Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The death of SWGB

Page: 2 of 2
 WolfmanNCSU
06-28-2002, 9:47 PM
WC3 does not seem to turn me on any. I think I will download it from somewhere and see if I like it or not and see if it is worth a buy, but I doubt that it is. But I will be definitly getting AoM. But Iwill still play SWGB. I have not completed all the single player campaigns yet, and I have not done much multi with it yet either. Just played with a couple of my friends who also have it and my bro. SWGB will not die. I will still play it. In fact I play all kinds of old games still just because they are fun or not finished yet. I always play a game until I have completely beaten all the level and done all the tricks. Plus the old games are fun especially ones with addons, mods, or replayablity.
 simwiz2
06-30-2002, 1:38 AM
WC3 is the kind of RTS that TBS people refer to as a "clickfest". And if they play it before they play the more moderate AoK-type games, they usually are turned off RTS forever.
 Sithmaster_821
06-30-2002, 5:44 AM
SWGB the game will not get much better. Lucasarts's RTS genre on the other hand got a shot in the arm. If they can make a RTS, using a 3d engine of their own and the information that that gained about a successful and good RTS from battlegrounds, they can start a franchise that rivals Starcraft, Warcraft, and the Age series.

As for AoM, its the coolest game ever. I've been following it since it was called the code name RTS III. I signed up for the beta and will be playing either the beta or the actual game instaed of swgb.
Page: 2 of 2