Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

MMP's (Most Memorable Players).. my picks..

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Kurgan
03-21-2000, 5:32 PM
With the million or so folks who bought JK/MOTS, doubtless we've each met hundreds, if not thousands of other players, and we all have met the various "clans" and hundreds of different groups and such, and nobody has met them all.

I recall, ever since October of '97, that there seemed to be a few that stuck out, in my "travels" that impressed me with their skill (and/or indomitable will). I may add to this list later.

This, for my personal nostalgia, and perhaps for those who wish to add their own list of fame, is a list of players whom at one time or another, in my JK/MOTS "career" I found challenging, and "cool." This is by no means an exhaustive list:

The "MS" Clan (Mystic Spirits).

Yes, plenty of folks always bicker about which clan is the "best" and often this clan was derided as being "weak." However, for some reason, I liked them. Perhaps because they were courteous, and often joined my games. They didn't complain, and never cheated (although one time FLIP "accidentally" brought force protection to a no force game, tsk tsk).

The leader of that "clan" changed his name so many times I can't remember what it originally was, sadly (I want to say it was "LordDarkside" or something to that effect). I could dig up some old screenshots and look. I think he showed me how to make custom sabers or something.

The skill of the clan wasn't the greatest, but it was in the early days of JK, and most of us weren't "elite" yet anyway. ; )

"Luke" (I think he goes by "J_Luke" now)of the DS (Darksaber) clan.

A great all-around player, and one I was honored to meet again later, long after he had quit the game. Nice guy too, although he didn't talk much.

"Lt. Stoopid" I forget which clan he was in, sorry guy. He always picked the Stormtrooper. One time we had some fun, my buds and I staged a fake "Clan Tryouts for the T&A Clan" and we all ganged up on him. He took it well (dang he was good).

"Trail" Yes, our very own. It seems like he dropped out of the game early to pursue his various website related careers, and now he has a real job, and he's not involved with the site anymore. I remember thinking.. oh yeah, it's the "Guide" guy. He was pretty good too!

"Spectre" I never did beat this guy. I only played him a few times, and it was always when I joined a laggy game and before I left I was smacked a few times by him, and never did manage to kill him. I think he's still around.

"Kodiak/Skoal" My first roommate at ISU. He and I used to deathmatch each other in our dorm, but then we realized, that we could just look over our shoulder and see what the other guy was doing. We "crashed" alot of newbie games with our "elite skills." Hehe, hey, we were young and inexperienced then. He was a good saberist, and we had some great games together. He showed me my patented button layout I use today, which he got from Nascar 2. He put up with alot of crap, including playing JK in software mode. ; ) Carl, if you're out there, cheers!

"Darkhawk" My current roommate. I knew this guy in high school. More than twice the Star Wars fan that I ever was, he showed me the joys of multiplayer. He still insists that I should play more games. He's currently raving about Half Life (who isn't?), and playing Quake3 and UT (he isn't totally crazy, UT is killer). He taught me how to be a Jedi by beating the crap out of me about a thousand times when I first got the game. ; )

"Doogie Howser" I forget what his other name was. It was something more StarWarsish. Anyhow, this "punk" was always joining games, and a bit laggy, but a good fighting spirit. He beat me a few times. ; )

"JOLT" (or "Jolt-San") I called him "caffiene" freak, because of his name and erratic playing style. He kicked my butt in sabers back in the day, and I never saw him again until years later. I never did figure out his secret. ; )

"Lord Ender" I know this guy has some skills, although he was always so laggy, I couldn't be totally sure if it wasn't just me not timing things correctly on my ethernet-spoiled connection. Haha, anyway, cheers to you too.

"OJ Simpson" He used to go by "Michael Jordan" This Texas player was a friend of StillPlayN, and master of the concussion rifle. He always got yelled at in games because he was so good. I felt your pain buddy! Still around, and still plays MOTS if you ask him. Great player, never complained. I met him rather late in the game, when MOTS had been out for awhile.

"StillPlayN" Although he went basically from hating the game, to loving it from day to day, when he was on the upswing, he put out a great game. He wasn't really the best, but he attracted alot of great players to his games, which made them quite fun (and occasionally frustratingly so!). I first heard about him back in the days when people were saying "JK is dying" (in mid-1998 I think it was). He was in about a dozen different clans, one of which was "GQ Baby" which a bunch of those guys were in together (Sirbob and OJ included). Hey SP, JK is still #7 in the top PC games of all time (according to those industry moguls at PCGamer).

"SirBob" Another player I met late in the game. A bud of OJ and the others. He was somewhat of a "purist" and I often disagreed with what he thought was a pure game, but still, he had great skill, and he joined alot of the games we did.

If I think of any others, I'll be sure to add 'em.

So, anybody else have any "favorite" opponents they've had? I'm sure those "clanners" have a dozen or so folks they hung around with.

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Darth Kurgan (edited March 21, 2000).]
 LDB_modeski
03-23-2000, 12:26 AM
well LDB_modeski has always been one of my fav JK players...

