Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Land Of The Dead Map

Page: 1 of 1
 Tall Guy
06-08-2002, 11:45 AM
a few years ago when i first played GF and was searching the net 24 hours a day for GF related stuff(!), i came across a site that had a map of the land of the dead on it. yeah, it was just an artists idea of what it could look like but there was other stuff on the site too. Things is, im tryin to find that site again and get a look at that map but i cant find it. does anyone know the site i mean? and if so whats the address?
 MeddlingMonk
06-09-2002, 12:38 AM
I think you're talking about Mighty Biscuit's DOD Traveller's Guide (http://www.lois.co.uk/dod-guide/). Funnily enough, it's still up.
 Gabez
06-09-2002, 1:13 PM
Woah... that's SO cool! Not only is the map brilliantly illustrated, but the descriptions are also very very good. This site should have a lot more publicity, I think. We should contact the owner, or at least someone should make a news article about this.
 Tall Guy
06-09-2002, 1:30 PM
Great!, aint seen this site for ages. yeah i agree it should get a bit more publicity as its a great site. thanks for finding it Monk ;)
 MeddlingMonk
06-10-2002, 12:48 AM
Find it? :lol: I've had it bookmarked ever since MB made it. I even have an e-mail address for him, but don't know if he ever checks it anymore. He never replied to my last message (and I don't like being a pest). We had the idea of collaborating on a short GF-themed comic. We'd gotten a 'script' worked out but before he started the artwork he said real life was catching up (he'd just graduated from college).

What I'd like to find is that one-page comic of his, the one where a disgrunted soul was going to try to blow up the Number Nine. I don't think I ever downloaded that.
 Tall Guy
06-11-2002, 7:38 PM
i say we nick it and shove it on the network!:D heh its a quality site, and very original, which is just the kind of thing that the network needs. more people should see it.
 Huz
06-11-2002, 11:14 PM
Ooh. This is great. I'm ashamed to say I haven't seen this before!

Sites with truly original content are always hard to come by and it's always brilliant when you do. Several thumbs up! I say make this site an extremely prominent 'affiliate', even if the author doesn't agree. That'll teach him to be incommunicado.
 Metallus
06-11-2002, 11:16 PM
I...actually...haven't seent this site before either. I did hear about it back in the Indigo Island craze days of late 2000 though.
 SnuckeyDomokon
06-12-2002, 4:07 AM
A Grim Fandango comic? Where where where!?!
And too bad that garage site's downloads are all down. That made me happy...till I clicked on some of the wavs...
I really wanted the "Furry Bastard"...:(
 MJ
06-12-2002, 10:46 PM
Wow. Believe it or not, I've seen that map before, and well remember the Indigo Island attempt.

I even remember saying to him 'don't go there, dude. They'll shut you down'. :D

And I hate to say it, but that was even back in the days when I was trying to get 'Tierra de los Muertos' into something. Hooy, was it that long ago!?

Almost there, Eight. Almost there...
 MeddlingMonk
06-13-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by SnuckeyDomokon
A Grim Fandango comic? Where where where!?!

Haven't a clue. It wasn't on Glottis' Garage. It was on a page by itself. I never bookmarked it and I never downloaded it.

It was just the beginning. It was going to be about a soul who, denied a ticket on the Number Nine, intended to take revenge on the system by blowing up the tracks near Rubacava as the train passed over. The only finished part of the comic ended with the soul arriving at the spot where he intended to plant the bomb.

I know a little more because he'd asked my advice on his story. As the main character was planting the bomb a messenger from the DOD was to swoop down on an autogyro or some such thing. I'm not sure on what was going to happen next, but I think the messenger tries to dissuade the soul and somehow or other the bomb goes off in such a way that the track and the train are unharmed, but the soul is blown to pieces. The comic was to end with the image of the soul's severed skull lying in the sand of a small island near the track, the eye sockets staring forever toward the Number Nine.

As everyone can probably see from the map site, the guy's name is Sam Wakeman. The only e-mail address I have for him is samwakeman@planetavp.com. PlanetAvP is the GameSpy Aliens v. Predator site. There are a couple of places on the AvP site where his stuff shows up. There is fiction here (http://www.planetavp.com/features/literature/index-samwakeman.shtml) and artwork here (http://www.planetavp.com/features/fan-art/samwakeman.shtml).
 Gabez
06-14-2002, 8:18 PM
A Grim Fandango comic? You mean this (http://glottis.grimfandango2.com/comic/) one?

All the links work.
 MeddlingMonk
06-14-2002, 11:48 PM
No, not those comics. The one I'm talking about was by Sam Wakeman/Mighty Biscuit...the same guy who did the LOD map.

I'm not likely to be clueless about Glottis' Garage. :p
 xGrimx
06-15-2002, 3:49 AM
Glad I get to see this site again, I was also wondering where it went off to.
 elTee
06-17-2002, 11:33 PM
The map is cool.
Page: 1 of 1