Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Which Console (game) System do you want the MOST and WHY?

Page: 1 of 1
 Link Antilles
08-31-2001, 3:42 PM
GAMECUBE,

1.Rogue Squadron II
2. I love NINTENDO!

:p
 Darth_Rommel
08-31-2001, 3:48 PM
Consoles are expensive, and I have a PC (and a broken arm ;))
 Lord JayVizIon
08-31-2001, 4:09 PM
i'm good with my PS2. SSX, madden, nba street jam, and GT3 spec-a are good enough for me....
 Young David
08-31-2001, 4:11 PM
Rogue Leader ... Zelda ...

Gamecube all the way
 Tie Guy
08-31-2001, 5:01 PM
Great games, graphics, and a DVD player to boot. PS2 rocks!
 Kvan
08-31-2001, 5:05 PM
Well since I already have a PS2 the next "console" I'd want would be GBA. :)
 Sherack Nhar
08-31-2001, 5:55 PM
Anyone who does not have a Dreamcast MUST go buy one right now. First, they are insanely low now, with the retail price being of only 80$ USD! Second, the system has so many excellent games for every genre, it's unbelievable.

As gamers, it is our DUTY to go pick one up.

So, can we vote for systems that we already own, or only those that we plan on buying?
 Kvan
08-31-2001, 5:59 PM
Well it says what system do you WANT the most, so I took it as ones that you don't have yet :)
BTW The Dreamcast does kick butt! Great games! Too bad it went the way of the dodo :(
 Link Antilles
08-31-2001, 6:45 PM
Nintendo is ONE of my favorite Companies.
(Lucas Arts is the other.;) )
 Sherack Nhar
08-31-2001, 7:19 PM
I voted Gamecube then, for the sole reason that it is the new home of Sonic Team. I just CAN'T get enough of SEGA. Dreamcast will live on forever, and I hope that it will be remembered as one of the greatest consoles of all time, along with the NES, Genesis/Megadrive, SNES, and Playstation.

I'd love to see the Xbox compete against GC, because they have potential, but so many people hate Microsoft that I think it's unlikely. But possible.
 Link Antilles
08-31-2001, 10:17 PM
GAMECUBE Forever!

(...or till the next Nintendo unit comes out!):)
 Captain Fett
08-31-2001, 11:39 PM
Nintendo Rules! How could you say anything but GameCube? I mean think about it -- Zelda, Star Wars: Rogue Leader, Super Smash Bros.: Melee, Metroid, ......... etc. And the list goes on. My point is: GET A GAMECUBE! or I will personally hunt you down! Just check out my sig. ;)
 Gamma732
08-31-2001, 11:57 PM
I voted GameCube. Dreamcast has almost no future for all intents and purposes, I never got into portable systems(GBA), I already have a PS2, and the X-box.....well, we all know about that . So, GameCube wins my vote by default.
 Lord JayVizIon
09-01-2001, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Tie Guy
Great games, graphics, and a DVD player to boot. PS2 rocks!

tie, i wouldn't recommend using the dvd player. in japan, over 75000 cases were reported of "dead" or "burnt out" drives. around 98 percent of the system's processor focuses on bringing you that gaming experience, obviously with the rest of the resources devoted to dvd. it's just advice for you.

the PS3 will try to rectify that problem, i read somewhere...
 Lord JayVizIon
09-01-2001, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Gamma732
I voted GameCube. Dreamcast has almost no future for all intents and purposes, I never got into portable systems(GBA), I already have a PS2, and the X-box.....well, we all know about that . So, GameCube wins my vote by default.

dreamcast games rock, and lucky for us we get them for free...:cool:
 Gamma732
09-01-2001, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon

tie, i wouldn't recommend using the dvd player. in japan, over 75000 cases were reported of "dead" or "burnt out" drives. around 98 percent of the system's processor focuses on bringing you that gaming experience, obviously with the rest of the resources devoted to dvd. it's just advice for you.

DVD problems? Hm. I've been using my PS2's DVD for about 7 months, and it works fine...so far.

