Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Where is the PA standing by now?

Page: 1 of 1
 Zendjir
05-24-2002, 4:59 AM
We need to come up with a basic outline for the PA. Any ideas about social structure, goals, special rules, etc. ?

Post them here!

Info we got right now:

We already got our starting planet: Corellia
We have (sort of) agreed that we will start a town
And we will remain a neutral faction.
It's a non-profession specialized PA
 setsuko
05-24-2002, 10:25 AM
Hmm.. well, right now we are kind of open to cooperation with other PA's too, right?
 MikeC
05-24-2002, 1:41 PM
Yes - we are currently looking for allies. The first major prospect is The Massassi. It's a group very similar to The Associates but centered around the forums at www.massassi.net)
 Talain
05-24-2002, 3:11 PM
We do need a command structure for the PA, however. Probably with Gaalgoth and the leader of the Massassi as co-leaders, and with officers in each profession, like a chief of weapons design and security chief for example.
 MikeC
05-24-2002, 3:38 PM
Originally posted by Talain
We do need a command structure for the PA That's easy. Just do what I tell you and we'll all be happy. ;)
 setsuko
05-24-2002, 3:38 PM
Thats hard, given the number of professions.
 setsuko
05-24-2002, 3:50 PM
Most often a natural order evolves, where the people who put in a lot of time and hard work gets a lot to say about things. However, if we are to build a town of our own, a city council could be elected.
 Kwok69
05-24-2002, 5:31 PM
I think that u are starting too big, and maybe biting off much more than you can chew. Do you really know what is involved with the administration of running a city? Wouldn't it be more practical to concentrate on a network or guild first? The town/city thing will follow in due course but u gotta take it one step at a time.:rolleyes:
The whole city idea is a good one but what you really need to do is forge a bond first.
 setsuko
05-24-2002, 6:34 PM
Heh, sure, I know we can't build a city on day 1. Firstly, houses will propably not be that cheap, since then, the whole planets would be built on! :D.

I am thinking of having a town as a 'meeting point' at first, and then perhaps establish a small settlement on a chosen place (one or two houses, perhaps a shop or two), and then keep on working on it. A town should take some sweat and toil to build, that way, we would be extra proud of every building inside it!
 Talain
05-24-2002, 6:39 PM
Exactly. However, once we get a couple of houses and a shop, we'll need to let the members go out and get better on the individual level, so that we don't all get blown to bits by a single high-level THEIVE.
 Kyren Valinor
05-24-2002, 10:34 PM
Yeah, I think we should have divisions, like the smuggling/trading division could handle the (you guessed it) trading and smuggling ;). The security division, machinist/architecutural design etc etc. Something to start.
 Gaalgoth
05-25-2002, 3:49 PM
I agree. We should have some kind of structure, in the beginning probably leave me and MikeC (he's the leader of the Massassi) as the leaders, but as we get bigger elect a city council. That does not mean necessarily that me and Mike will remain in power, but if we are elected we could. And for starters I think that we should just meet in a certain city. We can take over a cantina or something,you know? Just basically always meet in there so it's our hang out. then when we have enough money we can start building. And EVERYONE has to pitch in here.....If we want a city it will be built alot faster if we all pitch in and build buildings together.
 Kwok69
05-25-2002, 5:26 PM
Sounds like a plan to me gaalgoth:p So, I guess the next step is to decide what we need to do first. (You already hit the nail on the head with raising funds - what form does the currency take at that point in time?)
'you Republic creditza-no-good-here-ahh' :cool:
 Jan Gaarni
05-25-2002, 7:41 PM
When the Empire rose, the Republic Credit was replaced by the Imperial Credit, but the value still stayed the same. It was accepted almost everywhere, including Hutt 'controlled' worlds.
 Kwok69
05-25-2002, 10:21 PM
Do you know where I can find out more about Planet Correlia so that I can get and idea of how to make some money ?:biggs:
 Kwok69
05-25-2002, 10:28 PM
Okay forget that last one - sorry! Goto the following link to find out all about Corellia:-

http://swg.stratics.com/content/gameplay/guides/planets/corellia.shtml)

:biggs:
 Wraith 8
05-27-2002, 4:57 AM
well i volunteer for some responsible duties for all traders, merchants and smugglers under us :D...
 Jan Gaarni
05-27-2002, 7:53 PM
And I volunteer to be Wraiths XO. :D
 setsuko
05-27-2002, 8:30 PM
*puts a slug in her oldfashioned shotgun*

And you know who takes care of troublemakers...

*ka-CHUK!*

:)
 Wraith 8
05-28-2002, 4:22 AM
Originally posted by Jan Gaarni
And I volunteer to be Wraiths XO. :D lol..... you are hired :D :D
 MikeC
05-28-2002, 12:27 PM
That does not mean necessarily that me and Mike will remain in power, but if we are elected we could.

;) I'll crush anyone that get's in my way!
 Kwok69
05-28-2002, 1:40 PM
I have decided that I probably want to be a miner, plain and simple (hehe). I would like to contribute funds to the upkeep of our PA from the profits I make in the Mining business. I have some other interests and ideas based around this theme but in the eyes of your everyday citizen, I am a miner.

I reckon I could get some help from the PA from time to time if I need it (security, droids, equipment, weapons, explosives, black market goods, other sensitive equipment) and most of the everyday things that you need to run a mining operation on Corellia

One thing for sure though, I dont wanna set up a mine too close to civilisation so I will definately need security. If I have to operate under the gaze of the imperials I dont wanna be bothered every day with troops n things, (the less inspections the better).

I'll also need a fast ship with a high cargo capacity and a skilled pilot but that will come to light nearer the time.

So its turning out that I may be in the position to employ several of you, my associates. I will definately need, miners (maybe NPCs for that), engineers, droidmakers, security, pilot and crew and salesmen!! If you let me, I can really make a go out of funding the start of our city (and any other projects that we may wish to undertake).

Can I count on your support ppl? :D
 setsuko
05-28-2002, 2:09 PM
Well, the devs hinted that miners would need armed backup for protection, since the best mining places will be filled with MOBs. And without the materials, noone can produce anything. And that means that I don't get new equipment when my old blaster gets worn out. So I guess the circle is completed there, when I stand guard while you mine. Count me in! :)
 Wraith 8
05-28-2002, 2:25 PM
first thing im gonna buy is a speeder or a cargo hauler for land... so count me in for the transportation of your mined things :D
 arguile
05-28-2002, 2:31 PM
yeah...im plannin on designing the weapons...but im not especially sure what the "good" materials are in the star wars world. so were gonna have to find out exactly what materials we need you to mine first...
 Kwok69
05-28-2002, 2:44 PM
Originally posted by arguile
yeah...im plannin on designing the weapons...but im not especially sure what the "good" materials are in the star wars world. so were gonna have to find out exactly what materials we need you to mine first...

Like I said, I've got definite ideas on what I want to mine BUT I can mine pretty much anything that we need so raw materials for weapons and droids should be high on our list of priorities ;)
 arguile
05-28-2002, 3:04 PM
ooops...hehe...i shouda looked at your link about corellia before i posted that last one. sorry about that.

>puts on dunce hat and sits in corner<

im gonna go read up on corellia real quick like.
 Zendjir
06-03-2002, 6:59 AM
Hi people, I have not been very active the last few day because I couldn't acces the forum.

Here's my 2 cents:

I think I am going to be a trader/ smuggler and also an explorer because I want to be able to see something of the world and protect my goods while traveling. So I think I could be able to track down good mining places for you. And on top of that I could also transport your minerals to our town/ guildhall/ meeting place/ whatever.
Page: 1 of 1