Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Petition for Dark Forces III

Page: 1 of 2
 StormHammer
03-01-2000, 1:10 PM
I don't know about you, but I'm tired of being treated like a mushroom - sitting in the dark and being fed on b******t.

I think Lucasarts should develop Dark Forces III as a sequel to JK, and continue this important thread of the Star Wars Universe.

If you agree with me, add your post to this one. Maybe we can make a difference.

May the Force be with US!

------------------
'I have a very bad feeling about this.'
 Darth Kurgan
03-01-2000, 11:33 PM
Yeah, "Right on!" and stuff. I certify that I, Kurgan, want there to be a proper sequel to Jedi Knight someday.

(waves flag, stomps feet, and cheers)

Kurgan
 LDB_Leeman
03-02-2000, 11:45 AM
What do we want? DF3!!!
When do we want it? NOW!!!! (or whenever Lucasarts can get it done - either will be fine thankyouverymuch... http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/biggrin.gif)

------------------
www.thereckoning.co.uk) (http://www.thereckoning.co.uk) - My Personal Starcruiser.
 Dragon
03-02-2000, 11:42 PM
Sounds great!!
 solo_anakin
03-03-2000, 11:34 AM
DF3, sounds great to me!
 StormHammer
03-07-2000, 9:45 PM
Any more people want to add their posts? I just think this issue is reeeaaalllly important, and as LEC has not announced any plans to make DF 3, I think they need some prompting. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/smile.gif)

------------------
'I have a very bad feeling about this.'
 Conor
03-08-2000, 2:52 AM
I don't think LEC ever allows themselves to be prompted, but here I am to show my support anyway. Heck, how could I not show support for a sequel to my two of my favorite games? http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/smile.gif)

------------------
"Preach the Gospel. If necessary, use words."
-St. Francis of Assisi
 WeedSmoker
03-08-2000, 5:53 AM
You have my 2 bits.

; L~

"the grass is always greener"
 madcownr
03-09-2000, 12:23 AM
after 3 days of arduous gaming to finally conquer mysteries of the sith
i agree that a sequel to dark forces would be nice
in fact better than nice
as long as its as much fun as dark forces2 :jedi knight was

------------------
wu-tang is forever
signed
the MC
 Qpan
03-09-2000, 8:22 PM
I want my DF3 !!!!!
I want my DF3!!!!!
I want my DF3!!!!!
I want my DF3!!!!!
I want my DF3!!!!!
I want my DF3!!!!!
I want my DF3!!!!!
I want my DF3!!!!!
I want my DF3!!!!!

boy this slogan sound familar. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/smile.gif)

------------------
Qpan Quadrono

"Do or do not there is no try."
 The_Gamesta
03-13-2000, 12:06 AM
I want DF3!......to bad I will not be abele to run it when it come out it is does...well not good.
 Xylos
03-13-2000, 4:03 AM
Yeah baby!

Gimme DF3!

It can only get better!
 JaledDur
03-13-2000, 4:28 PM
DF3..yyeeess
 jimyd
03-15-2000, 3:46 AM
Who's tired of anything with Episode I attached to it? LucasArts needs to get back on track with a killer sequel to one of the best FPS ever made - JediKnight! Here is my vote for LucasArts to regain the Force and develop a long overdue follow-up to JK.
 LDB_Leeman
03-15-2000, 4:52 PM
Hell yeah I'm fed up with cheap Ep1 cash-ins - The Game of the Film was nothing special, the Racer stank of "cash-in", as well as Gungan Frontier, Pit Droids and any other frikkin cash in you care to mention - it's no wonder the critics gave TPM such a bad review - it was over-hyped. People were left expecting too much after seeing all the damn tie-ins - A dancing Jar Jar!?! Waste of time...

------------------
www.thereckoning.co.uk) (http://www.thereckoning.co.uk) - My Personal Starcruiser.
 Conor
03-15-2000, 6:41 PM
Funnily enough, all the hype convinced me Ep1 wouldn't be all that good, but I actually concluded it was much better than I thought it would be. I loved it.

Of course, I don't look to sci-fi movies to provide much.

