Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Episode 2 not as good as Episode 1.

Page: 1 of 1
 Mikaserla
05-20-2002, 12:29 PM
Attack of the clones was a good movie but not great.
It has several problems.
The first 25% of the film was weak. Anikan's acting was poor and
not convincing. Some of the comedy was out of place. Jedi's really are not supposed to be funny they are supposed to take life seriously. The droid humor is good but I think it should not take place during a serious battle. Obiwan is a wimp in this movie. Anikan is a wimp too, but it is understandable because he is not a jedi yet. Yoda should have cause some harm to Dooko before Dooko ran off( It seems like he ran off for no good reason).
The film was blurry in our theater. There was very little new music in episode 2(what were they thinking). Anikan goes crazy and kills a whole village when his mother that he has not seen in 10 yrs dies convienently in his arms. They should have had her get killed while he was trying to help her escape, then it would make sense for him to go on a rampage. There is no explaination why there is a war. Gango fett died to quickly. There was not much of a big separation between good and evil in the movie. Dooko did not seem very evil. Some of the scene's looked fake ( the pear biting scene and when Anikan rode the creature in the field). Why were they trying to kill the princess Abidula(Natilie Portman)?

Overall I liked the film because I am a Star Wars fan, but I can see why the critics hated it.
 LooNBB
05-20-2002, 12:42 PM
Whatever... EP1 was like the Hello Kitty of Star Wars movies. Yuck!

I would rather watch Space Truckers than be subjected to anymore Ep1!
 Darth Kabal
05-20-2002, 1:01 PM
I agree that it was good but not great but oh my plaese see the movie again because i think you were half asleep through all of it... Here ill break down everything you are wrong about ;)

First that absolutely amazing speeder chase scene throgh Courscant happened in the first 25% (although after this the movie gets a little boring).

Now, about the Jedi characters in the movie. First of all Jedi Knights are still people they are not robots they joke around sometimes too. Obi wan is not a whimp at all hes one of the coolest Jedi in StarWars, if your refering to how it looks like hes trying to be Anakins mother its because Anakin is so hard to teach. Anakin is so far from being a whimp hes nutz! the scene where goes nutz casue his mother dies is incredible! Its like were seeing him transform into Vader! Oh and its not convienent that she dies in his arms he went to look for her (i guess u were asleep then).

If you thought the droid humor was so out of place in EP II why did you think 1 was better? JarJar and little Anakin did many humors things during the battle of Naboo.

The war happens because the Republic wants to destroy the Seperatists before they get to big. (i guess you werent paying much attention). Count Dooku seemed evil enough for me. Even Darth Vader at first was good hearted to Luke. The Sith always try to turn their adversaries to the dakr side (Dooku -- ObiWan scene).

Lastly for godsakes even people who havent seen the movie know its AMIDALA.

Next time make sure you know your facts.
 Mikaserla
05-20-2002, 2:50 PM
Remeber, I did not say I hated the movie. I though it
was good, but could be better.
Some of the comedy between the Jedi's seemed to
be meant for the audience and it seem to prevent
me from becoming engrossed in the Star Wars universe
and brought me back to the reality that I was just watching
a movie.
 Cracken
05-20-2002, 2:54 PM
You cite the bad acting of Hayden Christensen. Need I remind you of Jake Lloyd?
 Sithxace
05-21-2002, 12:44 AM
its jango fett, not gango.

it was good the that dooko seemed good, because it surprises you, i thought til the end he was good and knew about the sith,

because really the republic back then is the empire and the separists are the rebel alliance.
 Ferox
05-21-2002, 1:41 AM
i have to disagree.. the only thing about episode 1 that i liked was the video game for pc .. i had more fun with the story in the game then in the movie.