And sure, DC games are good now, but thats not going to last very long. I'd rather have a system with a bit more longevity.
 Lord JayVizIon
09-01-2001, 12:23 PM
that's good for you, but it won't be the same for everyone. i'd be surprised if it lasted for an extremely long time (it may depend on how frequently you use it). you could check out the ps2 info from the japanese perspective, but i don't remember the web address. in addition, it is a very mediocre dvd player compared to other ones. if it's the only dvd player in your house, then it'll do...
 Kvan
09-01-2001, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon

Japan also had a totally different DVD model then us Americans :D
I use mine on a regular basis and I have no problems :)
 Tie Guy
09-01-2001, 1:18 PM
Originally posted by Kvan

Japan also had a totally different DVD model then us Americans :D
I use mine on a regular basis and I have no problems :)

Same with me. Ya know, it would be a major problem if the DVD players didn't work, coz the games runn off DVD discs, thats why the games can be so awesome on only one disc. Did you know that they are gonna fit all of FFX on one disc, whereas FF9 took four. I read somewhere that they DVD discs can hold 8 times as much as the original psx discs.

Anyways, both work perfectly fine for me, maybe that was only a problem with the very first ones they sold. I bought mine in january, not when they first came out. I haven't heard of any such complaints in America either.
 darthfergie
09-01-2001, 1:41 PM
Also the DVD model of the GameCube is going to Stink so bad!!!! It is $400+!!!!!!!!:eek:
I'm not paying $200 exra to get DVD!!!!
 Link Antilles
09-01-2001, 10:43 PM
All I need is the GameCube system not the DVD player!

( also I'm very cheap. :D )

-HEY, I'm low on cash!
 Paladin
09-01-2001, 11:09 PM
PS2 rocks.Twisted Metal Black is awesome and soon tennis masters series is coming out that will be a lot better than Virtua Tennis!;)
 Link Antilles
09-01-2001, 11:14 PM
I like GT3 and AC2.
 Burge
09-02-2001, 12:34 AM
I still want a GameCube for all it's Nintendo-y goodness, but X-Box is starting to garner my interest.
 darthfergie
09-02-2001, 12:43 AM
Welcome Burge, to this humble forum...I think it is humble anyway...
 Link Antilles
09-02-2001, 11:28 PM
Is Star Fighter any good for Ps2?
 Tie Guy
09-03-2001, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Link Antilles
Is Star Fighter any good for Ps2?

Yes!!!!!!!! Go it it right now!!!!!!!!

What are you waiting for?!? Go!
 Link Antilles
09-03-2001, 11:22 AM
Ok I'll go rent It!

I'm borrowing my friend's Ps2 :p
 Captain Fett
09-03-2001, 11:50 AM
GAMECUBE, GAMECUBE, GAMECUBE! Think about it... Zelda, Smash bros., and rogue leader! Oh the video gaming goodness. Nintendo rocks by the way!
:D :cool: :D :cool: :D :cool:
 Captain Fett
09-03-2001, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Link Antilles
Ok I'll go rent It!

I'm borrowing my friend's Ps2 :p

You need to invite me over when you rent it!!
(even though, i don't really like psx, ps1, ps2, or sony in general)
 Captain Fett
09-03-2001, 11:55 AM
You know what would be an awesome video game-- a game where you follow the path of a bounty hunter! You could choose at the beginning to play the game as Bossk, 4LOM, Zuccus, Dengar, IG-88, that wookie bounty hunter, or of course.... the great Boba Fett. You could earn weapons for you and your ship and then play multiplayer with your character! Also once you beat the game with one char. you could go back and play as another and earn them for multiplayer games! Oh, that would be awesome, if even just for the reason that I could pilot the Slave I with all its cool little toys! :fett: :bossk: :D :cool:
 JEDI_MASTA
09-03-2001, 3:08 PM
i voted gamecube simply because of rouge leader smash bros and zelda by the way did i say i could kill anybody in smash bros:D
Page: 1 of 1