Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Development

Page: 1 of 1
 Jedi Tarma-Mavi
08-30-2001, 11:07 AM
Hi, I'm from Spain and I'd like to know when the game willbe developed in Europe. Please, answer me. Thanx
 Sherack Nhar
08-30-2001, 12:21 PM
Wrong forum...

Krachtige onderwerp verplaatsing!!

And GB will probably be released in Europe one month or two after the North American release.
 Paladin
08-30-2001, 12:41 PM
Damn that sucks 4 europe. If i lived in europe and spoke english i'd get it from overseas.:)
 Sherack Nhar
08-30-2001, 5:04 PM
That's what most Europeans do, I think.

I think Activision is handling the publishing in Europe. I wonder if they are releasing their titles fast there.
 Paragon_Leon
08-30-2001, 6:31 PM
sherack, my boy.... you spoke my native tongue !!! and it was a flawless translation of 'force move topic !'...

i'm figuring out ways to get the game before i'm forced to wait an agonizing 6 weeks or so.. that would be murder.
i'll probably pre-order it from amazon or something, just to get it soon..
 Sherack Nhar
08-31-2001, 6:03 PM
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon
sherack, my boy.... you spoke my native tongue !!! and it was a flawless translation of 'force move topic !'... I know! I thought you and Young David would like it :D
And thanks Young David for the translation!

Okay so I've done it USA style, Netherlands style, and France style... Next is... Portugese! Anyone knows how The Force is translated in portugese?
 Kvan
08-31-2001, 6:09 PM
Originally posted by Sherack Nhar
I know! I thought you and Young David would like it :D
And thanks Young David for the translation!

Okay so I've done it USA style, Netherlands style, and France style... Next is... Portugese! Anyone knows how The Force is translated in portugese?
*ahem* Force topic move! Drat! Didn't work! Your straying from the topic Sherack ;)
So I think they should realise the game at the sametime everywhere
 Tie Guy
08-31-2001, 7:53 PM
Ok here's the latin

"vires moveo argumentum"

thats rather rough. latin has so many words that can mean 20 different things each.
 xwing guy
08-31-2001, 9:40 PM
Anybody know how to say it in Texan besides me.:D
 Lord JayVizIon
09-01-2001, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Paragon_Leon
sherack, my boy.... you spoke my native tongue !!! and it was a flawless translation of 'force move topic !'...

i'm figuring out ways to get the game before i'm forced to wait an agonizing 6 weeks or so.. that would be murder.
i'll probably pre-order it from amazon or something, just to get it soon..

isn't amazon going out of business soon? also, isn't the overseas tax murder?
 darthfergie
09-01-2001, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Lord JayVizIon

isn't amazon going out of business soon? also, isn't the overseas tax murder?

:confused:
I doubt that very much. Tons of people use Amazon. Plus Amizon is getting loads of money from other corparations (Toys'R'Us is a good example) to be put on their website. This site is one of the few RICH websites so I don't know why they would shut it down unless they are ready to retire:D
 Lord JayVizIon
09-01-2001, 12:57 PM
well that's good to know. i know a lot of dot com's are going out, and i've been hearing rumors of buy.com as the next one...
 darthfergie
09-01-2001, 1:12 PM
I wouldn't be suprised on that last one...because I don't think I have really heard much about it...Like you said though...those are just rumors.:)
 Admiral Odin
09-01-2001, 1:28 PM
I would be extremly upset if Amazon went out of business, then I couldn't buy my books.

Most of the dot.com companies copied from each other, that is why they failed, everyone was doing the same thing.
 Thrawn
09-01-2001, 1:28 PM
All I can say is i'm glad I live in the US. :p J/k I hope you guys can get it as soon as it comes out too. :D
 Admiral Odin
09-01-2001, 1:51 PM
Originally posted by Thrawn
All I can say is i'm glad I live in the US. :p J/k I hope you guys can get it as soon as it comes out too. :D

Same here. Now just to pre order and not have to go to a store and pic it up. :D
 Lord JayVizIon
09-01-2001, 2:02 PM
Originally posted by Admiral Odin
I would be extremly upset if Amazon went out of business, then I couldn't buy my books.

Most of the dot.com companies copied from each other, that is why they failed, everyone was doing the same thing.

i'd be pissed, too. that's where i get my books and where i got my palm pilot...:eek:
 DarthMaulUK
09-02-2001, 6:25 PM
Hey all!

Well, living in the UK...I already know how bad things are here!

Normally, games are released the same time as in the USA here now. Force Commander was released the same day here and in the US.

due to the lack of competition in the UK, prices are already high here for games....but we can pre-order GB although a release date has not been set....not even a month!

We haven't even had full installion of ASDL yet....while you guys are already on T1 & T3s!

So I hope for the best!

DMUK
 Droideka
09-03-2001, 2:41 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DarthMaulUK
Hey all!

Well, living in the UK...I already know how bad things are here!

Normally, games are released the same time as in the USA here now. Force Commander was released the same day here and in the US.

due to the lack of competition in the UK, prices are already high here for games....but we can pre-order GB although a release date has not been set....not even a month!

We haven't even had full installion of ASDL yet....while you guys are already on T1 & T3s!

So I hope for the best!

DMUK [/QUOTEi wouldnt compar force commander to GB
 Kvan
09-04-2001, 12:29 AM
Why not? They are both by LucasArts. Sure one sucked badly but people didn't know it until they bought it :)
Glad I got mine for 10 bucks, it was worth it
 Felix29
09-15-2001, 4:17 PM
Yeah!

- Both made by LC

- Both are strategy games

- Both were/are highly anticipated

- Both had/have great potential

Very comparable...
 Admiral Thrawn
09-15-2001, 4:45 PM
Yea, but FoCom had bad reviews near the start, GB doesn't :D
 Admiral Odin
09-15-2001, 10:51 PM
If I remember GB is described as Third time is the charm type of game.
 Tie Guy
09-16-2001, 1:03 PM
True, but i don't think Rebellion was a total failure, not like Focom. there is no doubt, i haven't seen any negative previews so far, and i think it will stay that way.
 xwing guy
09-16-2001, 3:21 PM
Focom wasn't a total failure, it just required a high perfomance computer to run it.
 Admiral Odin
09-16-2001, 3:30 PM
so far I like all the RTS games LA has mad.
Page: 1 of 1