ep2 to me is the best star wars movie period. and i expect 3 would be even better.
 COJ
05-21-2002, 1:44 AM
Episode was good its because it was the first in 20 years, I dont like to compare any Star Wars. they have their ups and down so....
 drevilhsx
05-21-2002, 2:18 AM
I think Hayden actually did a good job. The problem was some of the corny, contrived dialogue they had him mutter. But the scenes where he actually had some meat to work with were pretty cool (mothers death, telling amidala he killed women and children).
When he sinksto the ground after telling amidala about his rampage and the darth vader theme is played behind him.. that gave me the chills.
 te necabo
05-21-2002, 2:42 AM
it's supposed to be harder to tell good from evil in this film. The lines are blurring between the two while Anakin strattles the line between good and evil.
I thought Hayden did a great job as anakin. Especially in his fighting and plowing over the tusken raider. You can really see how he fights with his emotion and anger, chanelling his anger into every hit, winding up and thwack!
You have to remember that Episode 2 is just a totally different movie than the rest. It has such a different feeling and therefore looks different also. I thought the first part of the movie was cool and kind of dreem like.:guard: :koon: :holosid: :gungan:
 BlackDove
05-21-2002, 2:47 AM
Everyone did the best job they could do. It was a big job too. Ep1 was basically a trout because they gave a lot of acting power to the kid which was horrible (not to mention the action "land-by-a-mistake-in-the-main-hangar-and-mistakenly-fire-and-accidentally-hit-and-destroy-all :rolleyes: ), and to Jar-Jar whom I was hoping that would choke on his damn ears already. Too bad it didn't happen in Ep2, since I was expecting it with anxiety. I really hope Lucas kills him during a VERY TORTURING way in Ep3.

Seriously, Ep2 was great, and the only reason people fell asleep was because they never bothered to try and comprehend the story to the fullest. They were just there for the final battle where they would fight with laser swords.
 Nebelwerfer_
05-21-2002, 3:41 AM
If you liked TPM more that AOTC then you must be smoking something, TPM was 2 hours of jar jar, and aotc had only 3 minutes, thus, aotc is better, and there are more reasons too.
 BlackDove
05-21-2002, 3:48 AM
Originally posted by Nebelwerfer_
If you liked TPM more that AOTC then you must be smoking something

I think I'll be quoting that in my sig :D
 OldSkoolJedi
05-21-2002, 4:23 AM
Originally posted by Nebelwerfer_
If you liked TPM more that AOTC then you must be smoking something, TPM was 2 hours of jar jar, and aotc had only 3 minutes, thus, aotc is better, and there are more reasons too.

Lol Amen 2 That,
Besides, everyone Knows Who Rulz The Star Wars Trilogy And Was the Highlight Of AOTC is Yoda Of Course ! I Know i posted this like 5 otha times but......

YODAS A BAD ASS KUNG FOO GANGSTA !
 BlackDove
05-21-2002, 4:24 AM
You are drunk, aren't you?
 OldSkoolJedi
05-21-2002, 4:28 AM
yes......very much so,

Oh Did I Mention Yodas A Badass Kung Foo Gangsta ?
 Darth Matrix
05-21-2002, 4:32 AM
I would not be surprised if he was.
 BlackDove
05-21-2002, 4:35 AM
Originally posted by OldSkoolJedi
Oh Did I Mention Yodas A Badass Kung Foo Gangsta ?

No, do it again ;)
 OldSkoolJedi
05-21-2002, 4:54 AM
Right Then,

YODAS A BADASS KUNG FOO GANGSTA !

YEAH....

maybe i should it my sig....

