Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Zone hates my MotS disc

Page: 1 of 1
 jedicamp
06-01-2000, 9:10 PM
I was wondering if anyone had the same problem I do when I try to load MotS in the Zone. It started this about the same time I bought it. I loaded it up and when I tried to go into the Zone, it would say that there was something wrong with it and not even let me go into my MotS program and stops me when I hit join. My JK disc works fine. Lesse, I think I bought and tried this when it first came out, and then just stopped trying. The reason why I'm asking now is I see someone else is having the same problem... Ah well, at least I can still play single player games on MotS. Thanks.

jedicamp

------------------
Friends are just enemies who don't have the guts to kill you. - jedicamp
 Jedi Kenobi
06-05-2000, 4:52 AM
That is strange. Try to go to the Mots cd and go to the resource folder. you will find a file like mots.cd (i don't know, there was one for jk) and put it in your mots directory (the main one. IE C:\MotS) you won't need a cd for anything except movies. I don't know if this will work. I just know it worked for jk.

------------------
http://www.lucasarts.com/products/jedipowerbattles/images/jedi/big/obi_large.jpg)
Jedi Kenobi
Jedi Knight
 Kurgan
06-05-2000, 7:18 AM
As I recall, for like the first few months that I had MOTS, it didn't work on the Zone because it would insist that I "only had the demo version installed."

Make sure there is no trace of the MOTS demo no your system before doing it.

It's also possible that this was just a flaw in the Zone software that has been fixed.

Oh, and about playing MOTS without a CD, the only way to make it work properly is with a cracked EXE file, which is technically illegal to distribute here. If you do download a MOTS crack, be warry of virus infections, as some people were passing off infected EXEs some time back.

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited June 05, 2000).]
 jedicamp
06-08-2000, 9:08 PM
thanks. I found a MOTS demo on my harddrive. after that, it worked. Thanks

jedicamp

------------------
Friends are just enemies who don't have the guts to kill you. - jedicamp
Page: 1 of 1