Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

troubleshooting

Page: 1 of 1
 quithex
05-22-2002, 6:32 AM
After too long a wait, I decided to install GF on my new computer. It runs ok, but my monitors display is a little shaky- it twitches from time to time. I'm running a P4 1.7 with 512mb of ram & a geforce 4. I've tried running GF in compatibility mode under Windows XP but that didn't do anything. I've also installed the patch. Any ideas on how to fix, or has anyone else had any similar problems? Thanks in advance...
 MeddlingMonk
05-22-2002, 12:57 PM
I assume you've got hardware acceleration turned on in the game.

I don't think there's much you can do about the twitching. I get a few twitches, too (e.g., Glottis in the garage, Olivia in the Blue Casket). From my limited fiddling around with the problem I think it's due to two things: the speed of the processor and DirectX. What I mean is this: Some of the graphical glitches are caused by speed, such as Sal's mouth running at warp 9 when he speaks about 'the fat man'. You can't do much about that unless maybe the newest version of MoSlo' (which works with native Windows applications) can help (it costs $35, though; I don't have it and don't positively know whether it would help). Other glitches (like the Glottis one) appear to be due to versions of DirectX newer than the version the game was made for. These twitches could be eliminated or minimized by swtiching off hardware acceleration. But that means sacrificing visual quality.

The only real solution, as far as I can see, is for LEC to do a new patch to iron out the remaining speed issues and to bring the DirectX things up to date. So, in other words, I don't think there's much you personally can do about other than live with it.
Page: 1 of 1