Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hi, I'm new

Page: 1 of 1
 Saesee Tom
06-06-2000, 4:40 PM
Just like to say I'm new, My name is
Tom Saville, 14, in the UK and liking it. Thanks to "Dave Maul" for telling me this exists and to you nice people for lettin'
me in.
 Zanzibar
06-06-2000, 4:52 PM
Hi Tom! Are you playing TPM right now? What do you think of it?
 Saesee Tom
06-06-2000, 6:17 PM
Hi Zanzibar, TPM is brilliant! I think that ApeTM should bring out Episodes 4, 5 and 6 in the overhead TPM style. What do you think?

[This message has been edited by Saesee Tom (edited June 06, 2000).]
 Zanzibar
06-06-2000, 7:44 PM
I for one would love to...but LEC has other ideas http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/wink.gif)

I'm the next-best-thing to obsessed over TPM, but I'm sure you've noticed that. I'd give anything to do a sequel to TPM with better graphics etc, but methinks LEC has decided to move on.
 Dave Maul
06-06-2000, 7:49 PM
If LucasArts make a sequel to TPM (Same style and everything), the most logical thing to do would be to make a game based on the new book Rogue Planet. I haven't read it yet, so I don't actually know if it's any good, but it would be interesting to see the results.
 Master Qui-Gon
06-06-2000, 8:09 PM
I'd give anything to do a sequel to TPM with better graphics etc, but methinks LEC has decided to move on.

<font face="BernardMod BT"><font color="green1">Of course. As long as the L is attached to the EC, the fans aren't allowed to get what they want.

Oh, and I've read Rogue Planet. It's one of the very few Star Wars books I have read (mostly because Greg Bear is a reputable writer in the science fiction world). I don't think it would make much of a game though. The book itself was reasonably good, but it was mostly internal or conversational dialogue.

------------------
http://fan.starwars.com/Fishsticks/files/Jedi3.jpg)
Master Qui-Gon, Jedi Master
Always remember, your focus determines your reality.
 Darth_Chaos
06-06-2000, 11:10 PM
Hey zanzibar you know what would make the game better?? If you released you patches you have!!!! please give em to us.

------------------
Dark Lord of the Sith Order Sith Apprentice. http://starwars.hasbro.com/voting_chamber/teemto_a.jpg)

At last we shall reveal our selves to the Jedi at last we shall have our revenge.
 Darth_Simpson
06-07-2000, 4:40 AM
Welcome Saesee Tom!!

And don`t bother Zanzibar with those patches again. He ain`t gonna release them http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/frown.gif)
 Saesee Tom
06-07-2000, 1:58 PM
I don't want any patches!
Well, I do... but I didn't ask!
 Master Qui-Gon
06-07-2000, 2:40 PM
<font face="BernardMod BT"><font color="green1">Patches? We don't need no stinkin' patches!
 Saesee Tom
06-07-2000, 4:33 PM
Yeah, we don't need none!
 Darth_Chaos
06-07-2000, 11:09 PM
Come on Zanzibar please. It would make me very happy if you could e-mail them to me at kkaos_eoj@hotmail.com please also instruction on how to install em. if you don't want to do that just tell me how to make em. thanks you local sith lord.
 Saesee Tom
06-08-2000, 5:37 AM
On second thought, intertom@aol.com is my E-Mail.
 Master Qui-Gon
06-08-2000, 1:42 PM
<font face="BernardMod BT"><font color="green1">I think he did tell us how to do it somehwere on this board (at least someone did) and you can't really do it without a lot of software that none of us have. The reason Zanzibar's not giving the patches out is because he's not allowed to. Big Ape/LEC probably wouldn't give a #$%@ if one of us did, as long as it was only on a limited scale, but Zanzibar works for them. It's just not something worth risking your job over. He's already said he'd give them to us if he was allowed to.

------------------
http://fan.starwars.com/Fishsticks/files/Jedi3.jpg)
Master Qui-Gon, Jedi Master
Always remember, your focus determines your reality.

[This message has been edited by Master Qui-Gon (edited June 08, 2000).]
 Saesee Tom
06-08-2000, 4:25 PM
Thanks anyway, Zanzibar.
 Zanzibar
06-08-2000, 5:50 PM
I'll run it one more time past LEC to see if they want to release them. I think the problem is mainly the fact that the end-user agreement says something like "I will not modify the game in any way." Adding these files technically would modify the game, so it's a legal thing. Who knows.

Right now, the only goofball thing I have is a Mace Windu model that you can replace Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan with. It's not even that great; I only slapped him together in an afternoon.

There's a possibility that I can put together a Darth Maul playable character as well...but that would take a fair amount of time. I'm not even sure that his double-bladed sabre will translate well.

Regardless, I will check once more with LEC to see what the holdup would be. I've been pestering them about the TPM chat; now I'll add the model files to my requests http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/wink.gif)

I DO NOT, repeat I DO NOT hold much hope that LEC will want to deal with it.
 ForceJediKnight
06-08-2000, 9:28 PM
So Zanzibar, are trainers illegal?

------------------
You think you're some kind of Jedi?
 Zanzibar
06-08-2000, 9:32 PM
Good point - technically, yes, trainers are illegal. But trainers don't give access to licensed properties, like the Maul and Mace patches would, so LEC probably doesn't care about the trainers.
 Darth_Chaos
06-09-2000, 1:21 AM
hey thanks zanzibar I'm happy that you're doing what you can to give em to us but IF they do allow you to how do we install them???
 Darth_Simpson
06-09-2000, 4:04 AM
BTW Zanzibar, who will be coming to this chat?
 Zanzibar
06-09-2000, 4:16 PM
The chat? I dunno. I'll be there, perhaps one or two other Big Apers, and hopefully either our producer from LEC or someone from marketing down there.

The .BAF model files don't need to be installed. If you copy them into your root TPM directory, then rename them, the code automatically loads the root .BAF instead of the one in the Big.lab file. It's an old testing legacy thing that survived the final burn.
 Saesee Tom
06-09-2000, 4:44 PM
So, you can give them to us can you Zanzibar?Mace is fully completed is he?
Page: 1 of 1