Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Blizzard MMORPG?

Page: 1 of 1
 Gamma732
09-01-2001, 2:07 PM
For those of you who don't know, tomorrow Blizzard will be unveiling its 'Unnounced Project'. Theres a lot of speculation as to what this project will be. StarCraft 2? Another Diablo? A movie of some type? More WarCraft?

One of the more prevailent rumors that I've heard, is that Blizzard's project is an MMORPG set in the WarCraft world. I don't like WC all that much to begin with....but an MMORPG? Everyone is making one of those now, and few of them work! Asheron's Call is the only one I've heard very good things about. And even that, my friends all complain about lag, endless patches, or HUGE patches. I would be greatly dissappointed if Blizzard decided to make a MMORPG. I'm just wondering how everyone else feels.
 Kvan
09-01-2001, 2:14 PM
I don't think it's a good idea. There are too many MMORPG's out there that are fantasy based! I've played Everquest, it's cool. But with Galaxies coming out I'm not going to have time to play a Warcraft-type MMORPG.
 Gamma732
09-01-2001, 2:17 PM
Galexies....is that a free service or is it another pay-to-play?
 darthfergie
09-01-2001, 2:19 PM
If I want an MMORPG I'll buy Galaxies:D
 Kvan
09-01-2001, 2:19 PM
You have to pay to play :(
 Gamma732
09-01-2001, 2:22 PM
Oh well, no Galaxies for me...I don't like RPG's enough to make me spend $10 a month or whatever it is on one.
 Kvan
09-01-2001, 2:25 PM
Originally posted by Gamma732
Oh well, no Galaxies for me...I don't like RPG's enough to make me spend $10 a month or whatever it is on one.
Yeah thats what I say, but I know I'll cave in and pay it :(
 Darth_Rommel
09-01-2001, 2:27 PM
I'm not... with JO, GB, and NHL 2002, all on my to buy list... I won't be able to afford Galaxies :(
 Gamma732
09-01-2001, 2:33 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Rommel
I'm not... with JO, GB, and NHL 2002, all on my to buy list... I won't be able to afford Galaxies :(

Same here. The thing with Blizzard, though, is that if they did make a MMORPG, theres a chance it'd be free....but I still don't want to see that. Bring on SC2!! :D
 darthfergie
09-01-2001, 2:34 PM
Originally posted by Kvan
You have to pay to play :(

I know. You have to pay for EverQuest too.:)
It isn't as bad as you think Kvan.:D
Almost all MMoRPGs out there you pay for. You just have to get used to it. Like I said though...if I ever get an MMORPG it would be SW Galaxies.
 Kvan
09-01-2001, 2:36 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie

I know. You have to pay for EverQuest too.:)
It isn't as bad as you think Kvan.:D
I know. I've played Everquest before :)
 ChrisC3po
09-01-2001, 2:47 PM
 Gamma732
09-01-2001, 3:02 PM
StarCraft Legacy had a news story about that Insider. They also doubt that thats real. I have no clue if it is or not...how'd you get that chris? Did they e-mail it to you?
I'm wondering why Blizzard would send that out the day before they announce it.

I'm not believing anything about anything until Blizzard says it officially tomorrow.

And if everyone believes it, vent your anger here!

It figures the plot gets interesting right when I gotta go to work :(
 ChrisC3po
09-01-2001, 3:10 PM
If it's a fake, its a very good one. I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow for the final answer. I have a feeling that it is correct though.
 Gamma732
09-01-2001, 3:20 PM
I don't know. It doesn't seem Blizzardish. Its not really all that revolutionary or ground breaking, like they said the project would be.

Sure it looks real, but if it said "SC2 Announced" or "SC FPS" or "Diablo Movie", it'd look just as real.

SCL points out a very good point: Notice the lack of certain Copyrights? Thats not something a big corporation would just not put in....

WoW may be real, but I doubt the veracity of that Insider. As I said, I'm not believeing anything, even if something said SC2, until tomorrow.
 Tie Guy
09-01-2001, 6:40 PM
I could care less.......
 Kvan
09-01-2001, 6:46 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
I could care less.......
Now Tie did we really need to hear that? If you don't care about it tell us why. ;)
 Tie Guy
09-01-2001, 7:29 PM
Becuase i want people to know who voted for "i could care less" If i didn't all of you would be asking who voted for "i could care less" and then you would get all mad at me for not saying so.

But, i'm not really into oline games. I had a brief spell with JK, but i'm hoping to play alot of GB with the people here. The zone is so hard to find a group to play with.
Page: 1 of 1