I think that the Empire once had other shipyards around the galaxy. They had the Sluis Van shipyards at one time.

------------------
<-Dragon->

"Strong in the force am I, but not that strong!" - Yoda
 BeastMaster
07-25-2000, 2:20 PM
KDY (Kuat Drive Yards), as a corporation, has the contract for Imperial and Super-class SDs, but the actual construction yards were all over the place.

There were the actual "homeyards" in the Kuat System, but I also recall Sluis Van, the shipyards at Fondor, and even small military stations turning out SDs from time-to-time.

And don't forget the Yevethan Shipyards.

------------------
 Jedi Kenobi
07-25-2000, 7:49 PM
I thought it was the fabled "Eclipse" class Star Destroyer. You can even download a patch for Xwing Alliance with the ESD... I might be wrong (wouldn't surprise me), but I might be right.
 BeastMaster
07-26-2000, 4:14 PM
The ESD and ESD-II are completely different ships, each over five times the mass of an SSD.

------------------
Page: 1 of 1