Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi Knight FMV problem

Page: 1 of 1
 jimz0
07-11-2000, 2:39 PM
I just bought this great game over the weekend and I am having problems with the cutscenes. There is some type of problem where you can see odd pixel colors in the movies...like black pixels crawling on the actors faces, etc. I have an AMD k6-2 300 mhz system with a Voodoo3 card, 128 megs of ram, a 40x cd drive...can someone tell me why this is happening? I've tried a ton of different settings and nothing seems to work!! Any help is appreciated...
 Kurgan
07-11-2000, 11:30 PM
The cutscenes are not DVD quality, obviously, but if you are experiencing major display problems, you can try the following:

1) Update to the latest set of drivers for your video card.

2) Update to the latest version of DirectX.

If that doesn't work, then I don't know what to say.. sorry.

Kurgan
 jimz0
07-12-2000, 1:48 PM
I have hnarrowed the problem down to the compression they used with the FMV. They used Smacker to make to movies, and I downloaded their latest player last night. I can play the files off the cd with the RAD Tools program just fine. The problem occurs when I try to view them in the actual game because the file gets double sized or something to play fullscreen. Does anyone know how to fix this? I tried running JK with the -devmode and -displayconfig switches, but neither gave me any new options about the cutscenes. Is there some kind of conflict with Voodoo3 and Smacker? I noticed the same problem when viewing the opening video in High Heat 2000, which uses Smacker as well...
 Darth_Chaos
07-16-2000, 12:09 AM
Well this isn't going to help you, but I had the same prob with the game as well I never got it fixed until I bought a new comp and tryed it there, and no I didn't buy the comp for the game so I don't know what to tell you. I do think it might be a prob with smaker.
Page: 1 of 1