Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The best dialogue scene

Page: 1 of 1
 Topdan
05-17-2002, 10:33 PM
When Padme falls from the clone carrier,

Anakin: Put the ship down

Obi-Wan: Anakin, don't let your personal feelings get in the way

Anakin: Land the ship

Obi-Wan: I can't take Dooku alone, I need you, if we catch him, we can end this war right now, we have a job to do.

Anakin: I don't care, put that ship down

Obi-Wan: You will be expelled from the Jedi Order

Anakin: I can't leave her

Obi-Wan: Come to your senses, what do you think Padme would do is she was in you position

Anakin: She would do her duty

And then we see Yoda feeling that something is wrong with Anakin.

I think the was one of the best scene in the movie...
 Zaarin
05-17-2002, 10:35 PM
Yeah, that was good.

Also, the "...slaughtered them like animals..." part was good.
 MysteriousJedi
05-17-2002, 10:59 PM
best dialogue had to be when yoda said something about blocking the jedi in the circle. i forget the exact way he said it but it was hilarious. okay, i know yoda talks wierd but what he said there was totally ridiculous, i dont know how the clone could even understand him.
 RichyBoy
05-17-2002, 11:12 PM
Just got back from seeing the movie for the first time (I've had exams :( ). I'd have to agree that the best dialogue was that scene where Anakin describes his slaughtering of the sand people to Padme. It was certainly the best acting from Hayden Christensen in the film. To be honest, I was quite worried about his acting from what I'd seen in the trailers etc., but I was pleasantly surprised by his performance in the second half of the film, particularly in that scene. He suddenly seemed to switch from the angst ridden petulant teenager that he looks too old to play anyway, to a real mood of maliciousness and pure hatred when he described the slaughter of his mother's killers. It bodes well for Episode III and his transformation into everyones favourite bad guy.

On the other hand, I think the real question should be what was the worst bit of dialogue in the film. For me it was the scene where Anakin confessed his true feelings to Padme. All that "you are in my soul" rubbish or whatever it was; I thought both he and Ms. Portman looked extremely uncomfortable in that scene. Some reviewer said that the scene looked like Portman and Christensen were being forced to take part in a "Shakespeare for Begginers" workshop. I'm inclined to agree. Still, I guess it wouldn't be Star Wars without an occasionally shaky script :).
 kaptaintrips
05-17-2002, 11:13 PM
I've read a lot of guff about how the dialogue is watered down and George should hand his pen over. Every time I read an eloquent post about this guff it makes me reflect on my 12:01 viewing...
This is Star Wars ... my first movie memory ... '77 at a drive-in in California wearing foot pajamas. The movie blew my mind, and my parents' as well 'cause I had my mom wake me up when "it got to the trash monster part" cause I wanted to see that again. Heheh They watched the next showing parked in the same spot Heheh.
oops back to Ep.2... the dialogue in this movie and even the acting is none worse than any of the origional trilogy movies-- especially Ep.4! Loved the other two movies when they came out growing up but as I got older and watched them over and over again, I realized that the acting and dialogue was pretty funny-bad LOL. Oh well, It could be like watching MTV and I'd still love it if it tasted like Star Wars.
 Topdan
05-17-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by MysteriousJedi
best dialogue had to be when yoda said something about blocking the jedi in the circle. i forget the exact way he said it but it was hilarious. okay, i know yoda talks wierd but what he said there was totally ridiculous, i dont know how the clone could even understand him.

I think it was:

Around the survivors, a perimeter create.
 Cracken
05-17-2002, 11:49 PM
The very best line:

Obi-Wan: Why do I get the feeling you're going to be the death of me, Anakin?

Everyone in the theater chuckled at that line.
 RichyBoy
05-18-2002, 12:05 AM
Oh yeah, the other part that I thought was a little bit poor was the scene where Anakin is having a nightmare about his mother when he is on Naboo, although I suspect that it was more the acting than the script. Everyone in the cinema laughed at that point. I think it was because it didn't look so much like Anakin was having a nightmare about his mother, but rather he was... er, lets just say that Freud would have had a LOT to say about that scene.
 Natty
05-18-2002, 12:22 AM
OK- anything that 3PO says. The best bit was in the battle scene when he had his head chopped off beforehand so his body had a droids head and 3PO's head was on a droids body

the droid's head- I can't feel my legs, I must be malfunctioning

3PO- DIE JEDI DIE! oh my goodness, did I say that? I'm so sorry (I think thats what he said, something similar anyways)

3PO (after R2 has removed his head and is dragging him along)- This is such a drag...I'm beside myself (which at that stage R2 had gone over to 3PO's body)

Other lines

guy in bar- would you like to buy some death sticks?
Obiwan (waves hand) you don't want to sell me death sticks (pause) you want to go home and think rethink your profession (I think? I can't remember what he said but it was a crackup)

Obiwan- why do I get the feeling you'll be the death of me Anikan?

Probably the most stupid line goes to Amidala when she seens Anikan again for the first time in 10years- Ani? Is that you? my goodness you've grown. Well ummmmmmm duh, but it is 10years later. I've grown a lot in 10years, so I dunno what she's talking about :rolleyes:
 Zindell
05-18-2002, 12:42 AM
I laughed when he tells her she looks exactly the same. that was a bad thing to say to a woman.
 Natty
05-18-2002, 12:47 AM
Depends- some women could take it as a compliment, coz then they would think 'ok thank god I haven't aged' or something, I know if it was me though, I'd probably be on the fence, I'd probably get slightly irritated, but wouldn't crack it :D

I think Amidala was kinda freaked out when Anikan said 'you look just as I remember in my dreams" or something like that. I was giving an 8yo a hard on? Oh no! :eek:
Page: 1 of 1