Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Sam and Max with WIn ME?

Page: 1 of 1
 SnuckeyDomokon
06-08-2002, 3:49 PM
I tried to get a friend into Sam and Max, and she had problems with her sound card at first(not having one listed in the setup) and was never able to fix it. Also the game just shuts down during play. Is there any way to fix this? Also the sound that isnt working is just the actual voice and sound effects.
Thanks to ANYONE who can reply in advance.
 sheaday6
06-08-2002, 10:41 PM
I have a solution, GET RID OF WinME! IT SUCKS LIKE A CHEAP FRENCH WHORE! I'm partial to Windows 2000.
 SnuckeyDomokon
06-09-2002, 1:09 AM
Well that was clever and insightful....
 Jake
06-09-2002, 7:20 PM
you're pretty much screwed unless you put on XP 2000 or that other one that is NT based, and then use LEC Quick and Easy (as seen in the sound help thread in the help section of this forum)
 SyntheticGerbil
06-09-2002, 11:03 PM
Hah, get an older computer.
 SnuckeyDomokon
06-10-2002, 1:19 AM
Well I'm fine, I guess just won't be able to show off Sam and Max to a friend...

Oh well
 Tmansdc
09-08-2002, 7:11 PM
I have a problem too with this game in Win ME. How can I run it good? The sound and music work but once I go into the game it closes with an illegal operation. What should I do? Monkey 1 and 2 work fine but all of the other SCUMM based games (save for CMI) doesn't work. why's that?
 Tmansdc
09-16-2002, 4:04 PM
actually, try a dos bootdisk. that might help. really.
 Smart_Saber
09-16-2002, 8:37 PM
Hold up, guys! I also have ME, and I was having problems with my sound too. (the game never crashed though) So I played the game soundless. Now, about three weeks later, I decided to play it again because I was sick and bored. I started it up and....whoa! Sound worked. 'Twas very odd.
Page: 1 of 1