Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Threepio was STOLEN

Page: 1 of 1
 Cracken
05-20-2002, 2:52 PM
Forgive me if this has been discussed in another thread, but did anyone else notice that Anakin and Padme just STOLE C-3PO from the Lars homestead. Just took off, without saying goodbye or anything. When you think about it, C-3PO shouldn't have even BEEN on Geonoasis at the time of the battle! Maybe there's a deleted scene where Cliegg or Owen GIVES Anakin Threepio.
 sparky_fox
05-20-2002, 3:02 PM
I think your forgetting episode one, who created C3P0 in the first place, Anikin thats who, so technicaly who owns C3P0, again that would be anikin, so he is just claiming back his property, not stealing, but a short scene should probably have been included in the movie explaining it, my first forghts where that they had just taken of with C3P0 without asking, took me a while to figure out the truth.
 Vader10
05-20-2002, 3:11 PM
Don't forget what C3-PO said when he first realized who Anakin was. It made a remark about Anakin being the "Creator". He then mentioned "I knew you would come back for me."
 Cracken
05-20-2002, 3:12 PM
No, no, no. Anakin left 3PO with his mother, so technically his mother owned him when Anakin left. Then, when Shmi married was bought by Cliegg, 3PO became his property. When Shmi was freed, 3PO was still a possession of Cliegg. Thus, when Anakin and Padme hijack him, 3PO was still the property of Cliegg Lars.
 UnrealJedi
05-20-2002, 4:45 PM
Just so you all know...there is a scene in the novel where Owen Lars tells Padme while Anakin is gone that he is going to give Threepio back to Anakin.

My question is: Why doesn't Owen remember Threepio in ANH? For that matter, who doesn't Threepio remember being at the Lars homestead? His memory had to have been wiped. The only explanation.
 Jedi_Monk
05-20-2002, 5:06 PM
My question is: Why doesn't Owen remember Threepio in ANH?
Why is this one of the most asked questions concerning the Prequels? The 3PO model is mass produced, there're millions, maybe billions, maybe trillions, of them running around the galaxy. Besides, last time Owen saw 3PO, he was a walking scrap-pile, not a polished royal interpreter.
 thelegalbeagle
05-20-2002, 5:06 PM
Here is thelegalbeagle's legal angle:

There is nothing in TPM that suggests that Anakin vested ownership of 3PO in Shmi Skywalker.

Even if Shmi did become owner of Shmi, owneship would have passed back to Anakin upon Shmi's death.

I find Anakin Skywalker guilty of numerous murders of Tusken Raiders, but not guilty of theft.
 Jed
05-22-2002, 10:35 PM
c3-po mentions one of his first jobs was working on farm machinery so he had to have his memory wiped [exept his job skills programing obviously]
Page: 1 of 1