Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Favorite Force Power?

Page: 1 of 1
 Alloran Centauri
09-02-2000, 1:14 PM
Mine would be (without question) the Force Chain Lightning from JK.

What's yours?
 Pedro The Hutt
09-02-2000, 8:04 PM
Force Heal & Persuasion (the "You don't need to see my identification-style")

------------------
No!
I am your father.
 LDB_Leeman
09-02-2000, 9:09 PM
Without a doubt, Force Jump and Sight.

------------------
www.thereckoning.co.uk) (http://www.thereckoning.co.uk) - My Personal Starcruiser.
 Alloran Centauri
09-02-2000, 9:50 PM
Yeah, Force Jump is cool...but I have made a (bad) habit out of keeping my fly mode on...so I don't use it unless I want to smash my head against the ceiling... http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/wink.gif)

------------------
Alloran Centauri

~It is not age but ability that marks a turning point.~
 Tycho_Celchu
09-03-2000, 12:36 AM
Force Absorb all the way.
 Alloran Centauri
09-03-2000, 11:42 AM
Force Absorb, eh? Cool...I never really learned how that worked. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/redface.gif)

How does it work?

------------------
Alloran Centauri

BeastMaster
09-04-2000, 1:33 PM
Quite well, actually.

Mine is what JK calls Force Persuasion, but what I call Limited Invisibility.

From non-JK sources, Corran Horn's Illusion power would be cool. You can even use Invisibility and Illusion in tandem to get cool effects (turning into an animal, shape-changing, doppelgangers).

------------------
"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb
 Alloran Centauri
09-04-2000, 2:32 PM
Ahhhhh...

Anyone else have favorites?

------------------
Alloran Centauri

Alloran Centauri
09-05-2000, 2:12 PM
Now, now, surely that is not the total group that has one of the two games (or both).

I'm still waiting...

------------------
Alloran Centauri

Markenobi
09-05-2000, 7:14 PM
Well, Force Healing has saved my neck more than a few times, and it's probably my most-used Force power (not counting the "basics" like Jump and Pull.)

------------------
"Bring 'em on! I prefer a straight fight to all this jumpin' around."
Feel free to visit my Fan Site:
Mark-enobi's Site (http://fan.starwars.com/MarkenobisSite/HomeScreen.html)
 LDB_Leeman
09-05-2000, 9:08 PM
By the way, Chain Lightning was from MotS, not JK. JK only had Lightning.

------------------
www.thereckoning.co.uk) (http://www.thereckoning.co.uk) - My Personal Starcruiser.
 Garindan
09-07-2000, 2:05 PM
I like in jedi knight, i like the:

Neutral: Grab, i like to make the enemy have no weapons

Light Side: i like the healing, i too use it the most.

Dark Side: well, grip of course, i don't understand why that's a dark side power, and yet, luke skywalker used it on the gammorrean guards in jabbas palace in return of the jedi and he was a good jedi!!!
 Pedro The Hutt
09-08-2000, 8:53 PM
I think it was Force Push(that's one of my favorites in MOTS, I always use that on my Sis when she's near a cliff, She wonders for the first 10 seconds why she fell all of a sudden, and then the swearing comes...)

------------------
No!
I am your father.

[This message has been edited by Pedro The Hutt (edited September 08, 2000).]
 Kurgan
10-14-2000, 7:55 AM
I guess I can't really narrow it down to just one (they are all pretty cool in their own ways, though Defense is sorta boring, heh). Basically the neutral forces were the coolest, because they were so useful.

When playing other FPS's I often find myself wishing I had access to these powers, when I need to make long jumps, escape, reach a powerup, keep tabs on my opponent, etc. ; )

Absorb is a great power too, because it gives you back mana while countering certain dark force powers.

Kurgan
 oninosensi
10-15-2000, 2:24 PM
In one of the Star Wars Comix, Luke crushed an AT-AT useing the force during the fighting on Corusant. That would be a cool ablity to have. "Hulk, uh I mean, Force Smash". And if you could get Force Throw to be continuos, so it looks more like the scene out of Empire when Vader is beating on Luke with the machine parts.

