Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Has anyone thought about Yodas vision?

Page: 1 of 1
 She'ba Katana
05-22-2002, 10:45 PM
I've seen the film 2 times so far. And I found something interisting topic to discuss about:

As far as I remember, just after the scene in which Anakin kills the Tusken-clan, Yoda is is shown meditating in the Jedi-tempel.
A moment before Windu comes into the rooms, you can clearly hear Obi-Wan screaming something like: " No, Anakin ,no ! "
It can not be a flashback, because Obiwan, did not say these words to Anakin so far.
It came to my mind that it could be some vision of the future (Episode 3 ?!?, when Anakin is turning to the dark side, killing another Jedi, or anything like this. Perhaps an action which leads Obi-wan to fight Anakin).

Hmm, now I'm not absolutly sure if Obi-wan is screaming exactly these words at anakin, when he attacks Dooku not hearing on Obi-wans words close to the end of AotC

Maybe someone can have a look at it, cause I have no money left to watch it the third time this month *g*.
 Jed
05-22-2002, 11:11 PM
as i have only seen it once, i assume it was maybe a series of events yoda saw of the future taking place not just one, cos it co- incided with anikins hatrid of the tusken raiders,maybe releasing an insight
 [Dom_Pmd]
05-23-2002, 12:42 AM
The voice you hear is of Qui Gon Jin, not Obi...

"Anakin, Anakin! NOOOOOOOOOO!"

:D

Remember! It was Qui Gon who believed that Anakin was the "chosen one"..... that's why you hear his voice.... he's yellin' cause Anakin is basically doing a very bad bad thing! :D <---Dark side sh|t to be more precise...

:jango:
 Schmatz
05-23-2002, 1:11 AM
He's right... that voice he hears is too deep, it has to be Qui-Gon's... that was my first thoughts as soon as I heard it.

I thought of it almost as conflicting inds between Qui-Gon and Anakin, as Anakin killed the Tusken Raiders.
 She'ba Katana
05-23-2002, 7:17 AM
Hmm, I can't tell, because I saw it in german *g*. And Qui-Gons and Obi-Wans voice are not that different in this version.

Seems like I have to see it again.
 GidionTheDead
05-23-2002, 6:52 PM
Hmm, I can't tell, because I saw it in german *g*. And Qui-Gons and Obi-Wans voice are not that different in this version.

Qui-Gon Jinn's voice. They used the syncronisation voices from Trainspotting and Rob Roy. It was clearly the voice of the guy who spoke Liam Neason <sp> in Rob Roy (and of course Episode 1).

Not having read the nocel, that scene really sent a chill up my spine.

Gidion, a.k.a. Dalboz
Page: 1 of 1