nah, cant be bothered :p
 BlackDove
05-21-2002, 4:58 AM
lololol, for the love of god, do it lol
 Natty
05-21-2002, 7:17 AM
What people seem to forget with Phantom Menace is the whole point of that movie is setting everything up for the next 5movies. Meeting Anikan for the first time, meeting Obiwan and Yoda for the first time, its not meant to have a lot of action in it, we're just getting an insight to the characters. Even in Phantom Menace, you can sense how iffy Yoda is over Anikan and how he doesn't trust him. OK, I agree that it wasn't the best StarWars movie ever, but in my opinion neither did AOTC really- while it had more action, half the battle scenes seemed to drag on for waaaaaaaaaaaay too long, especially ObiWan and Jango on the planet where it doesn't seem to stop raining with the things that look like straws (sorry the name of the planet and those creatures escapes me) at least half of that scene could have been edited and it would have still made sense. Same goes for the droid making scene, some of that stuff could have been edited out and the movie would still have flowed and made sense. Even the "I don't like sand" bit could have been edited out coz it only showed what a tosser and loser Anikan is/was at least in Phantom Menace, Anikan can be excused for acting like a girl- he's 8yo in that movie, in AOTC, there's no exuse, he's an adult now, and besides, obsessing over a kiss on the cheek that some girl gave him 10years ago? Phuleeeeze get over it Anikan. Personally I dunno how Sideous could want him on the dark side- what a fricking girl
 Nebelwerfer_
05-21-2002, 3:41 PM
hey, I dont care what you do with your time, if you wanna watch jar jar blather on and on in TPM then go ahead cause ma'am, I really dont give a damn. If you'll please excuse me now, I'm going to go watch AOTC, a movie I would like to think of as a special gift for REAL starwars fans from Lucas.
 Natty
05-22-2002, 1:31 AM
Are you implying I'm not a real StarWars fan? jesus- who died and made you god? It's called an opinion- get over it. I didn't slag off people for not liking Phantom Menace, I merly put my point across, I quite liked it, and said I think people are a little harsh on it sometimes, but never once did I slag people off for hating Phantom Menace. Just because I have a different of opinion to you in regards to PM and AOTC, doesn't make me any less of a StarWars fan

God- is the only reason why people don't like Phantom Menace is coz of JarJar :rolleyes: my god- ok so he can be annoying sometimes, I won't deny that but so is fricking Anikan. 'yes master, no master, ok master' like WTF? at least JarJar has something origional to say even if it can be annoying 'my no no da day started out wif da early brisky morning munchies" OK- so maybe the majority of people don't like JarJar, but seriously, JarJar plays an important role in AOTC, regardless of whether you like him or not. It's because of him (and the other members of the council, but really it's JarJar's fault for being an idiot), the whole mess with the Clones being put into battle starts.

Personally I'd rather judge the movie on a whole rather than based on one character

Phantom Menace- It sets up the story for the following 5movies. We meet Anikan for the first time, realize he has a gift blah blah blah, he's very close to his mother- and that's why the Jedi council are so worried about him being trained to become a Jedi. Meet ObiWan for the first time and realize he's better looking as a padawan learner, rather than a Jedi Master (I'm sorry Ewan, but the beard doesn't do anything for me I'm sure a lot of females like men who have facial hair like monkey's but I dont;)). It's the start of the relationship between Amidala and Anikan, how they first met blah blah blah blah. It sets the scene. Simple as that, ok maybe I was dissapointed at the time, but now looking back on it (and watching the StarWars saga all 4episodes were shown a few weeks back on Aus TV- and yes BTW I have all 4StarWars episodes on Video, including the Phantom Menace DVD) there are parts which do play an important role, regardless if there's action or not- especially ObiWan's defiance in saying he's gonna train Anikan because he made a promise to QuiGonn to train Anikan. It's the little things which is why I like Phantom Menace

AOTC- Half the battle scenes seem to drag on for too long. Half the fight seen with Jango coulda been edited and it would have still made sense. Objective of that scene- ObiWan has to capture Jango and bring him before the Jedi council for questioning. I didn't see the point of the whole fighting against the whatever the hell they were in the droid making factory. Don't really see what that had to do with anything. I thought they were supposed to be trying to find ObiWan? Didn't see the point of half of the scene where ObiWan goes and visits the arse scratching guy- ok so he wanted to know what the lil dart thing was, part of that scene coulda been cut (although not a lot of it coz then it wouldn't have made sense) The poor attempt at what looked like a scene straight out of "The Sound Of Music" I'm surprised Amidala didn't start singing on the spot. Also, Anikan is poorly written, he's supposed to be a Jedi (well ok still a padawan but still) and all he can do is get hard ons when he's within a few feet of Amidala, and obsess about some kiss on the cheek he got from her 10years ago, and finally the thing that irritated me the most was comparing Amidala to sand...WTF? is Anikan on some form of drugs? or is he just being a tosser?. I seriously doubt he knows how to get over things. At least it was good to see Yoda being useful for once.

