Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Who's Missing?

Page: 1 of 1
 Metallus
05-23-2002, 7:02 AM
A lot of regulars have resurfaced since the Great Downtime of '01, but there are still a few that haven't come back yet, or have disappeared since the new forums opened.

Well, I am personally heartbroken and am weeping openly over the lack of activity here (it took ages to get to 3K posts :(). Can anyone name some people who used to be a regular poster in the community that has since vanished (read: not Lupe)? I can think of a few names offhand: Dockmaster_Velasco, HelenW (Helen actually posted here for awhile after the move), Helios, Super, Bone_Man...hell, there are loads.

What happened to us? We were a thriving community before September of last year, and it seems as though people have given up on the community due, in large part, to the Mojo Downtime.

How can we get these guys & gals back in here? I'm really stumped, and aching for suggestions.
 MeddlingMonk
05-23-2002, 11:59 PM
Well, you've already tried the e-mail thing. I don't know what more can be done short of taking hostages. On the other hand, maybe it's a question of promotion. We've got these banners all over the place. There are lots of LEC sites. Adventure Gamer(s) is rising from the dead. It'd mean cluttering up pages even more, but maybe the banner ad idea is the way to go. Not actual paid advertising, nor something that would replace existing banner space, but new banners. Kind of like the existing buttons that exist for kindred sites, but much bigger and put together like ads (meaning, not simply the existing site banners, but something informative in some way). There are a whole bunch of sites and forums that are moribund, not just GFN. A bit of mutual self-pimping might be a good idea.
 xGrimx
05-26-2002, 4:47 PM
I've kinda been missing..
 Tall Guy
05-26-2002, 5:15 PM
u know....if we had a YaBB board, all our problems would be solved ;) it just sorta attracted people!
 Thrik
06-02-2002, 12:15 AM
Well, I'm no longer missing. I've just finished pretty much all of the year's coursework and can finally fit time in to visit all of the forums I should be visiting :D

I'll start by posting a random smiley. :biggs:
 Tall Guy
06-02-2002, 12:10 PM
welcome back :)

I think quite a few people will start returning as the summer comes. lots of people wil have finished school/college and exams should be pretty much out of the way...here's hoping!
 Schmatz
06-04-2002, 1:04 AM
I was missing... then I found myself huddled underneath my desk chanting random things... but now I'm back.
 Tall Guy
06-04-2002, 1:18 PM
told you people would find their way back...maybe these forums are just too dark. people scare easily u know. :)
 Thrik
06-04-2002, 2:38 PM
lol, I hope people come back. It'd be a shame for the GF community to die after so long.
 Tall Guy
06-04-2002, 8:38 PM
yeah. i guess things will pick up again slowly :)
 MeddlingMonk
06-05-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Thrik
It'd be a shame for the GF community to die after so long.

I don't know. Depends on the travel package it would qualify for afterwards.:evil1:
Page: 1 of 1