Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Just a bunch of vintage references thrown into other scenes?

Page: 1 of 1
 SickOfJumping
05-17-2002, 10:12 PM
Just my opinion so flame on if you like. Just know I have been a fan of the "saga" since my parents took me to see the original ANH when I was like 7 years old. It seems like the movie was nothing more than to throw in things that refer to the first 3 movies, just novelty stuff like the plans, and Obi Wan's "why do I feel you'll be the death of me" comment. Stuff like that to make you think about the first ones. Seeing the look of the clone warriors looking like the future stormtroopers, the walkers similiar to At-AT's, the last scene with the triangular star destroyer looking ships. Everything else seemed to just be thrown around all these novelty scenes and script. I was terribly disappointed hoping this film would live up to the original 3, but it just didnt feel like Star Wars. As a big fan I was saddened, I'll have to watch the other 3 to bring me back up, lol.
 Stealth_Shot
05-17-2002, 10:25 PM
Well remember that this only 30 years before all those original things show up. Where do you think AT-AT's came from? Now we know that they were most likely dervied from the walkers soon in EP2. The stormtroopers were remakes of the clonetroopers. Star destroyer shapes were used because it is highly unlikely that brand new star destroyers with a new look could be built in only 30 years. Also remember that this must tie in as best as possible to the original triolgy, and using things that bring back the memory of the first 3 can only help.
 SickOfJumping
05-17-2002, 11:02 PM
I understand all that and enjoyed the references, my problem is that is ALL i enjoyed! Just seemed like that was all it was to me.
 Stealth_Shot
05-17-2002, 11:11 PM
How could you not love the fight between Jango Fett and Obiwan??? That is probably my 3rd favorite scene of all time behind the AT-AT attack on Hoth and the Episode I lightsaber duel.

yes i know you loved yoda too :)

i look at the movie as a whole, that way one or two dumb lines/scenes dont ruin it for me. I loved all the scenes anyways.
 Verbatim
05-18-2002, 12:36 PM
Here HERE!
Page: 1 of 1