------------------
visit the Lucky Despot Boyz Jedi Knight Clan site www.ldb.org.uk) (http://www.ldb.org.uk)
 LDB_Leeman
03-23-2000, 5:43 AM
I'd have to say that LDB_Viper was and still is one of the best players I've played. I'm not talking from a biased point of view (yeah, so he was in my clan, but he was damn fine at the game).
I remember when Modeski, Viper Myself and another member of LDB were in a clan war against the SR clan. He and I made a good 2 man team...
That's not to say that Modeski is at all bad... :-)
Definately the worst player I've known was a guy called Asaman.
Jeez, he didn't have a clue about MP, and had claimed to have been playing for a good 2years at it!
He used keyboard control, never ran, tried to take me out with a bryar (not impossible, but considering he used no force either, it seems a little unbalanced.
Anyway, I've blabbed enough...

Leeman

------------------
www.thereckoning.co.uk) (http://www.thereckoning.co.uk) - My Personal Starcruiser.
 The_Gamesta
03-23-2000, 1:56 PM
Well uptightknight has to be my fav he is the bets at soljers gantry and he is cool too.
 Darth Kurgan
03-23-2000, 6:53 PM
Oh yeah, I would have mentioned the Messengers of Death Clan (MOD) except that, though they were good, it was only at Force level 8 guns on Cayon Oasis. Plus they all (except for two members who joined later) were really poor sports.

I could probably come up with a MAP (most annoying players) list, but that would probably be mean of me, and I'd just end up flaming and ranting. ; P

Kurgan
 Darth Kurgan
03-24-2000, 12:47 AM
Ah, how could I forget.. Roadhouse! (aka Mistah K). He later went on to lead The Harvesters clan (THS). The funny thing was, when I first met him, he only played the demo, so I downloaded the demo to play him. He was awesome at Bespin Mining Station (the demo level of course). ; )

Eventually he got the full game, and we had some good times. Cheers!

Also I recall Krayt Tion. He was a good player, and fun to play with.

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Darth Kurgan (edited March 23, 2000).]
 Krayt Tion
03-24-2000, 12:54 AM
Ah, thanks. I recall the whole MoD fiasco http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/smile.gif)

So many have I played. One player that stands out in my mind is OJ. With a catch phrase, "not guilty" and some serious skills he routinely whooped my but.

There are others from my early days here. If I could just get this hunk of brain to work...
 ObiWan
03-24-2000, 1:06 AM
Oh sure Kurgan, you tell me to come here and you dont even mention me, and yet you somehow mention Krayt http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/smile.gif)

Hmmmm...most memorable player from the old times........
What about the old "@" clan, although they only were around when it was starting to fade away, there were some really good players in there such as H and BigBull

OJ was pretty good, but he always seemed to die a lot. But how could I forget a very memorable game vs a very weak jedi that goes by the name of Krayt Tion. If I remember correctly I tripled your score that game correct http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/smile.gif) http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/smile.gif) http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/smile.gif) http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/smile.gif) http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/smile.gif) (Sorry Krayt Couldnt resist)

Of course there are many more, but thats all I can think of for now.

ObiWan
 ObiWan
03-24-2000, 1:10 AM
Oh and how could anyone forget

PissedJedi

Lets just say he made this board interesting way back when.

...And how about them LOD losers that claimed that there goal was to take down JK.net.
 Krayt Tion
03-24-2000, 1:11 AM
sonnuva!

well look what the cat dragged in...

ObiJuan.

I should take you to the cleaners, for old times sake.
 Krayt Tion
03-24-2000, 1:14 AM
I 'member LoD. Whatta joke. And PissedJedi. Quite a character.
 Sirbob
03-24-2000, 2:59 AM
My first post.. here are the guys I remember.
there all MOTS jk.net post board guys.
Kurgan"there can be only 1", and his bro Saber 50, OJ"not guilty",StillPlayN,The Great Yoda (my buddy who disappeared), Jedi JAX (Nicest guy I ever played with) you for got the sweeds who joined GQ INK,& ASH, (2 power houses).machoman, oh remember Zoro (I still got him on icq )llllGODlllll the unskilled hacker feared by poor inocent newbies my bro sent him in to negitive points.. (carb & push)never saw him again!does anyone remember DrOiD..? my bro told me stories about him (great guy/programed some ofJK). well im looking forward to the great battle I will wage V.S. those who don't believe MOTS was better then JK! the war will be held in the arena that is called OBI WAN...DF3! long live JK.net! (sorry got amped)
 Kurgan
09-16-2000, 7:22 AM
Sorry, I forgot to mention Obi-Wan in many ways, a guy after my own heart. ; )

There was also a guy named Joker who was pretty good and pretty friendly. I can't remember if it was him or somebody else who was the "boxing champion."

I'll also add ImgSrc a guy who held on for a long time in the community and wasn't too bad. We all thought he had a big ego because he had a "kills" page with screenshots of all his victories. I recall he beat me once, then I eventually did him the favor back in a game. That was fun. A cool guy who helped start the CTF group (remember that?).

Then there's Hiss the Trandoshan lovin' player who as I recall, gave Kodiak and I hell in a hand basket in many a game. Think he worked the late shift at a hotel, so he always had a game or a kind word. His famous "Rebel Strategy Guide" is still around (though not updated).

A fun topic.. thanks for the memories guys!

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited September 16, 2000).]
Page: 1 of 1