Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

TPM Sucks!

Page: 1 of 1
 Joe Joe Binks
06-19-2000, 3:11 PM
What a stupid game. The angle of play is weird, the graphics in some places are shoddy, and some of the weapons used are boring and leave no room for imaginative use (especially Amidala's Droid Stunner). Like a fool, I bought the PC and the PSX versions, and the both suck. The only good difference is the feedback on the PSX. I really cannot think of a worse game to buy.
 Dave Maul
06-19-2000, 3:13 PM
 Kurgan
06-19-2000, 4:35 PM
You bought two copies of the same game, and they sucked?

Well I guess somebody got suckered...

Hey, you could have bought Jedi Power Battles (ugh)!

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited June 19, 2000).]
 Master Qui-Gon
06-19-2000, 5:07 PM
<font face="BernardMod BT"><font color="green1">You're right Joe Joe. TPM is not for the weak-minded.

------------------
http://fan.starwars.com/Fishsticks/files/Ministry.jpg)
Master Qui-Gon, Minister of Silly Walks
I'm afraid my walk has become rather sillier recently, and so it takes me rather longer to get to work.
 Dave Maul
06-19-2000, 5:11 PM
Sorry, I may be misreading this Kurgan, but are you saying that JPB is a bad game? No way! Sure, it has more glitches than enemies, but the gameplay is very good, and the option to play as one of five characters (or eight, counting secret characters) is a nice addition.

[This message has been edited by Dave Maul (edited June 19, 2000).]
 Master Qui-Gon
06-19-2000, 5:50 PM
<font face="BernardMod BT"><font color="green1">The way I read it, he was saying that TPM was much better; not that JPB was bad as such. If that interpretation is correct, I agree with him completely.

If I misinterpreted him and he in fact meant that Jaba the Hutt likes banana fruitcake on alternate Wednesdays, then I'm afraid I may disagree.

------------------
I'm afraid my walk has become rather sillier recently, and so it takes me rather longer to get to work.

[This message has been edited by Master Qui-Gon (edited June 19, 2000).]
 Dave Maul
06-19-2000, 6:31 PM
I don't agree as such. I think that JPB has a better replay value, as you can get secret characters and levels with the different Jedi.

Don't get me wrong, I loved TPM when I first played it (and I still do). It was good to find a game that had both fighting and puzzles.
 Master Qui-Gon
06-19-2000, 7:05 PM
<font face="BernardMod BT"><font color="green1">Fair enough. It also had good moves, and the graphics were good (for a PSX game). Bonus levels and characters were quite a plus (could use that on TPM). I also liked the fact that Qui-Gon lived http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/biggrin.gif)

However, it was also totally mindless-- a throwback to Super Mario Brothers. Restarting levels when you die, and having to go over the same ground all over again (and again), was just tedious and irritating. This was compounded by the fact the game's programers obviously had some kind of weird fetish for Jedi bunny rabbits. You spend most of the game bouncing around ridiculously. For this reason, my lasting impression of the game is one of irritation. After I beat every level with every character, I stuffed the game in the closet and haven't looked at it since.

I have no doubts, however, that most Star Wars gamers would prefer JPB, so maybe it's just me.
 Saesee Tom
06-20-2000, 3:01 PM
You're both right. TPM and JPB are both great, but for their own different reasons. I really enjoy the detail and numerous moves on JPB even though I don't have the game. TPM is great too, as for Joe Joe, I think I'll make a post that will rather annoy him. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/tongue.gif)

[This message has been edited by Saesee Tom (edited June 20, 2000).]
 Kurgan
06-20-2000, 3:08 PM
Here's my honest opinion:

JPB was awful. If it hadn't been Star Wars it would have been just okay (like Zombie Revenge in a way..).

Sure it has "secrets" and other stuff, but the play mechanics are very poor, and not true to SW hardly at all. It just isn't fun for me. 2 player is mildly better, but still not much fun. Had the controls and options been better, and the bugs fixed, it could have been fun.

TPM was just okay. It had alot of dumb parts (like controlling Padme and the jump puzzles), but all in all, was worth playing.

Thus far the Episode I based games haven't been that impressive. I'm looking forward to Super Bombad Racing and Obi-Wan though, and Pod Racer was pretty good.

