Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

A Couple Of Things About Level 8...

Page: 1 of 1
 Dave Maul
06-10-2000, 6:41 PM
I'm replaying TPM again on my PSX, and I've noticed a few things about the Encounter In The Desert.

First, a question: Is there a way to get past that Ronto back into Mos Espa, or are the people behind it just for show? I can deflect lasers at the jawa, but they hit him with no effect.

Also, did you know that you don't have to fight Darth Maul for the second time on this level? When you're by the ship and he appears, you just have to keep him busy while the rest load the hyperdrive.
 84Elan
06-11-2000, 2:56 PM
I did not know that Ed. YESSS! As far as I know you can not go back into town as it were and reak havock. As for the keeping Maul busy I find that smaking him with the lightsaber is a good way to "keep him busy".

But I guess that you could just run around or something. I tried to play TPM on my PS last night but after playing JPB for so long I first kept putting my lightsaber away trying to run and then second forgot that I had to swing and move back and forth to try and block blaster bolts. I did not get past the many droids and falling trees in the swamps right before jar jar says "Over here!"

Man I used to be great with that game!?!?!?
 Dave Maul
06-11-2000, 4:18 PM
I know what you mean. I never change the controls on my games, and I press R2 to run on JPB. I do the same on TPM, and I cycle through the weapons while a creature hacks at me with a big axe! I guess I deserve that...
 Pootie_Fett
06-13-2000, 4:52 PM
about getting back into town, my cousin, who owns the Playstation version, told me that he was able to jump up on something, and get past the ronto! He said that he started running farther into Mos Espa, but that the game crashed, heehee.
 Master Qui-Gon
06-13-2000, 6:17 PM
<font face="BernardMod BT"><font color="green1">See if you can find out how he did. I'd be curious to know.

------------------
http://fan.starwars.com/Fishsticks/files/Jedi3.jpg)
Master Qui-Gon, Jedi Master
Always remember, your focus determines your reality.
 Pootie_Fett
06-14-2000, 11:34 PM
k, i think he said it was one of those things that goes over the doors...whatever ya call em, hehe. But i'll ask him to give me a more detailed summary.
Page: 1 of 1