Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Is there a way to connect direct through phone lines and still play tcpip connection.

Page: 1 of 1
 Mikaserla
05-21-2002, 4:50 PM
I am able to connect my computer to my friends over the phone
lines using a modem to modem dialup server connection, but when he joins my game we end up playing in the udp (network) mode and not the tcpip internet mode. Is there any way to get the game to play tcpip mode. I use the direct connection with many other games and it works much faster (less lag) than over the laggy internet. With Jk2 it is actually slow than if I connect to my friend through the net. I get constant pings of 175 or less with the direction connection.
 ItsNotMyFault
05-21-2002, 5:17 PM
I think it is possible with Windows Dial Up Server. If you have win 98 or above it should be included with the OS. Go to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > Windows Setup > Communications and check the box for Dial Up Server.

Beyood that Im not sure. Go to www.microsoft.com) & go thru their help section.
 Methuselah
05-24-2002, 3:22 AM
yeah it's possible.. just gotta ask someone to host a windows dial up server, and the other guy calls into his phone number, with his pc modem of course, not the phone.. after that, the server just has to setup a server.. and that's it! the server will be seen in the LOCAL tab.
Page: 1 of 1