Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

.glm > .xsi

Page: 1 of 1
 Quite Jedi
05-29-2002, 7:54 PM
How do you export an .glm model from "assets0.pk3" into a .xsi file? I noticed modelers around here dont help, but gloat about what they have made and would appreciate some help as I have come this far by myself. I made my self a Guad head for fun within the hour so Im happy at the moment. Can crossroads do it?
 Garik Loran
05-29-2002, 9:42 PM
I have nearly the same problem. I have Milkshape, but I had to accept that Milkshape is not the best tool to make JK2 models. I am experiencing many problems getting the skeleton back on the model, the textures and I animations. I've read Spacemonkey's model tutorial, but that's for 3DSMax, and I don't have this. So if someone can give me a detailed description how to get models that were loaded into milkshape and edited there back to .glm format and working I would be very happy.
Or maybe someone has 3DSMax and wants to do this. I would sent him/her the model and textures and you would have to put the skeleton on it and make a glm out of it.
I need advice, I want to finish Dooku, but I don't have the knowledge and tools.
I want to learn, because it would be sad when the Count Dooku model would stop as it is, because it looks promising, I think.
I've asked before, and I know most of you have your own projects, but someone should be able to help, please.
 Quite Jedi
05-30-2002, 4:51 PM
This is gonna get bumbed till I get some help! Why does no-body ever help in this forum?
 DarthCobra
05-30-2002, 6:33 PM
Originally posted by Quite Jedi
How do you export an .glm model from "assets0.pk3" into a .xsi file? I noticed modelers around here dont help, but gloat about what they have made and would appreciate some help as I have come this far by myself. I made my self a Guad head for fun within the hour so Im happy at the moment. Can crossroads do it?

Well insult all the modelers then expect help.... Strange tactics.

Anywho. There is a glm importer for milkshape, and ive personally mentioned and bumped thread containing this information several times. What you need to do is import a glm (or several if your planing on swaping game model parts). Then export a md3 from milkshape. You can then load your md3 into max and fix all your tags, adjust body parts, edit mesh, and add bone weights. Then u can export an xsi from max and compile with assimilate.

And next time i suggest your scour the forums a little more before comming in here sayin no1 helps anyone. This forum is full of answers to almost every question.
 Garik Loran
05-30-2002, 6:44 PM
Yep, that's right, I met a lot of people who are willing to help.
But now back to the more important things. I can't find a MD3 importer for 3DSMax, just an exporter.
Could you post a link where to find one please?

And the second thing is this: I managed to get my model into 3DSmax and edited it the way I like, now I have to get the skeleton back on it and the animation.
What exactly do I have to do?
A step by step detailed explenation for "and add bone weights. Then u can export an xsi from max and compile with assimilate" would really help me.
This would be nice. Thanx for your help, everyone!
 striderx2048
05-30-2002, 6:50 PM
hard to find old threads when you can't search
 J_Binklestein
05-30-2002, 7:33 PM
"I noticed modelers around here dont help, but gloat about what they have made"

Yea.. what they've made, that means they didn't need to import an already made .glm model to try to modify and call it their own. There's no real reason you'd need to go from .glm -> .xsi.
 DarthCobra
05-30-2002, 7:42 PM
It's not hard to find threads. Just easier with the search.

http://jedidreams.codealliance.ca/)

Quote from site:

New in this Update:
-Changed the name of the importer in Milkshape's menu to "Ghoul2 .glm"
-Now imports Texture Coordinate UV info

You can download it in the Jedi Outcast Programs Section

http://www.btinternet.com/~cjcookson/gmax/)

Quake3 MD3 Importer Public Beta Loads animations, tags, skin files and more. (Max 4.2 compatible)

Now that thats outta the way.
I would really love a step by step tutorial for weighting the bones. Or maybe one of these guys that actually got a model in game and working properly would be so nice as to post their max file. If ppl wanna import the models and use them to creat new ones i think thats fine. As long as they mention where the parts came from or something like that. Anywho.. im gonna go play with this new glm importer, see if the uv imports really work
 Garik Loran
05-30-2002, 8:08 PM
Thank you.
 Klorel
05-30-2002, 9:22 PM
maaaaaaaaan. that would have been a useful plugin before i started. :rolleyes: guess it will have to wait for my next model.... oh well. thanks for the link by the way :D
 DarthCobra
05-30-2002, 10:05 PM
Well i just tested the new glm importer for milkshape. I was able to convert the r2d2 glm model to md3, added it to a map as a misc_model and it was viewable in radient and in game fully skinned. So now we should be able to import some of the player models into games as map objects.
 Quite Jedi
05-30-2002, 10:26 PM
:-) Happy man!
 ALIEN_JL
05-31-2002, 7:15 AM
Ok i have Milkshape and this new plugin can
import GLM and it also includes textures...

And milkshape can then export to 3ds or what
ever which i can then load in MAX 3 which i
also have

And then i can use XSI exporter to create that
root.xsi and... STOOOP!!!

Whats missing ???

>> SCELETON << i can't create that root.xsi
before i have bound my model to that
sceleton but where can i get that
sceleton ???

I could get it from those exiting root.xsi
files IF I HAVE XSI >IMPORTER<

But i doen't have it !! :mad:

Where can i get working XSI importer for MAX 3 ????
 DarthCobra
05-31-2002, 7:19 AM
Milkshape should import the xsi.
Page: 1 of 1