Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Aniking returning to save his mother

Page: 1 of 1
 sparky_fox
05-25-2002, 10:50 AM
I really loved in EP.1 where Jake says "I will come back and (Rescue/Free) you mother" as this has two meanings, the imediate one where he is promising to return, but also a future meaning that we learn later in EP.2.

Could it be that this young force sensitive child has some premonition of the future and that he knows he will have to save her at some future point, I don't know if its just me but i'd like to think so as it makes haydens return in EP.2 seam less like a sudden one off incident and more like something that has been profesised (i cant spell) to be, that he knew it was comming and that he had no controll over it, When he enters into his "I wasn't strong enough speech" could that also be related?

I also like that the sand people have her captured and are torturing her, doesn't that have exactly the same feel to it like when han, leia and chewbacca where being tortured on bespin. It sounds to me like the sandies where persuaded, told, or made to capture and torture shmi either by dooku or palpatine, probably dooku as palpatine bein absent from coruscant would be instantly obvoise to thousands of deligates from different worlds, I imagine that palpatine would find it very difficult to travel without being noticed, therfor the use of his hench-sith-men, the tourture is not not blatantly obvious as in empire strikes back, If you think some more the fact that vader (anakin) is using this torture method to lure his son indicates that he has some experience in being lured himself so the films relate on that level aswell.

The only thing that I never understood is that in all his time away from tatooine anakin never once forght about going back and seeing her or even talking over hologram? He just goest to watto's and expects her to be there, why if he cares so much for her does he shown no interest in her at all untill she is being tortured, thats the only inconsistency that I can see which I dont have an answer for?
 ValorXII
05-25-2002, 11:28 AM
"The only thing that I never understood is that in all his time away from tatooine anakin never once forght about going back and seeing her or even talking over hologram? He just goest to watto's and expects her to be there, why if he cares so much for her does he shown no interest in her at all untill she is being tortured, thats the only inconsistency that I can see which I dont have an answer for?"

I'd say the council forbids it, or something similar. He wasn't allowed to see her when he was protecting Padme. He would have only broke the rules because of the constant Nightmares he had. Before he had no urgent reason to see her.

I think when he says he will free her in EP 1 he was being more literal.

I did like his speech about him not being powerfull enough. I think that relates to his journey to the dark side. One of the major factors of him Joining the sith is his desire to be the best, or the strongest.
 ValorXII
05-25-2002, 11:28 AM
"The only thing that I never understood is that in all his time away from tatooine anakin never once forght about going back and seeing her or even talking over hologram? He just goest to watto's and expects her to be there, why if he cares so much for her does he shown no interest in her at all untill she is being tortured, thats the only inconsistency that I can see which I dont have an answer for?"

I'd say the council forbids it, or something similar. He wasn't allowed to see her when he was protecting Padme. He would have only broke the rules because of the constant Nightmares he had. Before he had no urgent reason to see her.

I think when he says he will free her in EP 1 he was being more literal.

I did like his speech about him not being powerfull enough. I think that relates to his journey to the dark side. One of the major factors of him Joining the sith is his desire to be the best, or the strongest.
 Ferox
05-25-2002, 3:07 PM
uh not really. his mother was a slave. he wanted to come back and rescue her from being a slave. hes not yoda :P
 ValorXII
05-26-2002, 10:04 AM
Yes but no doubt he becomes more powerfull. And we could assume with his precognition abilities as well. Therefore his question is more valid than you gave it credit for.
Page: 1 of 1