Anyway, that's my opinion, and if you don't like it then deal with it- I don't slag people off for their opinions on either movies, just like I wouldn't expect people to slag me off for my opinions. Get over it- in the end it's just a movie
 BlackDove
05-22-2002, 1:37 AM
Originally posted by Natty
all he can do is get hard ons when he's within a few feet of Amidala, and obsess about some kiss on the cheek he got from her 10years ago, and finally the thing that irritated me the most was comparing Amidala to sand...WTF? is Anikan on some form of drugs? or is he just being a tosser?. I seriously doubt he knows how to get over things.

:rofl:
 [Dom_Pmd]
05-22-2002, 2:25 AM
Originally posted by Sithxace
its jango fett, not gango.

it was good the that dooko seemed good, because it surprises you, i thought til the end he was good and knew about the sith,

because really the republic back then is the empire and the separists are the rebel alliance.

HAHA! You better check yourself before you correct others buddy!

It's Count Dooku, not Dooko...

:jango:
 BlackDove
05-22-2002, 2:30 AM
I was gonna let that slide.....
 OldSkoolJedi
05-22-2002, 4:23 AM
Lol,

Pronunciations

Dooku ???
Jango Fett
Anakin Skywaler
Padme Amidala

Lol that should do it, if u can't spell Yoda Then well......no comment.
 Clone142
05-22-2002, 5:55 AM
I just can't agree with people that says that it's OK for a movie to be lousy because it's here to introduce the saga or some other this or that. Episode 4 was the first Star Wars we ever saw and it had to introduce Episode 5 and 6 but nobody said IT was lousy 'cause it was an introduction to the 2 following movies; because it just wasn't, lousy I mean. Each movie should be good in it's own right. If it's not, then to me it's a missed opportunity. A chance to contribute to the great Star Wars saga that was not fully seized.

Personnally I enjoyed all the Star Wars movies with ESB being by favorite. But like many fans of the series, I just skip over the lousy scenes, turn a blind eye to the poor acting and try to be understanding of the emotional sterility of the directing; and focus on the great moments. That doesn't mean it should be like that. With all that money available you'd think George Lucas would realise he has strenghts as well as weaknesses and hire the right people to cover those.
 Natty
05-22-2002, 9:40 AM
Originally posted by OldSkoolJedi

Anakin Skywaler

Who's that? :p JK :D Actually I have a really bad habit of spelling it A-N-I-K-A-N only coz he most often gets called Ani so coz of that I've picked up on spelling it with an I instead of A, I know I spell it wrong, but pfffffffft :p
 BlackDove
05-22-2002, 9:44 AM
And it's Sifa Dyas too.....
 Natty
05-23-2002, 6:16 AM
I don't see why names have to be spelt so complicated :mad: :D
 Jahs
05-23-2002, 2:25 PM
Originally posted by te necabo
it's supposed to be harder to tell good from evil in this film. The lines are blurring between the two while Anakin strattles the line between good and evil.
I thought Hayden did a great job as anakin. Especially in his fighting and plowing over the tusken raider. You can really see how he fights with his emotion and anger, chanelling his anger into every hit, winding up and thwack!
You have to remember that Episode 2 is just a totally different movie than the rest. It has such a different feeling and therefore looks different also. I thought the first part of the movie was cool and kind of dreem like.:guard: :koon: :holosid: :gungan:

true.

I wrote en essay a few weeks ago about why the Star Wars saga was so popular. I coudlnt find anything on the net, so I had to think for myself. I remember watching a TV show, and I based my story on it.

and well, Thats why the Saga is so popular (Among other reasons)

Comment Away!!
 Ah Boon
05-23-2002, 3:36 PM
ok, i aint on crack or smokin anything but IMO, ep 4, 5 and 6 is WAAYYYY better than TPM and a lil bit better than ATOC
 J. Master Eric
05-23-2002, 6:29 PM
I personally think Clones was a good film...better than Menace and New Hope (I'm not into ANH that much sorry).

If I had to rank all the movies from fav to least fav, it would be this:

1. Return Of The Jedi
2. Empire Strikes Back
3. Attack Of The Clones
4. A New Hope
5. Phantom Menace

Menace and New Hope are pretty close to each other on my favorities list. Had Jar Jar not been used as much and had Qui Gon lived, it would be higher on my list.

:cool:
Page: 1 of 1