Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

OVERALL RATING OF THIS GAME!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 darthjustin69
04-11-2000, 1:21 AM
I would like to know what you guys would give this game on a schale from 1 to 10. 1 being the lowest 10 being the highest.
Thank you, ..... "And may the force be with you"
 Darth_Simpson
04-11-2000, 12:18 PM
7....maybe an 8
 Qui Kenobi
04-14-2000, 1:35 PM
On that scale, I would rate the game at an 8.

------------------
"Well, you were right about one thing, Master. The negotiations were short."
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
 Grand Admiral Thrawn
04-15-2000, 6:18 AM
I'd give it a 6 or so. There a lot of bugs in the game, and the camera angle is trippin'.

-UkeNuke www.monolith3d.com) (http://www.monolith3d.com)

------------------
The Darkside? I've been there. Do your worst.
 e-Gangster
04-16-2000, 1:06 PM
I'd give it an 8 or 9. It would be a definite nine if I could figure out how to join in the fight in the last bit of the Final Battle though !!!!!

May the force be with you.
 TerrorMaroon
06-05-2000, 1:58 PM
I give it a four. The playability of this game is not up to par with the other Star Wars again, except for maybe Rebel Assault (which was pretty bad). And this is from someone who will buy pretty much all of the Star Wars games.

The angle of view for the player is unrealistic. I should be able to adjust my view so I can see everything that Obi-Wan sees. Sometimes the bad guys are just out of viewing range at the top of the screen but I can shoot them. In all other games of this type, I can adjust the viewing angle (Jedi Knight, for example) regardless of whether I can playing first-player or third-player view. There were a few times when I couldn't find Jar Jar because he was at a higher level.

The way the tree cover obscures the scene who on Naboo doesn't make sense. Since "I am the character", the player should not disappear from view when he walks under a lot of branches.

The playability of this game is just below that of Shadows of the Empire.

I'm somewhere on Naboo in the game. Is
Force Push the only power? If so, that's pretty disappointing after playing Jedi Knight all these years.
 Zanzibar
06-05-2000, 6:01 PM
Lucasarts was insistent that this game be more of a "scrolling shooter" with an overhead view like the original Zelda than a first-person shooter. They have an existing successful Jedi Knight series, which they said they did NOT want this game to be.

This game is geared more for Star Wars fans than hardcore gamers; while most hardcore gamers might be Star Wars fans, as a percentage, there are many more people who consider themselves Star Wars fans but do NOT consider themselves hardcore gamers. Right or wrong, LEC decided that TPM should appeal mostly to anyone who enjoyed the movie, not just the hardcore gamers. Thus, the simplified Force Powers (Push, Jump). Yes, if you were looking for another in the Jedi Knight series, this isn't your game.

There is, however, a cheat that we put in to give you an over-the-shoulder view. Hit Backspace, then type in "naughty naughty" and Enter, and the view comes down to look forward. This is a cheat, so the game isn't really tuned to use the view: you'll see a lot of pop-in of the map and AIs, and the camera goes REALLY screwy when the in-game cutscenes occur.
 Darth_Simpson
06-05-2000, 8:09 PM
On second thought, I would give the game an 8 out of 10. The action/adventure mix is just wonderful, and I would like to see more games like this one, but a better camera angle would be good!
 Saesee Tom
06-07-2000, 5:50 PM
I'd give it a 9. If you manage to get through the whole game without any bugs bothering you, it's brilliant. By the way, no matter how many times I re-install it the last bit of level 1 seems to run 4-frames-a-second slow. Tips?
 Zanzibar
06-07-2000, 7:29 PM
ARRRRRGH I know what that is. It happens right after you kill the 3 Battle Droids that come up the elevator when you're on the catwalks, yes? And then the 2 additional Battle Droids that are waiting for you across the way.

There's no solution. The culprit is the AI of those 5 Battle Droids (they all use the same AI routine). In their 'death' routine, they make a call to the code that creates the explosion - but due to an error in the AI, the explosion call gets repeated OVER AND OVER AGAIN in rapid succession. That slows down the processor, and for some reason, doesn't clear itself out immediately.

This is a bug that fell through the cracks; it never made it into the database, even though many of us knew about it. One simple "end call" statement thrown in there would have eliminated it http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/frown.gif)
 Darth_Simpson
06-07-2000, 9:02 PM
That part is just ssoooooooo slow. At least there is only on part of the game which I expreienced this bug. On my setup, I discovered almost none of the bugs you guys have been talking about here!
 Kurgan
06-08-2000, 12:09 AM
A 6 or a 7, depending on my mood. But around there.

Kurgan
 Master Qui-Gon
06-08-2000, 2:32 PM
<font face="BernardMod BT"><font color="green1">I'd give it a 9. Lottsa bugs, but most of them were fun (plus I went looking for them). The camera angle was okay as a default view if you could rotate the camera view around like in Tomb Raider. That way you could go through most of the game with the regular view, but when you want to look around you can. The camera angle gets less frustrating when you're more familiar with the game. Besides learning where baddies tend to be, you also get the hang of firing the blaster blindly ahead, and you can see furher by jumping. When you do that, you can see the droids before they see you and it's easy pickings.

I still wantta know why playing nearly a perfect game and finishing with a 9 only gets me Jedi Novice though. Grrrrrr. When's that chat? I wants ta figure this out.

------------------
http://fan.starwars.com/Fishsticks/files/Jedi3.jpg)
Master Qui-Gon, Jedi Master
Always remember, your focus determines your reality.
Page: 1 of 1