Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Speeders and other Transports

Page: 1 of 1
 Wraith 8
06-07-2002, 7:09 AM
Hi you guys.

Yesterday i got the new newsletter of Star Wars Galaxies.
In there there were 3 pics of designs of mining vehicles you could build. i thought to myself... great.. now we can build that for our miners... ................

Than suddenly it hit me....
we were complaining that there were only the speeder from luke and the swoop bike....
but we can BUILD our own speeders.
even cargo Speeders.

I dont understand i wasnt thinking about this earlier.
i talked to Jan Gaarni about this and he said like: wow... never ever thought of that.

So... we will probably be able to build what ever we like..... so.. you guys have any designs of what kinf of cargo speeder we would like? :D

-Wraith 8-

"You know, if I had even the tiniest control over the Force,
What I,d do with it? I,d scratch that little spot in the center
of my back I can never reach."
-Garik Loran-
X-wing book nr. 5. Wraith Squadron

Rogue Squadron.net (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=105)
Give in to the insanity. It is unreasonable, but it is your destiny!
 Zendjir
06-07-2002, 11:54 AM
A big bucket of rust, a speeder that has seen some action with a small driver and passenger compartiment and a large cargo hold. This cargo hold is topped by a tent-like structure. And the whole machine can be heard 10 miles away because of it's engine roars.

Yeah :)
 setsuko
06-07-2002, 2:47 PM
Yes. 'Extra loud motor' must be a choise when you make the designs!
 Ascari
06-08-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by setsuko
Yes. 'Extra loud motor' must be a choise when you make the designs!

Think about the maximum amount of decibel u may produce !

We dont want to get a ticket u know !
 Zendjir
06-09-2002, 10:29 AM
I some stormtrooper tries to stop you to give you a ticket you just wave your hand and say: ''this is not the roaring heap of junk you are looking for''
 Ascari
06-09-2002, 1:00 PM
Originally posted by Zendjir
I some stormtrooper tries to stop you to give you a ticket you just wave your hand and say: ''this is not the roaring heap of junk you are looking for''

Thas is assuming your force sensitive,
if your not:

:trooper: "Halt, your vehicle is making too much noise!"

:guybrush: "What are u suppose to be?"

:trooper: "I am a stormtrooper"

:guybrush: "U are a huge nerd!"

:guybrush: :ion: :trooper:
 Zendjir
06-09-2002, 5:19 PM
Hehe :)

want a spoiler?

''you will die ALONE!''

:D
 Wraith 8
06-10-2002, 7:52 AM
but do you guys have an idea for how to make one?? or lets say... how it should look??
 Jan Gaarni
06-10-2002, 6:37 PM
Can't we worry about that later?
We need more info on how things work first me thinks.

Don't get me wrong, it's good you brought this up. Kinda creates another question: Will we be able to build our own star ships? ;)
 Ascari
06-10-2002, 9:07 PM
Originally posted by Jan Gaarni
Can't we worry about that later?
We need more info on how things work first me thinks.

Don't get me wrong, it's good you brought this up. Kinda creates another question: Will we be able to build our own star ships? ;)

With limitations I suppose :)

I assume the devs dont want to see a combined effort from a huge PA to build a third deathstar...

well actually second in this timeline...

:deathstar: :deathstar: :deathii:
 Wraith 8
06-11-2002, 4:31 AM
lol.... :D ok ok.. maybe a little to early :D

but Jan.... i read somewhere that you could build your own ship.
 Ride
06-27-2002, 2:31 AM
I would most likely try to build something like a land speeder, just to fit more people/cargo, and have it to where I can lauch it up into space, then from there, I can extract those parachute things, that catches the winds, and then go from there. If not that, something that looks like a ZOID :atat: :x-wing:

If not that, some type of craft, like a X-wing, A-fight, Y-whatever it is. Maybe even some type of sand crawler.
 Gaalgoth
06-27-2002, 5:20 AM
There is no wind in space.
 Jan Gaarni
06-27-2002, 6:11 AM
Sorry, Gaalgoth. You were alittle fast there, my friend. :)

There is 'wind' in space ... well, kinda. :) It's called solar wind, and you can ride on that. ;)
 Ewok Hunter
06-27-2002, 10:07 AM
if you can build your own starship, lets have our secondary base be a capital ship like the errant venture. most likely we will not be able to build starships and fighters and stuff until the space mod that they said will come later.
 Gaalgoth
06-27-2002, 10:12 AM
Tch....yeah...well maybe in EUROPE there's solar wind.....but back in teh good old US of A there's no such thing! =) But yeah, so there is solar wind, but I didn't think that parachutes or anything like them would help for flight in space......
 Ride
06-27-2002, 1:21 PM
If you have seen episode 2, you would know what I am talking about. What that evil sith dude left Yoda to help Obiwan and Annikan. When they got into space, some parachute things opened out and they started to go lightspeed and all that. When they got to the planet were the senate is, the parachutes went back into the craft and they landed on the planet..............
 Zendjir
06-27-2002, 4:22 PM
Yep, NASA is experimenting with solar wind as we speak. I saw that on Discovery Channel.
 Gaelin Masek
06-28-2002, 4:41 AM
Ahh the discovery channel, the fountain of all knowledge. :)

I like this idea of transport speeders, I'm sure they will be essential to mineral transportation.

As for building a starship, sounds like one hell of a tall order to me! A little far-fetched perhaps, but I hope it works.
 Ride
06-28-2002, 1:34 PM
Well, I read in the FAQ that star ships and transports were not going to come out till the expansion. That kind of sucks, and all we have for weapons on our space fighters is simple nose guns. Seems kind of fine to me, since this is a huge RPG. I think only transports for people are going to be the only transports at first, maybe you can put mining things in the transports, who knows.
 Ewok Hunter
06-29-2002, 4:12 AM
Originally posted by Ride
If you have seen episode 2, you would know what I am talking about. What that evil sith dude left Yoda to help Obiwan and Annikan. When they got into space, some parachute things opened out and they started to go lightspeed and all that. When they got to the planet were the senate is, the parachutes went back into the craft and they landed on the planet..............

I thought that it was a solar sail which collected energy from the sun to charge up the hyperdrive. off topic but, in the Battletech series the jumpships have to spend weeks charging their batteries to jump to the next system. don't flame me if I'm wrong, I'm not sure that it isn't for solar winds.
Page: 1 of 1