Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

a few mistakes I think I noticed I'm not 100% sure though

Page: 2 of 2
 Skyro
05-23-2002, 3:06 PM
Originally posted by Vestril

Why would they have to keep taking blodd samples? They presumably have his genetic structure on file...

Exactly. I don't know how anyone could've thought they had to keep taking more samples to create more clones. And even if they did, they have those millions of clones to take blood from. It's the same blood. You know; cloned blood.
 Havoc Stryphe
05-23-2002, 3:13 PM
Originally posted by Twinstar02
I keep seeing people saying things about the empire and the republic that differentiate between them. You do all understand that they are one and the same right?

The Republic becomes what is referred to as the Empire when the New Republic (rag tag freedom fighters anyone?) is formed. The New Republic is just a bunch of people who dont like what the republic has become (an empire).

The process really began in Ep2 with Palpatine being given dictatorial power.

Just thought I would point this out.

-TS02

I think I know what you're trying to say, but you hurt your case more than you helped it.

First of all, yes the Empire is nothing more than the Republic, come under Dictatorship and a few cosmetic changes. But the New Republic did not exist till after the death of the Emperor and the Empire's defeat at the Battle of Endor. Up until that point it was only referred to by as the Rebellion or Rebels, by in-movie characters and by George Lucas.

And though I concede that the Empire and Republic are basically the same, I did mention there are cosmetic changes. Like the Imperial Insignia, the abolishment of the Senate, the making of a large Imperial navy and army (Star Destroyers, Etc..) and renaming Clonetroopers to Stormtroopers and changing the look of their armor.

But, the Republic IS referred to as the EMPIRE after Palpatine declares himself Emperor. That's why it is called the Imperial senate in Episode 4, not the Republic Senate. So the name Republic no longer exists.
 Ah Boon
05-23-2002, 3:22 PM
man, u ppl played too much games, watched too much movies and drink too much coffee!! get a life man!
 Vestril
05-23-2002, 3:27 PM
The Troop officers were in uniforms, but they were still being commanded by the Jedi. Yoda was taking the place of General Veers in ESB. Stormtroopers are a different entity from any other branch of the Imperial army, and they can be commanded by the officers of any of the branches above them, the army Generals and the Fleet Admirals and Captains...

Are all of the men on the Star Destroyers the same? AotC suggests that these, too would be clones. It's more than just the senior officers who look different from one another, even the junior officers like the ones in the Detention Cell arejust people.

Lucas took that senario from old Flash Gordon serials; doesn't have to make sense, it just had to happen for the story. Lucas is writing a morality play, a fantasy, not something that's 100% realistic.

In general, though, his story warps to fit the reality of the situation. To be honest it makes sense that they would make the shift from clone troopers to regular troopers, for a few reasons. Clone troopers are much more predictable than human troopers, they will react to a situation in the same way, and fight with the same powers. They all have the same weaknesses. This works much better fighting a robot intelligence opponent than a human intelligence opponent, in general. When they shift from fighting robot armies to fighting people, a shift in troopers would make sense.

Also, there are good political reasons to fight with enlisted troopers rather than cloned ones. When you enlist a man and indoctrinate him, suddenly his family is tied to you, his brothers/sisters/parents are all suddenly vested in the Empire--especially if he dies in the line of duty. To turn away from the Empire would be especially hard if it was in control of their child/friend, or even worse yet--his memory.
 Frumpus
05-24-2002, 5:28 AM
Originally posted by TuskenUK
JEEEEEEEEEEZUZ you people lol

Well has NOBODY thought to look at the most obvious piece of evidence? Voices!

Jango Fett and HIS clones = Aussie accents
Stormtroopers = US Accents
Stormtrooper Officers = English, American

Hmm, I'd have to say that Jango, Boba, and the Kinoseans (sp?) have more of a New Zealander accent than Australian.

As well, I don't think the Ep4-6 StormTroopers are clones. The Clone Trooper forces probably evolved into what we know later as Stormies, but I don't think that force would last THAT long. It makes sense that they MAY still have some clones in their ranks, (a mixture) but we're talking MANY years later(plus their growth acceleration!?)

The Empire "supposedly" has RECRUITING standards in later times - even is against alien races joining up. And wasn't Han Solo in the process of joining up with their ranks before ditching?

Lucas would have to be a COMPLETE IDIOT to slap the Expanded Universe in the face that much (yet, . . erm, Midichlorians? Jaster Mareel? .. . I wouldn't put it beyond him). Plus, even apart from all the EU info, look at all the different heights in all the troopers! Surely clones don't grow to be different sizes?!

Originally posted by Darklighter
So, does that mean the stormtroopers are just normal humans? That doesn't make sense, because the Empire has an infinite supply of them, almost. Are normal people really that willing to die.

Hmm, ever do much reading about the Third Reich and Nazi Germany? People can believe ALOT of wierd stuff!

Hmm, another thought that has puzzled me:

***Why did these "clones" not look like Jango??** Actually, I thought they looked EXACTLY like the Nabooian (sp?) Captain - the guy that replaced Tanaka!! (eye patch) Check it out!! I was like, "woah, maybe he lost his eye and they used IT'S DNA to clone that army!!. .. Naw, I know, stupid thought, but it REALLY does look like the same guy!
Page: 2 of 2