Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Episode 2's title made no sense

Page: 1 of 1
 SickOfJumping
05-20-2002, 5:17 PM
"Attack of the Clones"
Think about this then think about the movie. The clones did not even get into the fight until the end and then I did not feel like it was an "attack of the clones". Just after seeing the movie the title does not seem to fit at all. Maybe for Episode 3 the title would be more appropriate. Anyone else see this?
 thelegalbeagle
05-20-2002, 5:22 PM
No, not at all.

I saw clones. I saw clones attacking.

All the Star Wars titles referred to what happened at the end of the films...

The Phantom Menace of the Sith was revealed at the end; A New Hope sprung up with the destruction of the Death Star; the Rebel fleet was on the run because The Empire Strikes Back and only after Palpatine had been overthrown was there a Return of the Jedi (in fact, with the mask coming off, there was no more Vader, but a Return of the Jedi that was Anakin Skywalker)
 Funkyhead
05-20-2002, 5:57 PM
Originally posted by thelegalbeagle
No, not at all.

I saw clones. I saw clones attacking.

All the Star Wars titles referred to what happened at the end of the films...

The Phantom Menace of the Sith was revealed at the end; A New Hope sprung up with the destruction of the Death Star; the Rebel fleet was on the run because The Empire Strikes Back and only after Palpatine had been overthrown was there a Return of the Jedi (in fact, with the mask coming off, there was no more Vader, but a Return of the Jedi that was Anakin Skywalker)

Your are generally right but the "attack" of the clones was more a defense by the clones
the clones defendet the jedi in the arena and the they defended the republic (the battle was neither ones attack)

and my fellas and me all thought that the clones would attack the republic mostly untill the clones arrived to help out the jedi

if you saw the trailers and teaser it was the closet thought that the clones would attack the republic and not defend it
 thelegalbeagle
05-20-2002, 6:02 PM
Watch the second last scene - Clonetroopers boarding cruisers to go to war. Looks a bit like an attack to me
 Nebelwerfer_
05-20-2002, 6:21 PM
legals right, you dont defend using aircraft like that. true, they might have been indirectly defending the republic but keep in mind that the big picture makes the title even more true.
 DannyJAllTheWay
05-21-2002, 6:48 PM
I THOUGHT THIS WAS ABOUT EASTER EGGS! Why did it trail off at teh end?
 Master Qui-Gon
05-21-2002, 6:58 PM
I would argue that the empire struck back at the beginning of the movie.
 GUNNER
05-22-2002, 3:11 AM
While the title was corny it did fit the bill. Beside the title E2 "Yoda kicks ass" would of been a spoiler.
 Kyle d'Tana
05-22-2002, 7:38 AM
Well, the title is something special! This attack would change the galaxie. thats the reason for the title. mean, palpatine would command these clones to take control the galaxie.. thats the reason. These clones are responsibel for destroying the old repulic! they are a heavy wight decide from the Old repuplik..... You understand?
 squid808
05-22-2002, 7:51 PM
i'll just say this much: E1 was just the same, as there may have been Darth M. but he was hardly a menace. i mean jedis must get into fights like that many times over. and phantom? not really. i agree that the titles are whack. E2. not really an attack, as they were with the good guys, more of a raid. just my thought.... =)
 Jedi_Monk
05-22-2002, 8:15 PM
The Phantom Menace was Darth Sidious, aka. Palpatine. He was a phantom because he was unseen, working behind the scene to take over the Republic--and he was certainly a menace. The title makes perfect sense. And Jedi don't get into fights with Sith Lords all the time, or even get into many lightsaber duels with Dark Jedi from the looks of it. Dooku was one of the only Jedi who specialized in a fencing style based around combatting someone who wielded a lightsaber.
Page: 1 of 1