Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How good do u think it will do at the box-office

Page: 1 of 1
 COJ
05-17-2002, 12:38 PM
so?? do u think its going ot beat Episode 1, do u think it will do more then Episode 1's 400 and over million $$$, I hope so!!
 els.DarkLord
05-17-2002, 12:57 PM
Well, flame me for this everyone, but actually, I dont care. Those are just stupid numbers. Noone needs them, hell, not even Lucas himself really needs to know if he will make more or less money, than spiderman, or whatsoever. It is a GOOD movie.
So why care about numbers? .... err yeah ;)
 riz
05-17-2002, 3:56 PM
els.DarkLord - It does matter how it does at the box office... If it flops, you can expect less money to be put into the grand finale of the the Star Wars saga... don't know about you but the more money spent on the last ever Star Wars film the better and this won't happen with a box office pooper...

"Budget-wise, Lucas says he'll be fine if Clones clears $285 million (you know, walking-around money for Spidey). "If it does $205 [million], it's a disappointment, and we have to rethink the things we are doing about the next one," he says. " ...article from E! near the bottom: http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,9946,00.html)

riz
 Zindell
05-17-2002, 4:09 PM
well seeing he's raking in a nice 70% of the profits and he chose to only let it run in select theatres because of the sound. Also they had to commit to show the movie for so many weeks. I think it might be a challenge to hit the goal he wants. I had to drive quite awhile to see the movie because the thatre near me couldn't afford to pay GL 70% of their profits they don't make enough as it is.
Page: 1 of 1