Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ack! I need YOUR help!

Page: 1 of 1
 JekRendar
06-04-2002, 11:36 PM
I'm in a bit of delema and I need your help! In my lastest PCGamer I tried out the Dungeon Seige demo and fell in love at first sight, right?

Well the problem is this: I tend to pick up a game and not put if down like forever (I'm still playing Rebel Assualt II). And I'm afraid if DS will fill what Galaxies was going to fill. Should I buy the game and see about Galaxies or not buy the game and wait for SWG!?!

What would you do?
 gavor
06-05-2002, 12:38 AM
Dont get it, it's pants!

I played it for 3 nights of relative entertainment before getting bored and buying GTA3. Thats much better.
 JekRendar
06-05-2002, 12:56 AM
Ah, what am I saying. It's coming from an Aussie, the "G'day People!"

Thanks, unless someone tells me otherwise, gavor's opinion stands!
 Wraith 8
06-05-2002, 5:50 AM
i say wait for galaxies :D.. i have been waiting for galaxies a LONG time already.. im not giving up on thta :D
 setsuko
06-05-2002, 8:44 AM
Well, here goes:

DS was not at all like SWG will be. For instance, after playing it through in a week, I guess I had talked to.. well.. perhaps ten people. If you can call it talking. It has no kind of interaction whatsoever. It is fun to play through once, at least just to see the stunning surroundings (I was amazed every minute in the goblin mines), but will I be playing it when SWG is released? Well... the fact that I have not touched it since I completed it is sort of a sign.

Good action game. Once. But almost no sidequests, exploration, or events that need you to think of anything except tactics makes it not that fun to play repeatedly. It's not a Fallout, so to say.
 JekRendar
06-05-2002, 2:40 PM
Thanks setsuko, you really defined it well!
 setsuko
06-05-2002, 2:50 PM
Your welcome :)
 Ascari
06-05-2002, 4:39 PM
Well if u like it buy it !

SWG isnt coming out for ehm, 6 months? :)

Personally I'm waiting for Never Winter Nights :)
Allthough I think I wont play it anymore around december 2002.

:cool:
Page: 1 of 1