You are free to disagree with me, but this is what I think after playing the games and giving them a fair shake.

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited June 20, 2000).]
 Joe Joe Binks
06-21-2000, 8:03 PM
You bunch of freaks! All the Star Wars games suck, and you know it! They sucked before, they suck now and they will suck forever.

Kinda like Saesee Tom, if you know what I mean... http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/wink.gif)
 Kurgan
06-21-2000, 8:34 PM
Was that last crack really necessary?

Kurgan
 Joe Joe Binks
06-21-2000, 8:41 PM
Yes. It makes Saesee Tom feel stupid, and gets him back for trying to get me kicked off the forum (the same to "Dave Maul" as well).
 Pedro The Hutt
06-21-2000, 10:25 PM
Err.. Joe Joe,

When you said that all Star Wars games stink.
Where you kidding?

And if not, why are you here?

------------------
No!
I am your father.
 Master Qui-Gon
06-21-2000, 10:36 PM
<font face="BernardMod BT"><font color="green1">Joe Joe, if we took a vote, I think you'd find that nobody here likes you. Your behavior is obnoxious and uncalled for. Cut it out.

------------------
 Pootie_Fett
06-22-2000, 12:29 PM
Well i certainly don't think that he is the nicest guy on this forum.
 Joe Joe Binks
06-22-2000, 3:16 PM
Yes, I did mean it. I cannot find one good SW game.

Masters Of Teras Kasi: Snore.
Dark Forces: Okay gameplay, but crappy graphics.
TPM: Need I go on?
Jedi Power Battles: Glitch Haven.
Racer: Sooo boring.
Shadows Of The Empire: Too easy.
Rebel Assault: You can't explore anywhere.

If you guys don't like me, then fine.
 Pootie_Fett
06-22-2000, 4:07 PM
well then why don't u get Jedi Knight! that is the best SW game ever!!!
 Kurgan
06-22-2000, 4:43 PM
Good point, there are alot of SW games out there, surely there is one you like..or could like. ; )

JK, MOTS, SW Trilogy Arcade, Rebel Assault II (love the ground battles)...

Hey, I freely admit, I don't like alot of the SW games that have come out. And some of them are well put together, I just don't enjoy them very much.

Kurgan
 Joe Joe Binks
06-22-2000, 8:03 PM
Jedi Knight sucks balls (the game,not the site). The cutscenes are the best thing, and they are crap.

It's just a tired storyline expanded with (so-called) better graphics.
 Master Qui-Gon
06-22-2000, 8:14 PM
<font face="BernardMod BT"><font color="green1">Well Joe Joe, why don't you describe the way you would want a Star Wars game to be. Though you've been very clear that you don't like things, offering such penetrating comments as "Jedi Knight sucks balls," you haven't said much on what you do like.

------------------
 Joe Joe Binks
06-22-2000, 8:24 PM
Obi-Wan looks like a good game. From the screenshots, it looks like it has good graphics. And from the press release, it sounds like a much better game than Jedi Knight (ugh, just saying it makes me throw up over my keyboard).

However, we all must remember that it's a LucasArts game, and they'll probably find some way to f*** it up.
 Pootie_Fett
06-23-2000, 1:11 AM
I don't like JK SP much, but the MP is awwwwwwwesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Pedro The Hutt
06-23-2000, 9:24 PM
Say Joe Joe, I think that you're even weirder than Jar Jar.

------------------
No!
I am your father.
 Pootie_Fett
06-23-2000, 11:26 PM
I would have to agree....:P
 Joe Joe Binks
06-24-2000, 7:27 PM
Say Pedro, I think you're about as slow-witted as Jabba. That's no mean feat, so congratulations.
 Pedro The Hutt
06-24-2000, 11:11 PM
Bo shooda.
Don't worry, I actually like Jar Jar.
(Besides I know people that are even weirder than you & not to forget more offensive)

------------------
No!
I am your father.
 Saesee Tom
06-25-2000, 12:38 PM
Joe Joe, have you seen (or liked) the Star Wars movies? LucasArts make brilliant games that meet pretty much everyone's standards, you probably have a slow computer.
Oh, and why do you frequently try to make fun of me? All you're doing is making people feel sorry for me and other users hate you.
http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/cool.gif)
Page: 1 of 1