Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

War?

Page: 1 of 1
 Metallus
06-06-2002, 6:54 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2002/06/06/wkash06.xml&sSheet=/portal/2002/06/06/ixport.html)

Well, looks like this is it. I really hope some measures are taken to prevent this from happening, but mopst everyone seems to think that this is unavoidable.

We couldn't stop war at the turn of the 20th century, and the two "great" wars have taught us little. Once again it is the dawn a new century, and once again violence is shown to be the only way to get things done. What are your thoughts on these events?
 spoon_man
06-06-2002, 10:36 AM
http://india.indymedia.org/)

The so called "War on Terror" recieved the most support from Americans since WW II. There's nothing we can do about the happenings in india as individuals that's why we have to stand up together and let our voices be heard . . . however cheesy that may sound.

War is NOT the answer . . .

OK I just reread that and that doesn't sound like me. I still mean it though.
 Gabez
06-06-2002, 11:28 AM
This is quite obviously terrible. In Britain India's always been depicted as a peacful place, it being a strong member of the Commonwealth. It seems that we'll never get rid of violence and war, that these things are bound up in human nature as much as love and peace are.
 Tyrion
06-22-2002, 3:35 PM
War is as Natural as peace and love,I say.
 King Andrei
06-22-2002, 4:54 PM
The only thing that war is good for is making computer games and movies out of it. Other than that war stinks. It's just a decision made by corrupt power-hungry politics!
 atinymonkey
06-24-2002, 7:51 PM
Well. Turns out that is was avoidable. Sorry about that, no new war games for you.

Politics is the science of the possible, not as you describe it 'corrupt and power-hungry'.
 GendoTheGreat
06-25-2002, 3:21 PM
I think he means "politics that are corrupt and power-hungry", I don't think he's labelling every political system corrupt and power-hungry...
 King Andrei
06-26-2002, 1:43 AM
Didn't you ever notice why the were so many wars when democracy didn't exist?

Because, politics were more powerful back then, they had the power to start a war without consulting anyone! And without asking anyone that means no democracy. Think about it...

OK, I know I'm babbling, sorry.:D
 atinymonkey
06-27-2002, 12:03 AM
No. I can't say that I did.

But if I look back through History and compact it down to the wars that have occured, there do seem to be a few. Big suprise.

I'm not sure about your point. Do you have a point? Something vauge about politics and war, or something abput organised religion and Kings.
 Isis Kaldara
06-28-2002, 2:16 AM
War...What is it good for?...Absolutely nothing...Good God, y'all...
 GendoTheGreat
06-28-2002, 2:27 AM
THERE IT IS! I KNEW IT, I GODDAMN KNEW IT! Isis, you wins the prize. I've been watching this thread for weeks waiting for someone to say that! :D Oh man, this is great, I love it.

Hmm, for some reason I'm really craving a cigarette.
 Isis Kaldara
06-28-2002, 2:36 AM
Yay! Go me! I'm so good!

*Gives herself a congratulatory party.*
 Darth Eggplant
07-07-2002, 2:23 PM
:jawa
remember the 34th
rule of Aquisition;
"War is Good for Business."

*But only at a distance,
the closer you get
to the front line
the less profitable it becomes.*

and like the 34th
rule of Aquisition says;
"Peace is Good for Business."

*that's the 35th
rule of Aquisition.
Yes your right,
what is the 34th rule?
"War is Good for Business."
It's easy to get them confused.*
 mxbx
07-07-2002, 2:43 PM
I certainly wouldn't mind quoting the great knight, Aleksey Alekseevich Alekseev, as he proudly held up his head and sang:

We shall go
To the barricades!
For freedom
We'll all get crippled and die!

And you thought Russian literature was bland! Harumph!
Page: 1 of 1