------------------
"You gave me an ABNORMAL BRAIN?!"
 paulbarnard
10-15-2000, 2:38 PM
Incorrect. Luke Deflects the AT-AT's shot with his lightsabre. That causes it to blow up. Dark Empire. Bad Comic series.

------------------
Paul Barnard
aka Bad Monkey
Knight Watch Shipping Corporation (http://members.tripod.com/knight_watch_2000/)
knight_watch_2000@yahoo.com
http://members.tripod.com/knight_watch_2000/kwbanner.gif)
 Kipple Master
10-15-2000, 9:12 PM
Garindan,
I think he used a mind power not grip, he just put an instruction into their simple minds to stand back.

I absolutely love Saber Throw in MOTS. Killed a lot of my friends with that one.

------------------
"It's a Minor Earth, Major Sky" (Minor Earth/Major Sky written by Paul Waaktaar-Savoy and Magne Furuholmen, performed by a-ha)
 Garindan
10-17-2000, 1:10 PM
no way, that was force grip, it says so in lucasarts website for crying out loud!!! i'll copy it into this, How does Mysteries of the Sith differ from Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II?

The primary difference between Mysteries of the Sith and Jedi Knight is that the Force powers take on a Neutral persona, meaning they are not inherently good or bad, but allow your actions with these powers to determine your alignment. We felt there were numerous examples of this in the Star Wars universe (Luke using Choke on the Gamorrean guard in Return of the Jedi). There is no Light or Dark choice, because we are dealing with a character that is being used elsewhere in the universe (Mara Jade), we couldn't have her turning to the Dark Side and still fit into the storyline. Additionally, it didn't work in the context of the story we were trying to tell. There is no FMV (Full Motion Video), due to budget and time constraints, we couldn't produce FMV for the game. We felt that it provided a smoother, more immersive game environment, when we produced the cut-scenes with the characters that people saw throughout the game play. It removed some of the akwardness of switching from FMV to 3D and back.

There you have it.
 oninosensi
10-18-2000, 2:14 AM
Yes, Luke did deflect the AT-AT shots back tword it, but it didn't blow up. He crushed it. I can quote from the comic if ya want.

I guess this power could be called Force Smoosh.

Personally, I liked the Dark Empire comix.

------------------
 Slacker Type
10-20-2000, 5:33 AM
I like Force Throw the best, just because it looks cool.
 Garindan
10-20-2000, 6:32 PM
luke uses jump too, in empire strikes back, he uses throw, well sortof on c-3po(but i'd call that lift). What's everybody's favorite lightsaber battles? I like the desert one with maul and qui-gon and i like the Empire Strikes Back one, the one where luke gets his hand chopped and vader needs alieve for shoulder pain.
 paulbarnard
10-21-2000, 4:33 AM
For pure speed and intensity, I like Obi-wan/Maul after Qui-gon is killed.

Over all, I like the ROTJ book description of the Vader/Luke/Emperor Conflict. Whose dark/whose light.

------------------
Paul Barnard
aka Bad Monkey
Knight Watch Shipping Corporation (http://members.tripod.com/knight_watch_2000/)
knight_watch_2000@yahoo.com
http://members.tripod.com/knight_watch_2000/kwbanner.gif)
 Sailor Meike
10-21-2000, 6:12 PM
My favorite Force Power is Force Lightning.
And i like Force jump too.
And BTW, I liked the lightsaber fight at the end of TPM, for as long as Qui-Gon Jinn is alive.

------------------
I'm the protector of Justice and anime,
I'm Sailor Meike!!!
 oninosensi
10-22-2000, 1:50 AM
Darth Maul has got THE most awesome moves of any jedi out there. The final fight sequence in E1:TPM was one of the best I have seen in any sword fighting flick, not just in SW. After seeing the movie, I can belive where I read at the web site that they wrecked more than 200 prop lightsabers.

------------------
 Kylilin
10-24-2000, 6:51 PM
There is a secret force power in Jk, its called force pee-in-your-pants, its my personal fav.

------------------
Kylilin, Jedi Master and silly guy

Nice http://www.geocities.com/kylilin/kulilin3.gif)
 Kipple Master
10-24-2000, 10:08 PM
What is this force power you speak of? Gimme!!!
 oninosensi
10-25-2000, 2:25 AM
Must have learned that one from DBZ.

