Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I need saber help

Page: 1 of 1
 The_Gamesta
02-14-2000, 6:05 PM
Ok I made a saber and it works well it is setup for MP so I can pick it if I want..But I want to make it so all the ppl in the game can see it, how can I do this? (ANY HELP AT ALL) I know that it can I have seen some ppl with diff sabers and I'm not talking about BFP2.
 solo_anakin
02-14-2000, 6:28 PM
If you used mats from the game they should see it, if not they won't. (They might have to have the file too, if not completely sure.)
 LDB_Leeman
02-14-2000, 7:11 PM
You'll need to make sure that the other players have the .mat file on their machine, otherwise they'll see your saber as a gray block with yellow stripes in it.
You'd either need to specify a download site for the .mat file, or incorparate it into a patch, meaning all players would have to have it active, guaranteeing that they will see it. (Use a program such as ConMan to make patches, incase you didn't know http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/biggrin.gif)
 Darth Kurgan
02-14-2000, 11:12 PM
This is true.. however if you use mat textures that come from Res2.gob (ie: from JK) then others will see it no matter what is in their /mat directory. ; )

For example, use a power boost texture (boost2.mat) and others will see it, because this is in everyone's Res2.gob.

Kurgan
 LDB_Leeman
02-15-2000, 5:13 PM
Oooh, beat me to it there, Kurgan http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/smile.gif)
 The_Gamesta
02-15-2000, 10:18 PM
Thanks for all your help, Is there a site were I can get more info about this?
 MadPoster
07-18-2001, 7:41 PM
Try an editing board for more info. :rolleyes:
 Boba Rhett
07-18-2001, 7:52 PM
Please don't resurrect any more of these old ones, ok?
 oninosensi
07-19-2001, 3:49 PM
Just leave them among the dead. It is really not that funny.
Page: 1 of 1