------------------
"Preach the Gospel. If necessary, use words."
-St. Francis of Assisi
 kalan1
03-15-2000, 10:33 PM
I would not hesitate to get DF3, i think DF2 was and still is one of the best 1st/3rd person multiplayer games about, because of the different tactice that you have to employ
 solo_anakin
03-16-2000, 11:33 AM
I hear ya! I'm sick and tired of Ep1 games, but at least there is FC coming out next week.
 LDB_modeski
03-19-2000, 7:00 AM
Dark Forces 3 is most definetely needed. It's been well over 3 years since the DF2 came out, and we're hungry for more. Most of the ep1 tie-ins have been incredibly poor, the Phantom Menace being an excellent illustration of how to disappoint all but the kids who think that ep1 *is* Star Wars.

We've seen before the quality of game that Lucasarts can produce, especially the DF series. Please, on behalf of all your loyal fans - Lucasarts: bring out DF3!

------------------
visit the Lucky Despot Boyz Jedi Knight Clan site www.ldb.org.uk) (http://www.ldb.org.uk)
 Kaiser
03-20-2000, 5:26 AM
WHAT DO WE WANT? SERVER SIDE GAMES!
 Vagabond
03-20-2000, 3:29 PM
Agreed!

Up with DF3!!!

Down with OB1!!!

------------------
VagabondNomad on the Zone...

All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players...
 Fetch
03-20-2000, 8:04 PM
I'm new here, but I'd really like to see a Dark Forces III some time (hopefully in the near future).
 Kipple Master
03-20-2000, 9:22 PM
Dark Forces 3, Yes Lucas Arts should make a Dark Forces 3. Forget Episode 1 stuff.

We want Dark Forces 3!!!!!
 jedimathias
03-20-2000, 11:42 PM
Count me in! I would also like to see more of our good old friend Kyle Katarn. :-)
 Darth_Simpson
03-21-2000, 12:05 PM
Go create Dark Forces III NOW Lucasarts
 Fett1177
03-23-2000, 2:45 AM
Definately-
I would love some new characters. Maybe a badass child jedi that uses the light side. Someone maybe like Lowbacca, Jacen Jacinda or Anikan Solo...
 solo_anakin
03-23-2000, 12:07 PM
DF3!!! Maybe they will start that after
they finish OB1, which looks to be a good game, right now at least.
 Grand Moff Mofo
03-23-2000, 8:03 PM
If you want DFIII give me a Hell Yeah

HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!
 JK_Bluesaber
03-24-2000, 3:43 AM
Sorry to crash your party but, over at RogueSquadron.net we formed a petition fro LEC to make an addon, or at least give us the right to edit it. We got over 150 people ti sign it! BUT, no one listened to us. Not Big Ape or LEC....I will just tell you, ahem "It's a waste of your time, LEC is as stubborn as a mule in mud."

/\(O) (O)/\
(
____ I am Vulcan, here me roar.

------------------
"Would somebody get this walking carpet out of my way!" —"Your Worship", Princess Liea

[This message has been edited by JK_Bluesaber (edited March 24, 2000).]
 StormHammer
03-24-2000, 4:15 AM
That's sad to hear, JK_Bluesaber, but there's no harm in trying again. Why not ask those 150 posters to post again on this petition - and maybe they can all each ask a friend, who can ask a friend, etc. Let's add another zero to that 150... http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/wink.gif)

The Force will be with us...always.

------------------
----[] So be it...Jedi []----
 early24
04-04-2000, 11:45 PM
Yeah, you got my vote! But, I believe in LEC's un-budgeable stubbornness, and I also saw them describe Force Commander as "the final title set during or near the classic trilogy". I forgot where I saw this, but it seems as though we're stuck with Episode I. On the bright side, Obi-Wan will probably cash in on an updated version of JK's already stellar 3D engine, and gameplay promises to be much more strategically demanding (anyone here play Thief?). Yes, TPM and Racer sucked big time, but LEC has already spent more time with Obi-Wan than they did with both of those throw-aways (and all the other tie-in crap) put together.
 TerrorMaroon
04-13-2000, 7:56 PM
I assume none of you have seen the latest PC Gamer magazine?
 Kylilin
04-13-2000, 8:05 PM
Amen brother, Amen

DF3 is the way to be
 Ozzy
04-14-2000, 12:25 PM
I want DF 3 as well.
enough Episode 1
please, LEC?

