Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How to convert JK maps to MotS?

Page: 1 of 1
 The_Gamesta
02-16-2000, 1:18 AM
How to convert JK maps to MotS? I haved tryed with Conman and it crashed (I dont know that much about doing this), what can I do to do convert them?
 BeastMaster
02-17-2000, 5:01 PM
Try using a level editor like JED to change the files from Jedi to MotS, and don't forget to add the appropriate textures.

I don't edit levels though, so don't hold me to this.

------------------
"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb
 Darth Kurgan
02-17-2000, 6:08 PM
It's really fairly simple, but easiest to do if you are making the level for both games simultaneously. Test and restest to be sure it works. There is no real "conversion utility" and simply saving the Gob file as a Goo will not automatically convert everything. It takes some time, more or less depending on the level.

MOTS contains many textures that are different from those in JK, and MOTS textures should not appear in JK levels as a rule. However, the rest can easily be converted in any JK editor (JKEdit, JED). Also weapons are different and are balanced differently. The personalities have different abilities, so you have to keep this in mind when converting levels. Many JK levels will not make good MOTS levels without some reworking and adjustment. Changes should also be made to take advantage of the advanced engine features like colored lighting.

If you are asking simply about making some JK levels for MOTS, keep in mind that all of the MP levels that came with JK (the 6 deathmatch and 3 CTF) have been converted to MOTS already.

See Hedge's "MOTS CTF" (a very good conversion) http://www.jediknight.net/ctf/) and MERC_Tiberius's "JK2MOTS (the best one I've seen yet)." www.jediknight.net/kicker/) (http://www.jediknight.net/kicker/) .

Kurgan
 shootingskier
10-01-2005, 10:42 PM
It's far easier to go from JK to MOTS than from MOTS to JK.
Colored lighting wrecks havoc on it.
*edit*
Right, I didnt read the date on the post. I appear to have done the single longest float in history.
Sorry, I was just looking through the forums to see what I have been missing and this caught my former modder/levelmaker's eye.
Please do not ban me.
 Kurgan
10-04-2005, 11:43 PM
No problem. That link to the CTF Group site really brings back memories ...and some painful ones, like how why signed on with eFront, unknowing of their immenent collapse due to scandal and mismanagement. ;P

A great resource though! So no harm, no foul. ;)

We don't ban people for thread revivals, and it's not a bad thing if you're doing it for a good cause or adding something to it. That's why we encourage people to use the search function and actually save the archives! Can you believe that at one time we actually pruned all threads every few weeks?
Page: 1 of 1