------------------
 Sailor Meike
10-25-2000, 5:28 PM
That's not nice, anyone who insults DBZ insults me twice!!!! Sorry I can't help it, DBZ is my life.

------------------
I'm the protector of Justice and anime,
I'm Sailor Meike!!!
 oninosensi
10-26-2000, 1:36 AM
Uh, how? why? Aren't there better things to do? My post wasn't ment to be insulting.

Ah, well... :P

I still like Force Smoosh.

------------------
 Garindan
10-26-2000, 3:02 PM
oh please, someone actually likes dragon ball z? must be from another planet. I bet you have all their cards though.

------------------
Rage is my ally.
 Vegeta910
10-29-2000, 1:55 AM
my favorite force powers are force jump, force healing, force distriction, force pull,Force grip,and Force Saber Throw From MOTS

------------------
Vegeta
 Vegeta910
10-29-2000, 1:06 AM
my favorite force powers are force jump, force healing, force distriction, force pull,Force grip,and Force Saber Throw From MOTS

------------------
Vegeta
 Pedro The Hutt
10-29-2000, 4:23 PM
Well, Garindan, she doesn't, because those cards aren't available over here in Belgium.(thank heavens for that, the house is allready full with DBZ posters).
And Oninosensi, sorry about my sisters behaviour, she's allways like that when it's about DBZ.

------------------
No!
I am your father.
 Kurgan
10-29-2000, 11:10 PM
And if you could get Force Throw to be continuos, so it looks more like the scene out of Empire when Vader is beating on Luke with the machine parts.

Actually you can already do this in JK (not in MotS because Force Throw is commented out in the dat files).

It's the same way you do "sith/super grip."

Don't use a hotkey for the power, but instead assign four stars (not sure if it works with less) to Force Throw, and then target them with the "Use Force Power" key, with some debris on the screen.

WORD OF WARNING: Don't get so close that the debris have a chance to hit YOU, because they will inflict heavy damage as they are flying around if you're too close, possibly killing you if you do it too long.

Now once you have them in your sights, rapidly tap the "Use Force Power" key for Throw, and the icon will stick up on the screen. Your mana will also be rapidly depleted. The person being targetted, and anybody too close to him/her will be demolished by the flying debris, which will fly super fast compared to normal.

By the time they're dead you should be out or nearly out of mana (unless you swiped the Dark Surge beforehand). The only defense against it is to quickly get out of sight, and I mean QUICK.

Of course Force Throw doesn't actually get you kills, it registers as self kills on the victim, since they are being killed by the game environment.

Kurgan
 oninosensi
10-30-2000, 2:24 AM
No prob Pedro, she needs to learn to chill, tho. She really needs to learn that if your obseesed with something as silly as DBZ, your gonna catch some flack over it.

Thanks for the advice, kurgan... hehe

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

------------------
 Pedro The Hutt
10-30-2000, 7:55 PM
Ah, don't worry, she already gets "flack", because she runs around the house screaming "I'm Goku!!!", it gets on the nerves of my parents. And when my mom was reading this topic(she was looking over my shoulder), she said the Meike is not allowed to post on the forum for a week.(just to let you guys know that you won't be hearing much of her this week)

------------------
No!
I am your father.
 oninosensi
11-01-2000, 1:37 AM
I already like your mom. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/smile.gif)

------------------
 Pedro The Hutt
11-01-2000, 7:43 PM
Why, because she knows what's going on, on the forum (she likes to know what her children do, that's handy because that way she understands what I'm talking about when I talk to her about a certain movie or game).
Or is it because she punished Meike?
But overall she is a very nice woman.
Altough she keeps beating us at Tetris.
 oninosensi
11-02-2000, 1:23 AM
Um, all of the above? :P

Hey, your mom cares, there just aint enough of that these days. Relish it.

She beats you at TETRIS? lol

------------------
 Pedro The Hutt
11-02-2000, 7:23 PM
I know, she actually quitted her job when I was born(I'm the oldest), so she could stay at home and raise us.
But allright, enough said about my mom, back to those force powers.

------------------
No!
I am your father.
 Garindan
11-02-2000, 8:39 PM
the best force power is the push one, and i also like force throw. The best weapon is the hands and the lightsaber.
Page: 1 of 1