"Why you stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy looking NERF HERDER!" -Princess Leia

"Hey, who's scruffy lookin'?" -Han Solo
 Sean Ngiam
04-15-2000, 8:48 AM
Um...I might be mistaken but isn't Obi-Wan Dark Forces 3?
 Hile Tr0y
04-25-2000, 8:51 PM
You're very mistaken, Sean. The DF series follows the adventures of Kyle Katarn, and they are set sometime during and after SW: TESB. Obi-Wan is long dead when the first DF starts.
I want my DF3! Hell yeah!
Just a cheer,
Hile Tr0y

------------------
"There Is Nothing Left To Lose"
 LDB_Leeman
04-27-2000, 5:55 AM
However, a lot of people are touting Obi-Wan to be DFIII - either they're confused, or they've heard different.
Personally, I hope it's the former, and they just think it's DFIII because it's another FPS.
Surely Lucasarts have had enough of EP1 games by now?! (how many is this, once Obi-Wan's done? 6? There's the TPM Game, Ep1 Racer, Pit Droids, Gungan Frontier, Jedi Power Battles, and now Ob1)
More from the orignal saga and beyond please Lucasarts...

------------------
 Tycho_Celchu
04-27-2000, 9:47 AM
Well, I'm still perfectly happy w/ JK, so I don't really feel the need for DFIII, but I'll sign anyway.

We want DF3!
 Krownis
05-02-2000, 4:50 PM
Yes, I've been waiting for DFIII since 97. Honestly, I wasn't 100% satisfied with Mysteries (I don't mean to start a war). It's just that I wanted to see more FMV scenes - that made the game really, really cool.

And as for Obi-wan being DFIII, I heard and read the same thing sometime back. Probably at the Obi-wan site. That's what got me interested in it - maybe being the same format, still Jedi is my favorite game to play on the net 3 years running. If a game is this powerful for so many people, why LucasArts refuses to make another addition is beyond me. The money they'd rake in would be astounding. But of course, I still can't get past the fact that Lucas won't release the movies on DVD either. Again, he'd make a killing in the market. But that's probably why he's all the way up there and I'm all the way down here.
 LDB_Leeman
05-03-2000, 4:18 PM
I wasn't that impressed with MotS either - it all felt too tacked on - and the impersonator for Kyle was nothing like the original actor.
And then there was no mention of Qu-Rahn or Jan...
Where did they dissapear to?

------------------
 Kipple Master
05-04-2000, 10:55 PM
Someone wanted to know why the Star Wars movies haven't been released on DVD. The official word from Rick McCallum (producer Ep1) is that George Lucas wants to do something "special" for the DVD release of ALL the movies. At present he is busy with Episode 2. My source for this info, www.starwars.com), (http://www.starwars.com,) in the Ask The Lucasfilm Jedi Council section (You have to be registered to ask questions).

I wish they'd hurry up and make DF3!!!!!
 Xyst
05-05-2000, 11:56 PM
I want Dark Forces 3!!!!Play it on the Zone TOO!!!

------------------
"The Dark Side.Hard to see it is"
 Das Caroon
05-07-2000, 5:25 AM
I down for Jedi Knight 3. Classic Star Wars and the New Repulic StarWars stuff is definitely where its at for me Episode 1 was weak. More Kyle More Mara and Maybe Even the Jedi Twins that would be an interesting idea

Das
 Kurgan
05-07-2000, 3:21 PM
Actually, in the first level of Dark Forces 1, you steal the Death Star plans, so it's actually taking place BEFORE, DURING, and AFTER, the Star Wars movie trilogy (Episodes IV-VI).

Dark Forces II: JK takes places some years after ROTJ (Ep. VI), and MOTS takes place about 5-7 years after that.

Kurgan
 DM_Meclamar
05-21-2000, 7:50 PM
I want Dark Forces 3!!!

I also want the 4 Star Wars Movies on DVD!!!!
 P h o e n i x
05-21-2000, 8:03 PM
he he, DF3 and DVD, those rhyme. Got my vote for df3
 obi
05-22-2000, 12:32 AM
hey guys,i used to work at lucasarts.i quit around the premere of masters of teras kasi.but i tell ya,dark forces 3 sounds real good.i think they should put where kyle gets mara in dark forces 3.that would be neat.

------------------
http://collectibles-unlimited.com/images/sw-lukedarth.jpg) old ben kenobi:everyones favorite jedi.
 The Force
05-26-2000, 9:00 AM
I think DF3 should start with a choice.
In both you play as Kyle, but you get to choose wether you play on the light side or the darkside. That would be cool.
Or before you start the game, you could be able to customize your weapons
 The Force
05-26-2000, 1:46 PM
 Kurgan
05-26-2000, 5:31 PM
obi-wan13, you "used to work for Lucasarts"?

What was your division?!

Kurgan
Page: 1 of 2