Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can't See thru Water

Page: 1 of 1
 Young Jedi
06-26-2000, 9:55 PM
Hello Everyone -

We cannot see through the bubbles in Otah Gunga or through the water in Theed. Can someone help us with our game options or our monitor settings?

Thank you soooooo much!!

Young Jedi players with non-computer geek mom.
 84Elan
06-26-2000, 9:58 PM
PS or PC?

Now that I read the post again I see you put monitor so PC it is. You can not see your character under the water on theed or through the bubbles in Otha Gunga then how did you make it to theed? The only thing that may be the problem is the contrast or color is turned up all the way to give the game a really bright look try adjusting those. I do not know if TPM has a gama correction option on it but it may I have only played the PS version so I will have to yeild to Kurgan or one of the others. They will be able to help you if they can. Do you have this trouble with any other games?
------------------
Don't center on your anxieties...keep your focus on the here and now.

[This message has been edited by 84Elan (edited June 26, 2000).]
 Zanzibar
06-26-2000, 10:02 PM
Aha- methinks you have a certain ATI video card. Try this:

In the TPM launcher, under Hardware Configuration, check the 'Use Additive Blending' checkbox. That should clear it up.

Your type of video card gave our compatibility programmer fits until he came up with this solution - your card handles transparency in a different way than most other video cards, so he created a special mode just for it. I hear it gives the bubbles of Otoh Gunga a really cool glowing effect that other cards can't duplicate, so you get a little bonus for your trouble http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/wink.gif)

Have fun, and let us know what you think of the game.
 Master Qui-Gon
06-27-2000, 2:10 PM
<font face="BernardMod BT"><font color="green1">I have to agree with Zanzibar. I had this same problem and the additive blending solved it. It also improved the graphic in other parts of the game as well.

------------------
http://fan.starwars.com/Fishsticks/files/Ministry.jpg)
Master Qui-Gon, Minister of Silly Walks
I'm afraid my walk has become rather sillier recently, and so it takes me rather longer to get to work.
 Young Jedi
06-28-2000, 1:57 PM
Hi -

Thank you for your help and good suggestions. I checked the 'additive blending' checkbox, but the game is still not allowing us to see through the bubbles or to see through the water in Theed. I think the name of our video card is "Cirrus Logic 546X AGP", but I'm not sure. If this is the wrong name, let me know where to look on my computer to find out the name. Is there anything else I can try to solve this problem?

My kids love the game and are quite good at it even though they are only 9 & 8. We took our disk to our cousins to play while on vacation and that's how we knew it was possible to see through the water and also how we advanced to Theed.

Thanks again,
Jedi Mom
 Zanzibar
06-28-2000, 4:23 PM
Yikes!!! I haven't heard of that video card before...I must say that the problem may be unfixable. However, the 'good' news is that if you made it past Otoh Gunga, you won't have any further situations like it.

There is something you can try if you want to play through Otoh Gunga - you can use the cheat code that brings the camera in lower. Hit the Backspace key, then type in "naughty naughty", and press Enter. The camera will move in close behind your character, allowing you to see forward. This might help you to see, but it will make some of the jumping puzzles quite difficult http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/frown.gif) Also, one side effect of the cheat is that sometimes during in-game cutscenes the camera gets REALLY unhappy.

I'm sorry to hear that the Additive Blending didn't work...I'm actually surprised to hear that.
 Saesee Tom
06-28-2000, 6:53 PM
You'll make fun of me for not reading the other posts, but have you tried the performance options on the menu?

Polygon trails, water warp (ect)...
 Joe Joe Binks
06-28-2000, 7:07 PM
Yes, we will make fun of you. Do your research, Tom.
 Master Qui-Gon
06-28-2000, 10:10 PM
<font face="BernardMod BT"><font color="green1">Cut it out Joe Joe.
 Saesee Tom
06-29-2000, 2:11 PM
Okay! There we go, see that?!? Everytime someone says somthing, especially me, Joe Joe Binks sicks his great big Gungan nose in and utters sly little comments. PLEASE REMOVE HIM SOON, he's pi**ing everyone off now.
Page: 1 of 1