Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

$$ per month poll

Page: 2 of 2
 Murashu
09-22-2002, 12:40 AM
$300 a month was for the long distance charges on my phone for dialing into the server. Back before TCP/IP we had to dial into modem banks instead of paying for internet access. Some guys were spending $1000+ a month to play (most of us couldn't afford it) Although expensive, it was some of the best online times of my life.
 ibballin
09-22-2002, 3:24 AM
ohhhh, i see. i didnt notice your location. that explains why it was so much. thats your dial up bill:D
 Murashu
09-22-2002, 4:12 AM
At the time I was located in NC. Long distance was more expensive 6 years ago too.

I'm only in Afghanistan for a few months or so thats what the Army tells me.
 setsuko
09-22-2002, 9:38 AM
What's all this, people asking how much the game will cost in different countries? Gah! It's simple! The credit card company draw US DOLLARS from your card, even if you are in France, Spain, Thailand or whatever. Since you pay in US DOLLARS, it's simply up to the exchange market how much you pay in your currency when the bill arrives. But the price is the same.

Sure, some games let you pay in euro too. But you pay the same amount it all countries. As simple as that. Don't you kids learn economics in school anymore? ;)
 JediMasters
09-22-2002, 7:50 PM
Ill pay 10 DOLLARS
 Rryanh
09-26-2002, 11:14 AM
Everyone complained when EQ went from $10 to just under $13 per month. But didn't notice a mass exodus from the game, either. In fact, I think the population grew to just under half million! So easy to say you won't pony up, until the games out and you get a taste of the SWG! :boushh:

I can see where Verant/SOE will probably pick up the proverbial EQ ball (as far as the price goes anyway), they are the same company after all, and will probably start at $12.95, with a slight discount if you buy a few months all at once.

But don't get me wrong, $10 or less would be great! :boushh:

See you in the Galaxy!

Rryanh

:lsduel:
Page: 2 of 2